1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The "I'm new/leaving/back" Thread

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Monsteri, Aug 3, 2011.

Tags:
Mods: Gurin
  1. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

Now I never actually decided to /leave/, but after Sundered Kingdom fell apart I guess I kinda slumped since it was my only competitive outlet and I stopped actually playing for a month. I should hopefully start playing more KAG soon, maybe if I'm lucky I'll get into a game or two with the five-ish people who actually know me and that'll keep me going. Believe it or not, I think a full month is the longest I've stopped playing KAG in the two~ish years I've been playing.

2. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Would you take 2k in IKEA vouchers?

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Wb. :p Also, I think you'll be glad you came back. I have a special announcement I'll be posting this weekend... :teabag:
    ----
    Apron: I do, but to confirm the payment I'll also need all your bank details (including your PIN, DoB, library card, driver's ID, passport, and house key).
    Yes, if they were electroplated with zinc first.

4. Here it is, my most personal piece of information. *Hands over library card*

5. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

Oh really? Well I've never known you to speak lies FBB, so this better not disappoint :wink:

6. Well this is getting good comrades! I hope to see you in battle too FBB. To rek or to be rekt that is the question.

7. @Shadowofgold Welcome back, I know, CSK was the best for me too, but like you already saw, good things are coming c: You choose a good time to be back.

8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Hi! I'm Potatobird. I've been around in game, and now I'm on the forums!
    You may have seen me complaining about people who complain or tackling knights as an archer.

I'm pretty much addicted to this game, it's too gosh darn fun... Nice to meet you all!
    :chicken:

9. Excellent to see someone with good grammar.
    Welcome to the Forums!

10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Hard Drive died, will be inactive. Maybe online in some weekends though.

11. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Good riddance

....and I'm kidding, no matter how much shit I give you Maz, you're not a bad person. Get a new hard drive fast.

12. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Yo Potato, I've seen you ingame quite a bit. Welcome to the forums, and if you need anything, ask FBB.

13. Be back soon.

14. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

We'll miss you :QQ:

15. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

sad day

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

What are you talking about? This makes me sole dictator-for-life of YB! This is wonderful! :dance:

17. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

And at long last, FBB's demonic, power-hungry dark side rears its ugly head.

18. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

19. FrogOfWar

FrogOfWar Catapult Fodder

I just started playing this weekend, but I think I'm already done. I enjoy a lot of things about the game, but knights just make the game too stupid. Nothing you do matters if the other team has a really good knight. For example, I had built a very solid tower around my team's hall. It was too high to bomb jump, and it had an archer's nest overhang that you could shoot down from which doubly served to prevent archers/shield-wall-climbers from ascending it. What does the enemy knight do? Double bomb jumps. Why the hell is that possible? Knights are stupidly mobile, but the skill needed to play a knight that way is incredibly high. This game is incredibly knight-combat focused and un-noob-friendly. And so I'm done with it.

20. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

W-what!? Don't go, random guy!

Sounds sketchy and minecraft-y. If you were on the offensive you should have been fartjer up to keep them from being that close. Now, no one will disagree that being on the defensive is rather akin to teabagging a blender, but if he got past the tower on his own with just bombjumps your team had too few knights too many builders (if they're good you usally can't justify more than two, tops).

Yeah, this game is weird.
    At first you're all "I'll just suspend my disbelief high enough to hang my hat off of" but ten seconds later shit gets zanny enough that you have to fire that sucker out of a trampoline cannon to keep it from falling. It's quite charming once you're used to it.

*does a spit take*
    Play a bit more, read a couple guides on these forums, et cetera. They are actually all that hard to play, archers on the other hand...

No one's doubting that. :rollseyes:

You could have just walked away without coming here.
    Either you have a serious case of victim playing, or you want some one to talk you out of it. No sriously though, this is really throwing me off.

Edit: Fixed a two BBCode fails. ::P:

Afterthought: Try Capture the Flag. I'm really biased against Take the Halls and all that, but you might find it to be the more enjoyable gamemode.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
Mods: Gurin