1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Remove the option to swap teams

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by skelozero, Mar 30, 2014.

?

do you think this is a good idea?

1. yes this will make KAG %999999999999999 better

41.7%
  2. no this sucks go away just get off the fourms -_-

70.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. skelozero

skelozero Catapult Fodder

Team swap is the only bad thing about this game currently and it completely ruins peoples fun. The only use for it is on a server like Aphelions roleplay server other wise the only other thing people use it for is switching to the winning team wich then means that someone on the winning team (usualy me) then get team balanced to the losing team ruining the rest of that round for them. I fall victim to this reguarly and is the reason i have lost 90-95% of my games, many other people probaly have fallin victim to this aswell so this means to give every one a bettter game this should be removed by deafult but server owners can turn it back on if they want.

2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Here's what I think:
    On one hand, it's really annoying when people switch teams when they're losing.

On the other hand, any time during the match, I like to switch teams to the team that my friends are on, whether it's winning or losing.

Also, If I'm playing solo, I'll sometimes switch to the losing team as a challenge to see if I can't turn the game around.

Aeroblitzer likes this.
  3. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Wait... are you also saying auto balance is bad? What is this thread...

It doesn't matter if you lose a lot of games because you get auto balanced, kag has no stats tracking...

Guitarman likes this.
  4. Atheraal

Atheraal Base Burner

What matters is whether people are having fun. It's not fun to build a bunch of stuff for your team, then get autoswitched away because some failure on the losing team decided to unbalance it even more instead of trying to help make a comeback. Nor is it fun to watch your team dwindle at the first sign of starting to lose, as the other team just gets stronger.

I'm completely in favor of disabling manual teamswitching for people on the currently losing team.

bobotype likes this.
  5. bout

bout Shark Slayer

I always stay loyal to my color, I only switch to my friends (if they are on the same server ofc) before the Mighty Red Wall fades.

Frederikam likes this.
  6. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

Are we tracking "losing" by players on that team, or by points, or by captured Halls and Flags, or by TDM frags?

7. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

all of them above.
    IMO, being able to change teams is something that should be there, I really like playing with my friends more than strangers. Its not the feature that sometimes doesn't work its the people who abuse it.
    maybe stopping people from changing teams after build time? (besides balancing)

8. bobotype

bobotype Catapult Fodder

I do quite like this idea, because it allows you to get on a team with your friends still in arranged games.
    So what is it? Can't join the winning team, or can't switch after build time? What do we want?

Also my humble suggestion would be to make Builders the lowest priority class for team swapping, and make the system weight them so they are less likely to get swapped unless they just joined recently-- Knights and Archers do their thing no matter what, but a lot of effort goes into Builders' superconstructions and it's understandable they would get attached to them.

9. 101i

Builders only swap if they die, so that idea is not as efficient as it sounds.

10. Frederikam

Frederikam Drill Rusher

Team-swapping is a big problem; but I don't think completely disabling it will do any good. I voted yes to underline this problem, but not because I think this is a good suggestion.

11. 101i

That was my point.

12. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Then more people will just quit the game instead.

Mods: Rainbows