1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The meaning of your name?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Eggnogg, Jan 31, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Why'd you choose the username you have right now? What does it mean? Any story as to how you chose it?

I got my name "Eggnogg" because I wanted something that was a valid length on most websites, and was simply named after an item, or some inconspicuous object. The extra "g" isn't incorrect spelling, I actually used to use Egg Noggin, or it was half-intended to be like that, but I dropped it. I've also gone by the names of SMP, and for a short time, Grinner. My name, Eggnogg, is still a bit immature/silly methinks, and I might change it again once I do something more important :p .

Noburu, jimmyzoudcba, Drusse and 2 others like this.
  2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I used to have the nick PQ and I always got this question, I didn't have a proper answer so I came up with this name some years ago. (I'm still using PQ but decided to use this nick at KAG)

Oh well, it's based on my tactic, I like to rush and crush enemies, I hate playing tactically right and waiting for the enemy to make a mistake, that just makes me bored. I want to bombjump-slash everyone down like a real downburst would do, BWAM.

PUNK123 and Auri like this.
  3. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

I came up with mine in a rather random fashion. While watching Greenaway's The Cook, The Thief His Wife & Her Lover (1989) I heard Albert saying:
    Trelawney/trelawny sounds really funny in greek.
    I googled further, then came across John Edward Trelawney, a biographer of Shelley and Byron, liked his photo and the fact that ,purely by chance considering how I came across him, he spent a good deal of his life in greece.. the rest is history.

ref: http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/c/cook-thief-wife-lover-script.html

Auri likes this.
  4. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

It's really stupid, really. I was thinking about a name to go under for my youtube account, I wanted something relevant to my real name while still sounding somewhat uplifting. TheWonderMark came into mind but was sadly taken by some random bloke.

After a minute or two I figured that WanderMark sounds kinda the same as WonderMark. So there we go. Still wandering.

Piano and Auri like this.
  5. nerdpride

nerdpride Shopkeep Stealer

I remember quite clearly a comic on sinfest.net that featured a "nerd pride" character who had an unfortunately short run. I keep trying to find those again, to no avail. Maybe I imagined it?

One of the first things you learn about the male lead, Slick, is that he's basically a midget poser, always trying to live up to his "Slick D. Sexington" ideal man. The author has a love/hate thing for him. Sometimes he makes it appear that Slick's "golden heart" and intention to woo women everywhere is more important than reality. Yes, Sinfest tends to have a disgusting love for everything "pimpin".

There's one other nerd, named Criminy, who's more of a poetry and prose nerd and tends to go along with anything (I guess he wouldn't be with Fuschia otherwise?), but the nerdpride I remember was contrary to Slick from the beginning. That character burst into the comic saying, "I'm lame and I'm proud!" during one of Slick's more self-aware moments. I like that character mostly because it's undeveloped in the comic, it's aggressive in a backwards land, and I can project my own ideas in. Maybe it was just a small part of Slick rebelling (with a sign) and getting squashed out. Most of the opposition to Slick these days comes from the feminist girl tricycle gang, but the way they say things is frustrating.

Auri likes this.
  6. komarEX

komarEX Bison Rider

Well, you can split my nick in 2 parts: komar and EX.
    Komar in Polish language means mosquito. Why mosquito? When I was younger I was making websites but I wasn't pro enough, so I just "sucked" source code from other websites. I was young - didn't know it was bad. Tho as 14-15 yrs old I did quite popular website in PHP with GBA roms! xD When I found out that I could go to jail because of it I closed my website.
    As for "EX". There was a fun game named Little Fighter 2. My favourite char was Louis. He had smth like evolution to LouisEX. Coz there was a lot of Komar nick users in internet I added EX in the end.
    When I started using this nick in internet I was the only one - google couldn't find any websites with "komarEX" string.
    Right now my nick is used by some soccer club in Poland and by some pharmacy (they named their antimosquito gel by my nick).

7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I usually use DatOneGuy which I've been using most places for roughly 7 years, used it when coming up with something better than teleclast (one of my original mostly used nicks) since I wasn't playing ranged as much.

BlueLuigi was just a choice to change it up only for KAG really, nothing special

Auri and inactive_account like this.
  8. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

Tyngn is a play on my name

9. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I'm not entirely sure why I use the name 'Hella', all I really know is that I've used it since forever, on most things, except Minecraft and Youtube. I vaguely recall that the inspiration for it came from a character in a book. Probably. It is in no way related to the actual word 'hella', as, when I thought of it, I had not heard of it as a commonly used word.

It would have been hella awesome if I had. :3

Ozminer and Auri like this.
  10. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I got the name Kouji from my Japanese teacher in highschool. The kanji for it was 弘治. The meaning for this name is wide/expansive rule. 弘 stands for wide/expansive and 治 stands for rule. Anyways, I liked it and used it on most things online afterwards. Usually I have the number 112358 attached to the end of it like Kouji112358, but that's only if I can't get just Kouji by itself. I'm a math nerd and that's the reason I like that number (if you don't know what it stands for, you can google it or something).

BlueLuigi, Kingmit and Auri like this.
  11. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

12. Ej in polish means something like "hey you". So it's short and hipster deep.

Still cooler than everybody else :B):.

Hawxx, Piano, GloriousToast and 4 others like this.
  13. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Have (almost) the same first name as this man.... My (troll)dad started called me Segovia when I got older..... so when needed a internet alias... i switched the S with a Z so chances of the name being already taken would be low. The rest is history...

Auri likes this.
  14. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

I steal music.

Sir_Walter, Hawxx, Piano and 12 others like this.
  15. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

You, fool ! Stop to do this, or FBI gonna pick you while you are sleeping or playing at KAG !

BlueLuigi likes this.
  16. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Well I usually go by xxNarutoBleachFan360noscopexx6969 but I made a typo when registering for this site. So now I'm Contrary.

17. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Mason= irl name Mistel= made up name
    Mason+ mistel= masonmistel

18. OptimusLime

OptimusLime Shopkeep Stealer

I got the name OptimusLime because of bad puns I think of randomly.

Normally I go by "TeaSpork" though, it's cooler. Too bad I can't change my name :C

tlc2011 and Auri like this.
  19. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

It's a play on my middle name.
    Parents were hippies :D

Piano, FAITH, Auri and 2 others like this.
  20. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I needed a name for my first mmorpg; Tibia. Foxodi was from a random name generator there, and I've stuck to it for 8years now.

Vampire and Auri like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi