1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Unified Map pool

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ej, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Yesterday when I was watching some SC2 matches I got hit by an idea. Why the hell KAG hasn't got one 'pr0' map pack consisting only of balanced and good maps?
    So this is my contribute and ak to the community. Let's try to make a map pack useful for every clan war or a vanilla server whose owner doesn't want to host awful generated maps all the time*.
    I'm dropping some maps from Action's dropbox and a few from forums which I think are pretty good.
    goldenhills.png
    [​IMG]
    ActionHill.png
    [​IMG]
    ActionValley.png
    muffinmapsinc.png
    Contrary.png
    BiggerHill.png
    pyramid.png

Feel free to hate these and put here your own .

*Of course your map pool should depend on the number of slots on your server.

Ghozt, Noburu, Wixmef and 8 others like this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Grand idea. Should specify it's for CTF (I assume).

3. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Thanks! I was looking for something like that.
    Most of map makers seem to like making HUGE complicated absurd maps with tons on ways to enemy base.

PS: Don't remove the Contrary thing, it's the best part of the map!

4. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Then you should post it in ''Suggestions''

But yea the idea is good.

5. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

It's not a suggestion since he is acctually doing the idea. He should keep it up-to-date so we can have a source of balanced maps.

6. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I for one, love complicated maps, thank you very much.
    But a nice slightly hilly map is good every now and again.
    I think I'm gonna make a slightly hilly map then.

GloriousToast and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  7. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

If the Map-Making guys of yous can compile a couple of map collections, suited to different server styles, e.g. Small, Huge, CTF, Rapid, Creative, Esoteric, no-build, etc then I would suggest they get packaged with the server software.

Rayne likes this.
  8. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

There should be a number of map packs, some nice and simeple but tactical, the de_dust of KAG, the large and complicated, and the abnormal such as floating islands, pillars of dirt (these can be very fun or very annoying), so yes, I am in favor of map packs, but there can be many different kinds, tacical, large, pre built, ect.

9. Bump:
    I put a new map and balanced 'Contrary'.

10. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Not sure if this ever became common knowledge, but we have a community map site: http://kagstuff.com/.

MCrypa and Froghead48 like this.
  11. Awesomec

Awesomec Shark Slayer

We know Allknowingfrog, they just wanted "map pack" of all the balanced good ones. Plus it seems a little disorganized over there.

12. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah I'm gonna put some work in on it soon to give it a 'map collection' feature for organising this kinda thing

Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
  13. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I would also like to see a crazy maps pack, full of fun weird stuff, instead of just lame weird stuff.

Hmmm, I kinda wanna make an upside down map now... with bases on the bottom.

14. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Why oh why are a couple of my maps listed lol. Most every map I made was shit, and only done as a last resort so I had some custom maps back when I ran my servers.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 17, 2012 2:37 AM ---</br>
    Also why no original upside down by Rayne? That was most fun map at the time it was made. Would still be fun imo.