1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Sandbox+

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by Tyngn, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

+ Bots (2 on blue and 3 on red)
    + Archer
    + Knight
    +Unlimited Ammo
    +Flags
    Everything else is still Sandbox, you can freeze your bots using F3 if they bother you and F2 to unfreeze. Unlimited life.
    To install just add the Base Folder into your Kag Directory
    To add a different map other then the generated one open Base/Maps/sandbox.gm and add the map in the LoadMap("Map");

(This is my first modding so i hope you can tell me if i did anything wrong e.t.c)

EDIT:Added Health to the second one and removed friendly fire on both cause its a pain

EDIT: Gold Edition Released

EDIT: New build with wood blocks and water :) Updated to add those to the Gold edition
    Got rid of the other versions because i thought they sucked and replaced it using the default ctf_lake.

Attached Files:

2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

I tried and it's not bad but the life is infinite so it's impossible to kill enemies..

Noburu likes this.
  3. Tyngn

Made a second one with health but it will become more of a pain if you just want to freeze your bot and build (because you talk fall damage) Updated First Post

4. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

5. souldown

souldown Shipwright

Hi, I couldnt quite see it in the guidlines, I was just wondering how i implliment the mods? This one has a 'base' folder, with sub folders and files, do i place the additional files in there, overwriting the duplicates? How do i get it to run after this?

Thanks

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Dump base folder to overwrite your current base folder, all will fall into place

7. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Aside from the annoying NPCs, this is what Sandbox SHOULD be. I just spent like 3 hours just messing with the red bots. Hahahaha. Trapping them in a stone box and then building a giant spike pit right in front of their spawn point.

dandyking7179 likes this.
  8. Delta

Delta Shopkeep Stealer

Do you really think this is good for your server?
    Whenever I enable unlimited ammo, people are gonna troll with bombs till everyone leaves.
    Because as soon as you build something someone else blows it up in no time.

9. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

This isn't for a server, it's to enhance single player sandbox mode.

Noburu likes this.
  10. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I also tried making something like this,but how do you even put bots in it? :(
    Only part where i failed at.

11. Tyngn

To add bots you use the command addBot() inside the dedicated_autostart.gm but for sandbox and singleplayer games it is Base/maps/something.gm where something is the gamemode.

Im not sure why but all the examples ise addBot("Scripts/bot.cfg") but i leave the parameters because maybe in a newer update it might do something. (If you look at the scripts folder there is no bot.cfg)

If I'm wrong, tell me :P but it think it's correct

12. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Meh,at first time i thought it was the Enablebots= yes/no but then i looked at the scripts from Swordfight and saw it was 'no' there anyway thanks.

13. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

Me gusta, downloading now.

14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Dunno if it'll work with the newest update, Templar. Let me know if it does.

15. Templar_Frost

Naw, just tried it, it doesn't :(

16. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Updated it so it works with this version (nothing really seems to have changed in script though.)
    Tried it and it works, only problem is the first time it ran it checked the files and downloaded default ones.
    After that i replaced it again and it worked.

17. Templar_Frost

for real?

18. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Yeah, nothing in the script is changed.
    As i said only annoying thing is that it replaces files to default from time to time so you have to make a backup in case it does.

19. BlitZWTF

BlitZWTF Shopkeep Stealer

Can't seem to get it to work, even replacing the files after loading up doesn't seem to work :(

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out i had two seperate installs of KAG, one in C:/ which i don't use for games, and one in D:/
    Now i wonder how i managed that.

20. Tyngn

Wow, It's been so long, it looks like it's time to revamp it!
    I release to you my fellow KAG lovers, Sandbox+... GOLD EDITION!
    Yes now you can have all your fun GOLD features in your sandbox!
    So for the Gold edition
    + Everything the old one has
    + Kegs :)
    + Shops
    + Uses Zombie Maps
    Ermmm and all that standard KAG things, too tired atm to remember.

The SANDBOX+GOLD2 does no use the zombies map which I personally perfer

Here's the catch, you need gold (obviously) and how this works is that you move everything into your base folder like last time but this time i cannot replace the original sandbox files to add these things so I created a little script to replace the one essential file whenever you want to switch out the original Zombie Fortress with Sandbox, no replacing the actual folder or renaming them (except one) so your files are pretty much safe. The script is called Sandbox+.bat and can be found in the base folder. (make a shortcut for ease)

Oh and for the free version.. nothing new to add really.. but I added Lance and renamed the characters.
    That one is named Sandbox+

Attached Files:

Gofio, Yess and Rayne like this.