1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Setting Map's Spawn Point for Multiplayer Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ockpii, May 5, 2012.

1. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Hello, everyone! I had a question I'd like to ask you guys. I was trying to test out the "hacked" Multiplayer Zombies mode and I went into the single-player mode and saved 4 randomly generated maps.

Now, when my friend hosted them, the spawn was right at the top of the map, and there seems to be no utility on the Editor to set a spawn point. Can anyone help me with that?

The 4 maps are below, on the attachments, if you'd like to check it out.

Thank you for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

You have to mess with configuration files to set a zombie spawn. (or human, in zombie gamemode)
    You can use "Paint.net" or "gimp" or "photoshop" to place red/blue tents.
    This should be in help section, yes?

ockpii likes this.
  3. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Ah, yes, the Help section, you're right.
    I have to ask - why is that needed? Is there a way to set an invisible spawn (like the one there is on Solo games)? Do the Zombies spawn on the edges on their own?

4. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

To do that....i am clueless. i "think" there is something in the zombie maps that is like

spawn 1,1,2,2,
    runner,runner,zombie,zombie

or something of the sorts. i think this is how, but i will have to mess with it to figure out ;)

5. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Sorry to be bumping this, but I do need to know. Will it work now that MPZombies are out to save new Zombie maps from the editor and host them?

Froghead48 likes this.