1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Problem saving map in .kag format

Discussion in 'General Help' started by JacKD, Jun 11, 2012.

1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm hosting a server to create a map, but after I save it and load it again, my character spawns from the top of the map with the console saying "no spawn point found for runner 0"

How can I solve this?

2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I actually get the same problem, gotta get geti to fix it probably.

3. JacKD

Guess I'm back to png for the contest then :\
    </br>--- merged: Jun 11, 2012 1:11 AM ---</br>
    I found a workaround:

Replace Zombie survival with your "editor" gamemode (I use FullCTF for now) and edit in single player mode. After saving, the map works as expected in single and multi player.

Rayne likes this.
  4. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Make sure to have no warmup resources at the server you save your map on. Resources are also saved.

JacKD likes this.
  5. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Are they saved now? interesting.

i usually use in-game editor to make maps, then save it and put the tents in using paint ^.^

6. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

I use 100% .png :3

7. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

but i like in-game editor (EGE) becuase you get to see what your map looks like first hand, and most of my maps are unique, becuase i have a unique server.... :3

8. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

:3 Great

9. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

There are mulitple things you can't do with png that you can do with .kag, water or resources for example, probably even the way grass is cut. :D

10. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

:3 But I don't mingle with that stuff... yet

11. JacKD

I noticed that, I just waited until everything dissapeared... having limited units didn't help either xD But I'll modify the game mode later.

I start with png maps in GIMP, but the extra care you can give to the map using the in-game editor is nice. Different levels of grass, and damaged structures are the main advantage IMHO.

Anyways this got offtopic xD Hope this get fixed soon so we don't have to replace zombie survival.