1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Fantasy Pack, Preview shot ! ! !

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Gaunt13, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Shipwright

Hello all, I've been off the texture pack making for a while... I mean I was the 3rd person to ever make one and haven't done crap all since hehe. I return to KAG after a while and see all of this stunning progress!!! So without further ado this is the announcement of my ambitious texture pack. This will involve sprites for characters, workshops, tents as-well as multiple environment packs ranging from desert, to dry plains, to mystical, to dark depths of the underworld and beyond. This will be highly ambitious and all I can offer up is this thrown together shot of the archer sprite I have finished.

This archer has been tried and tested, looks good in all scenarios whether it be ambushing from the treetops, climbing through jungles, fighting ontopof/within a keep or just general tunnel shooting).

I am not giving out the untested sprites as I want to make sure it is good enough for release. all custom sprite heads will be done aswell (fully team compatible).

[​IMG]
    To clear this up if you think his legs are the size of a hobbit. the leather "tunic" goes down to his shins. a sort of battledress style attire. I don't know if this will raise issues but it's something I feel somewhat discontent with.
    Downloads
    Archer
    [​IMG]
    In fierce battle, he's hardened, in nature he is trained, in the shadow he moves. The ranger is a perfect archer role

The ranger is fully Unisex the heads alone (even non-premium) are clearly enough to differentiate between the two.
    Knight
    [​IMG]
    The fearsome, powerful, noble battle-mage in steel plate armour to ravage away at his foes flesh and attire.
    Also this Knight is unisex, and works perfectly as both.

[​IMG]
    This isn't anything special but you will find that the default archers "robin hood" style head is now a awesome 'team-coloured' hood which was designed in thought for the ranger but it just looks epic, no matter which role it is applied to.

(installation instructions)
    1. Right click image "save as..."
    2. Save to C:\KAG\Base\Sprites
    3.(Optional) If you want to use these sprites for females then copy-past the file and rename it "knightFemale" or "archerFemale" without the quotations respectively. the head is unfortunately male only at the moment but I'm getting round to it.

Any type of criticism, advice, ideas or general hoo-ha will be appreciated, maybe even considered, but probably just appreciated.
    Please Read This. Ifs you want to use any content here in your own content you are publicising please ask permission respectively... THANK YOU ! :)

miniu, Contrary, BlackKlit and 2 others like this.
  2. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Wow iv been looking for an archer sprite just like that its amazing. :):thumbs_up: Cannot Wait For This.

3. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Shipwright

edit: I'm working all day and night today, I will finish and upload tomorrow :).

Cerbercre likes this.
  4. Cerbercre

Could i also request a knight verison of this :eek:

5. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Shipwright

Hehe the knight will be uploaded later aswell (with screen/s of course) with an interesting concept :)

Cerbercre likes this.
  6. Cerbercre

AHHHHHHH :r_flex::p:flex: pumped.

7. mishKa

mishKa Mayo for everybody. ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛ Donator

Wow speaking of ambition.:rollseyes: Anyhow looks very promising so far!

8. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I wish you could make a script so that every time you start a new game it picks a random Texture Pack file and replaces the sprites included in the pack. That way you could have one map Snow, one Normal, one Desert etc.

Cerbercre and mishKa like this.
  9. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Shipwright

Ambition sums up my person :D
    I wish it were possible to but unfortunately I have to much on my plate with study, work and my only relief which is graphic design. So I don't have to time to learn the form of C coding that KAG uses however I will make a dent in it, in a few months perhaps. Most of the game is hardcoded anywho and the only variables are basics, spawn rates, timers, ticket limit. No server-side sprite transferring because they haven't found a way to do it without risking comps to get pumped with viruses.

Check OP for sprites of archer + knight (Uploading right now !)

Cerbercre likes this.
  10. Cerbercre

i love the sprites :D i was hoping the knight would have a cloak too but god its epic :)

11. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Shipwright

:D Glad you like it, And i was considering it, but since the knight has to be so bulky to fill in his hit-box a cloak would just be too much in size-terms and making the knight slender with the cloak actually counting as his hit box wouldn't make sense... i mean you know... Getting hit in the cloak by a sword or arrow and blood spurting out and you even die, wouldn't make much sense, haha .

Cerbercre likes this.
  12. Cerbercre

Yea true :( but epic work i love it as i state it again :D

13. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Shipwright

Thank you very much, this is only the tip of the iceberg :)

14. Cerbercre

:eek:Good sir your gonna be making my days.

15. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

You are back.....now we have to bug Turtle to get back to making texture packs as well! :D

Cerbercre likes this.
  16. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Shipwright

Haha my god someone who remembers me. hehe I was going to continue OrcsvsTemplars but with the team appearances now it's not possible to have unique differences between teams. It would be good if you could change the team variable colours. so i could use it with skin colour and armour colour :) oh well, besides as soon as i made that texture pack everyone started making Templar sprites (not to mention all of the ones that used slight personalized copies of my sprites:>:(: )

17. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Well,you could change the blue/red parts of the armor colour (and the blue/red parts of heads) by doing this:
    In the sprites folder,you should find "teampalette"In team palette you should find a row of colors
    • On the left you will see a few blue shades,and on the right a few red.
    • What you want to do to those is change them to the shades of whatever color you want them to be.
      (so if you want blue to be ____,you change the blue shades to shades of ____,and if you want red to be ____ you change the shades of red to _____)
    • Now open up the sprites you want to edit and edit them,but remember to use the shades of whatever color you changed the blue to!
    • If you did it correctly,you will have cool colored armor/heads in each team!
    [*]
    [*]Sorry if you don't get it,I am not that great at writing tutorials.
    [/LIST]

18. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Shipwright

No that's great! haha I will have to fiddle with this after I have done all of my sprites I have quite a few ideas. Many thanks :)

19. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

No problem,anyway your texture pack is looking great,especially the knights!

20. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Shipwright

Thanks! I'm working on the custom heads at the moment, they're coming along brilliantly.

On a side note ====>> Anyone who has ideas of races you want to see in the game then drop a name in here or a pm, I'm quite up to scratch with fantasy themed races but there is always room for more.