1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

So... will this Game get Boring too Quickly?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J-man2003, Aug 30, 2015.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I was talking to a Steam friend about TR, after playing the demo he gave his honest opinion and I'll sum up what he said:

"The game doesn't have enough base content and thus limits the amount of possiblities that can happen within the game and makes it get boring quickly"

After hearing this I am genuinely worried about TR and it's future, if I could I would like to hear if there are plans for way more than what's being planned at the moment.

@Geti

Darknighte9 likes this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Note #1, that everyone on this forum could perhaps consider - tagging me does little more than make me slightly more annoyed while reading your post. I read the forums, I don't need the extra notification.

"Planned" or "currently available"? We've talked about plans on the blog and honestly, I think there's more than enough content to give the average player their money's worth.
    Did you talk with your friend about the lobby content, team modes, new class, more maps, persistent money, unlockable skins, novel matchmaking, etc? There's a LOT more in the works than just what's in the offline, months old demo. Most gamers might have borderline ADHD, but we've managed to play multiple hours of TR online testing just skirmish without getting bored - campaign adds a completely new dynamic of team interactions and bigger maps, and the 3 tiers of lobby ensure that you're matched mostly with players of similar skill level.

tl;dr I'm not worried - but even if it flopped 100%, I've got plans beyond just TR. We're not about to expand the scope even further on something that was meant to be a minor project.

3. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Yes I showed my friend the blog, and he persisted with his argument during the conversation. Don't get me wrong I have high hopes for Trench Run, I just would like to know if it will have a good amount of replay-ability.

And I'll make sure to not tag you again.

EDIT: Fixed my delirious grammar

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Geti likes this.
  4. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

i dint buy TR yet, but i can say even playing just the offline demo with another 3 friends, this game is veeery fun. I even have found myself playing with the bots just for the fun possibilities the physics and the classes give.
    I just hope that THD dont cut out half the content either implemented or planned as happened with KAG

5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

The concept of this game is "easy to learn, hard to master". Adding more content would be way more hardcore.
    Mods.

TR is already really fun, I already tried it up on multiplayer with a couple others (and I was the best sniper camper, whatever). For a game that is not even released, it's really good. There's even more to come, and the modding potential is even more interesting than in KAG.

Sytoplasma and J-man2003 like this.
  6. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

KAG 2 confirmed !

Chrispin and J-man2003 like this.
  7. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

The hype is real

8. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

@bru-jaz and @AsuMagic you are both right the game currently is very fun, but I imagine it might lose some of it's charm the more a person plays, though I guess the same could be said for any game, it might happen quicker with TR simply because of it's simplicity, I, myself have pre-ordered the game, I have very high hopes for it but still worry for what it will become.

9. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

That could apply with everything in life :P .
    I think there's 3 big types of variety in games: -Variety of small or medium features (like weapons, objetcts, vehicles, classes, etc) -Variety in mechanics or how the gameplay works (the amount of content the engine lets you change in-game. i.e. building,destroying terrain, choping players into gibs, ragdoll, physics) -And maybe most important: variety of situation (what the player does with all of the previous ones. The "spontaneity factor" if you want) . *and a 4th could be different goals of different gamemodes, maybe.*
    And i think TR and KAG even if they dont have a LOT of features, the fact of playing multiplayer and have the ability to alter the game envirorment gives these game that fluid gampelay we all love and give us the reason to come back to play them over and over. Every play is potentially different from each other. Smetimes hilarious and surrealistic.
    I dont know. These are kinda my two cents about it.

toothgrinderx and J-man2003 like this.
  10. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

Kag 2 sounds like half life 3 tbh

11. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

That could mean anything. maybe he was just talking about replacing the light bulbs of the bathroom :rekt:

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

@Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri @Gerri

Also, J-man, it sounds like your friend just hasn't been playing with the right people. I believe my siblings and I recently broken triple-figures with that old demo, just playing locally and making the losers of a round "Get down and gimme 20!". Honestly, it's almost akin to playing leiro back in the day; only this time with twice as many people. Shared triumph and despair from suffering (and/or inflicting, heh) the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune makes for a sweet, sweet experience. ::D:

13. @Mazey told me Geti would do it so if he doesn't Mazey is a dirty liar and you should all target your blame for no kag2 on him.

J-man2003 likes this.
  14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

can confirm mm told me they release KAG 2 3D after TrenchRun 2: The Movie 3 part 1

15. Lee_Shioon

Lee_Shioon NinjaBrian in disguise Donator
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I swear that's how I literally read what you said, Geti.

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hat Run
    Trench Hat
    Hat Hat
    Put on your Hat.

17. Breaking News: Geti joins local scrub clan [HAT]

J-man2003 likes this.
  18. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

yeah, those [HAT] guys and scrubs. thank god im in [hat]

19. You wish you were capitalized.

J-man2003 and Dargona1018 like this.
  20. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

tr is fun once you get a nice match going, but I'll be honest, I dont know if tr will be as replayable as kag is for me. either way, im sure tr will do fine when it is released.

Mods: 101i, Mazey