1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

what are the EXACT slash hitboxes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steve_jobs, Dec 28, 2013.

1. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

The title says it all.
    Give me a picture with a semi-transparent box as the hitbox, if possible.

thanks in advance.

2. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

It is all in HERE

3. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

thanks.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Also

[​IMG]

Shows the slight change when moving (second jump most notably) plus the pixel perfect slash aim (in contrast to segmented jab aim).

5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

@Geti could you post some other gifs like this? Personally I'd like to see how the hitbox is while moving and attacking.

16th likes this.
  6. Boea

Boea Such Beta

So slashes are particle sprays dependent on the velocity of the Slashing Knight.
    That explains a lot, actually.

Also, Aphelion wants me to be nerfed, half damage output because I figured out how to do 4h slash-stomps.

7. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

most people do lol, even the steamies

thanks geti, could you do a more complex one, with you running around and scaling walls etc

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

[​IMG]

9. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

thanks mazey.

10. vik

vik THD Team THD Team Tester

I want debug mode, how2

11. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Open the console and write "/g_debug 1" to activate and "/g_debug 0" to deactivate.

Gurin and Fate like this.
  12. vik

vik THD Team THD Team Tester

cool thanks

13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

The most sobering thing is that I end up dominating the server.
    The server owner, Aphelion, is paranoid about me, and believes I'm hacking somehow.

I'm not retarded, my nickname is, hacking is probably the dumbest thing to get blacklisted for.

14. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

do you just slash stomp, then jab?
    or do you have some other secret underworld technique.

15. Boea

Boea Such Beta

You don't need to jab, all that matters is how fast you are colliding with the target and that you are ontop, not how far you've fallen. (This means, if an enemy is moving at the speed of light into your ass, they'll be the one that dies because you are technically stomping at light speeds)
    It's bullshit, but that's how stomping works... and for that matter any damaging collision. (This is why trampoline combat, and ramming is the way it is)

You only need 1b* falls to shield bash, and about 2.5b, or 1.5b, to shield stomp. (It seems angle of attack/contact is used in generating the knock back force on the victim; given a generally horizontal-upwards* shield bash you can knock people several blocks away)
    You can do 3h* if you do a point-blank slash-stomp, because Slashing increases your momentum, enough to stomp at point-blank ranges. (4h for a slash stomp stab)
    4+*h if you fall about 4b, and are moving forward when doing the point-blank slash stomp.
    After a certain threshold, you don't even need to slash to cause damage, you need to slash because it makes you fall all that much faster. Just be careful, fall damage is considered a stun, and in some cases, you may fall hard enough to instagib; if you land on someone, then you'll be fine. You won't be fine if they crouch, but you can counter that by inflicting damage on them (negating their crouch state by forcing the damage state), with a slash. (In general, Slash, Shield, Stab, or Stun someone if you feel like landing on them)

All in all, if you land the hit, you can actually kill groups of people at a time; I know because I've done it before. (My regret is that I generally go on to wipe their team because they are of that skill level, and the Veterans are in their walled gardens having lusty avatar orgies without me)
    Now that you roughly know that you can weaponize the shit out of Collisions, and roughly how Slashing acts, you should get busy with becoming an adequate player.

Edit: Looking back at this, I'm surprised I could learn this much from casual-neurotic observation

nb - n block(s); also useful as a fuzzy metric for how much scalar speed a momentum has (This means that Shield Skiing is a viable way to Shield Bash if you didn't get the hint).
    a-b - a is the larger, or an equal component in this compound, given it deals with arbitrary directionality (So this means a Shield Ski could can Shield Bash, and is at the right angle to knock people back a bit, given it lands right; the same I guess applies to people getting knock back when you slash or shoot full shots at their shield)
    nh - n heart(s); in reference to having, healing, or damaging for said amount
    n+ - n or greater (not to be confused with +n, which is "greater than n")

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  16. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

And this is the part of the reason why some of us think the stomp&stun changes wich the build after 939 brought are so frustrating. As I've experienced there are other ways to lose 4 hearts in less than a second, but I'm not as good observer as Boea. Thanks for this info, it might also be some of us not getting adapted to the those repeated stomp and stuns - I believe Monsteri raged like 10 days ago due to this-, and should change our fight style.

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Stomp & Stun, or rather Stomp & "You take the damage for me" has always been cancerous since it was in alpha. It hsould have been removed so long ago, but everyone thought "L3L Look at me jump u so mad lmao i funny nao" so it stayed cause it was a 'fun' mechanic, except it was never fun when someone on the other team or their entire team jsut camped at the top of a tower jumping on you, or someone abused it strongly. It's not as bad anymore, but jesus christ it was never a good idea.

18. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

^
    IMO, it's a good idea. due to stuff like slash stomping, where you attack from matters just as much as timing your attack properly. It encourages thinking while you fight. using the environment to your advantage. If you manage to get 7-8 blocks on top of a person that is good. the fight is as good as won, but not because of some cheap tactic. They were either stupid enough to go to the lower ground, or you were smart enough to go to the high ground.

19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

There are way too many times where getting that far above someone is trivial, whether it's a building intended for such or othewise. That doesn't even factor in what was stated above, that sometimes you can do it without even requiring that much distance, because it's the speed that really matters.

20. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

"building intended for such or otherwise." That is a really vague statement. If a building was intended for getting knights to high ground, what's the problem with that? buildings are meant to be designed to give an advantage to your team. (although some people fail to realize that)
    As for "otherwise"... please tell me what "otherwise" is. -.-

true. but when you attempt a slash stomp from a shorter distance, there is a period of time when you are vulnerable to a quick single slash.
    just say you are on a stone platform raised five tiles up or lower. There is a blue below you. To preform a slash stomp, you must first jump off the platform.
    when you jump, you are going up. If you slash now, you wont get the downward momentum you need.
    so for a second there, you are vulnerable.
    If an enemy anticipates your slash stomp, you can be easily stopped and countered.