1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Team Fortress 2: World's Best War-Based Hat Simulator

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Miauw62, May 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Yup, that game, where newbies have fun with their overpowerd weapons, and expirienced players take arms against eachother in competive matches, or just in their clan pubs. Slaughter people with a single ubercharge, or silently chainstab large amounts of enemies, or just sit back behind your sentry and let it do the work(not recommended). But always remember! The Hatt makes the Mann!

The mysterious, hated by many, loved by those who play it right, pyro,
    or is the slightly (or more) psychopathic soldier your favorite choice?
    What about the foul-mouthed-and-very-agile scout?
    And the obvious-texas-accent engineer, with his rudiciously huge-ass guns, ready to blow up anybody?
    The one-eyed irish demopanman, who can wield both explosive launchers and swords like its all he does in live?
    The still-mysterious-but-less-mysterious-then-the-pyro spy, from paris with love, ready to betray you the moment you turn your back?
    Or would you rather have the small-minded-but-heavy-muscled heavy weapons guy, who mows down whole armies like its nothing.
    Else, you could still be his best buddy, the medic, a class missed in many teams, but if he's good, he can lead you to victory!
    Or last, but (not) least, the sniper! hard to play good, but if you play it good, you can kill people just as easily as a heavvy!

Well, pretty straight forward, discuss (probably) everybody's favorite FPS, with its lovely cartoony graphics and hilarious characters!
    When do you think meet the pyro will be out? alongside hl2, episode 3? or in 2012?
    What do you think about the clues that there will soon be a new game-mode, centered around ROBOTS?
    What do you think about the PAN update, allowing your dearest frying pan to also be used by plenty of other classes?
    And hats. what hat do you have, why do you like it, and how much do you wear it?

EDIT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGIISxhYRYE
    This guy made 4 class tuts, pyro, spy, engie and scout. Pyro lacks airblast and all videos are very old. tough these are very good videos to learn.

2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Doesn't work on my craptop: it's currently decided that the Crappics Processing Unit is non-existant. :/

3. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

I enjoy it, not to play seriously and to be good, but to revel in the inanity of it all. It's fish left right and centre!

Ghozt likes this.
  4. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

If you play good, its even more fun :P
    afaik, there is only one guy that made class tut videos, and he made 4, pyro, spy, scout and engie. Oh, and those videos are acient (in tf2 timescale), they are from 2008, aka, no weapons except for default, most importantly: no airblast for pyro, tough the vids still work, i recommend them to any beginning player.
    Also, thats really too bad wonkyth, its a real fun game, sucks if you cant play it. You could always turn off as many graphic options as possible and turn up processor priority. (or did your graphics card just break?)
    Linky

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It was fun to fuck around with but gets worse all the time :(

I played on test servers and killed heavies as a medic solo, and I'm not even good, never was.
    >_<;

Any good servers to play on?

6. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Aww i miss TF2 ,
    Engineers- i like to troll enemies by building teleporter behind their base And teleport my allies Lol :)
    And The Eureka Effect the best to troll enemies when they're goin to kill you :DD
    Spy- TO TROLL THEM With Dead Ringer lol.
    Sniper- just bow'em off
    Scout- double jump and run fast
    and more... i'm tired of typing this time :D

BlueLuigi likes this.
  7. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I know all classes powers very well :P
    Well, the aerolite gaming servers are the servers i play on.
    And if youre not going to play with me, you can always just press play now and put something in random, it nearly always drops you in a good server.

8. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

I kind of sucked at this game.
    The first few months I sucked because I was learning how to move through the map. I would move towards my base when trying to get to the enemy's, I remember this one map in particular had a hidden entrance that always took me a while to find.
    The remainder of my time was showing up unfortunately just in time for a large push, having a finger seizure and spamming grenades like a maniac, then dying and having some asshole taunt over my gibbs.

9. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

I play sometime that game. Also, i'm pretty bad and I got rapidly bored. TF2 still an amazing game.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  10. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

Why is the game so expensive? :/

11. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Its f2p...
    (and i know you can buy stuff from the store, and you cant trade unless you buy anything, once, from the store, but i once gave a friend a scottish resistance and somehow he got 3 stranges out of it.)

12. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

I have devoted way too much of my life to this game, (998 hours and counting). As for those tutorials I would not us them as they were made for cavemen, Aces gamer would be your most sensible choice, but if you need some specific advice I have strategies for every class on most maps so feel free to ask.

The game is expensive if you want to get into trading, one earbuds or "buds" (a stable currency with which to trade for unusual hats) is worth roughly $62.50 in relation to the number of keys they are worth. And hats costing 5 buds are not uncommon. Also, the VERY expensive tf2 items can cost up to 25 or so buds.

I am a career scout, soldier, engie, demoman/knight, although I can play any class effectively. I do not play in "competitive" games because if I wanted to play like that I would play counter-strike or day of defeat. I prefer 24 player servers because they have the feeling of "true" tf2 gameplay while not being overly spammy. I do play the custom game mode super zombie fortress, but other than that I stick to standard tf2 gameplay. The only custom map I get an instant hard on for whenever I see it is Wacky Races.

My favorite maps are Dustbowl, Doublecross, Upward, Thundermountain, Hightower, and Frontier_final. I HATE BOTS, I repeat, I HATE BOTS. Just a little about me, also if you see me in tf2 my username is the same, except with a space instead of the underscore.

Ghozt and BlueLuigi like this.
  13. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Wow, huge wall of text, i recommend paragraps
    I know the tutorials are very old, but you cant say that they arent usefull, i learned nearly all my pyro and scout knowledge there, and many people would certainly say that i'm a great pyro.
    Also, i know that trading can get very expensive, but you can perfectly do without, HATS ARE JUST COSMETIC, and all weapons are worth 1 scrap (unless they were released in the last update and therefore new, but the price drops quickly)
    And buds are the highest currency in trading, you can trade for many hats by just saving a bit, or alot.

I miss one thing in your description tough, what server do you play on? roaming servers is not half as fun as just staying on one server and making friends there.

14. Mister_Meatball

Paragraphs as requested, but I do roam servers, 24 players usually close to being full. The only 32 server I even think of playing on is Ace Fortress 2, run by the guy I mentioned above, the only reason i choose to suffer through a 32 player cluster**** is to play with some good, challenging players. I also play on a 24/7 doublecross server and anything with Upward or Hightower in the mapfield.

I was once part of a {COW} sever but I honestly don't know what happened to it. If you want to see something faster than the speed of light watch me switch servers when somebody messages me that they're playing wacky races. Other than Ace Fortress, 24/7 Doublecross, and the SLAG gaming super zombie fortress (custom gamemode that tries to bring left4dead into t2, zombies always win.) I don't play many servers regularly.

I don't have a community atm but I am kind of building a list of reputable servers with good, mature communities, If you know of any servers feel free to post them.

15. bruthsaw

bruthsaw Shopkeep Stealer

I play on the SLAG random game mode server. And I can play every class effectively.
    Been playing it for the past 3 weeks after 2 years of not being able to play it.
    The only changes are the abundance of hats and the Workshop.

16. kojot

kojot Catapult Fodder

17. Mister_Meatball

Played it for a while, but getting a rocket jumper-sandvich-wrap bat heavy made me rage and never went back :>:(: , still might be fun if I get reasonable weps.

18. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I THINK that you are talking about RANDOMIZER, not weaponizer, my friend!
    Randomizer is shittons of fun too.
    Being a scout with a rocket launcher is the most fun you can ever have.
    They should make a new gamemode for randomizer. "capture the fishcake" :D

Anyway, i just had a great game with some of the community members (wich are nearly all admins, lol, thats how tiny our community is, but the admins arent dicks) and had another great time. But suddenly, engiefest. cue me semi-ragequitting. (or quitting to prevent ragequitting)

19. Mister_Meatball

My bad, heck I'll try it out if the server's ping isn't too bad.

20. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Its only one server?
    I think there's plenty of randomizer servers.
    i have on in my fav list that has just koth.
    Btw, ever played versus saxton hale?

Mods: BlueLuigi