1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Siege, Rush, what ever you want to call it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amgtree, Jul 24, 2013.

1. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I'm just moving this discussion in a better place. This might not be the best place but it is better

Ok I can see how attacking might be hard with the attackers have tickets, but with the decent amount of them and siege weapons the defending team might have trouble.

Original thread here
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/build-827.15105/#post-228260

(I realize that there is a gamemode section so can this be moved to the appropriate sub-forum)

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Why did you make new thread? You should have asked first if to make it for this purpose.

3. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Lets say blue base is 50 tiles from red base, now lets say that red comes over to blue base with a catapult and a bunch of knights, if they can destroy blue with just that catapult and knights then red will flood in and take control of the hall. But lets say that red loses their cata and the knights get defeated, the red peeps have to spend a good 15-25 seconds hauling ass back to the blue base, and another minute or so for another catapult to get out, and in that time blue can easily rebuild most of their base. In most cases it is harder to attack

4. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

That just doesn't happen in kag. A team rebuilding. With adjusted spawn time this would balance it. Also tunnels, dorm/barracks would allow the attacking team to move up. And I'm pretty sure with adjusted tactics attacking would be easier

5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

You are already writing as if you played it and know ins and outs of it, it's too early to speculate like this, to my knowledge it would be better to create custom gamemode as a mod then release it on forum because you have to test something like this with large amount of players.

Also answer to what you written down in quote, catapults, kegs, ballistas with explosive bolts easily level down any walls or towers, not to mention you could attack and have players with drills in their inventories, as in this mode to be effective whole team will have to attack.

Obviously attackers have advantage in terms of siege capabilities, ballistas serving as spawn and war boats too, defending team should only have items meant for defence in their tech tree but there isn't as many defensive items unfortunately to be used.

War boats and Ballistas are easily meant to help you besiege the castle so as an attacker you will not have to haul your butt all the way from the start, your job as a defender would be to keep the attackers at bay until time runs out, I believe this mode would allow for quick and long games, amount of resources and map type will decide about that.

6. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

What about multi stage games where you push the enemy back base by base reseting the tickets.

The only problem is my coding skill are so bad i don't have any

7. eamono

eamono Arsonist

The fact that the team won't rebuild is what gives attackers a disadvantage, at first it's a giant mass of army, but once you break that up it's a slow trickle of knights with the occasional seige weapon or laddering builder

and I'm just assuming that the seige gamemode would be CTH on a timer, if red team captures all halls red win, if timer runs out blue wins, and in that case the attackers far away spawnpoint would put them at a disadvantage, but I don't know what kind of extra spawn point barracks n' stuff you want to add, so take my opinion with a grain of salt
    </br>--- merged: Jul 24, 2013 10:29 PM ---</br>

so payload from TF2? I like it

EDIT: wait why not just make a payload mod? builders lay down tracks for the cart to go on and having team-mates in the vicinity of the cart would move it along, but this may be one of those things that sound great in my head but are actually complete shit

8. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I liike the payload idea, but my idea is it would be like this http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Rush(I know it is a fps but the game mode might work here) Just think of the mcoms as bases

9. eamono

eamono Arsonist

oooo i remember something like this from bad company 1, I know what your talking about, payload without the cart. That sounds cool too

10. JTG

JTG Bison Rider Tester

I hate tickets, whats wrong with the losing team losing when they have no halls?

You just reward camping, and avoiding extreme aggression with the existence of tickets.

11. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

What I was thinking that this could easily be balanced if the defenders had less players. The defending team would get 3 minutes with unlimited supplies, and when the game starts, no tickets for either team, and the attackers must take the castle ( I was thinking a hall) within a time limit. The thing is the defenders could be set to have [x] less players. If this shit doesn't make sense, I woke up 10 minutes ago, so I have an excuse.

12. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

If you think the attacking team will camp. We would have to see how the tickets play out. I don't think they will with the satisfaction of using siege, and kegs.

13. eamono

eamono Arsonist

My idea for an attack/defend gamemode:

Instead of halls each team has a "main base" on each side of the map, it starts out with just a barracks, kitchen, and a research place. You can upgrade it to allow it to produce items (like a factory), each upgrade lets it produce 1 more item, with and upper limit of how many upgrade you can do. Throuout the map there will be 5 "checkpoints", blue starts with all of them and they serve as a spawnpoint and you can use them to teleport back to the main base. After build time a giant ballista will spawn outside of red base, it will be 4X4 in size and will have 4 times the health of a regular ballista.

Red will have 5-10 minutes to drive the ballista past the first checkpoint, once they do that an additional 3-5 minutes is added to reach the next one. Red can choose to use the ballista as a weapon, which will spawn 10 bolts every 60 seconds and will have bomb-bolts by default, but you cannot move the ballista while shooting, and must wait 5-10 seconds after your done shooting to move it again, if the ballista is destroyed it will respawn a checkpoint in 10-15 seconds.

Good idea? or should i add this to the list of ideas that definetly sounded better in my head