1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Minecaft Texture Pack...

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Ijwu, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ijwu

Ijwu Shipwright

... because we all knew it was going to happen.

I'm fairly new to KAG, and pixel art for that matter, and so when I found out that texture packs were possible in this game I simply -had- to take a shot at it. With KAG's simple graphics it was a good place to start practicing.

This leads me to present you with my Minecraft texture pack.

The blocks brought in from Minecraft are as follows:

• Gravel - Replaces a natural stone block. Edit: After reviewing the colors used on gravel, it uses the Stone color palette. I'm going to keep it this way due to it being darker and easier to see now.
    • Stone - Replaces Castle Walls.
    • Cobblestone - Replaces a natural stone block.
    • Trees - Re-done to feel more... blockish.
    • Dirt and Grass - Re-done to look like the Dirt and Grass in MC.
    • Grasses - Re-colored, changed two grass tiles to the yellow flower and red flower in MC.
    • Wood - Re-colored all things wood to have the MC color palette.
    • Stone - Re-colored all things stone to have the MC color palette.
    • Signs - Re-done to look like MC signs.
    • Heart Drops - Given more luster and shine, like the MC Life Bar hearts.
    • Bedrock - Re-done to resemble MC bedrock. Much darker now, without the green stuff/moss.
    There are some things that have notbeen changed. These are the Gold bullion blocks, and the naturally occurring gold blocks. These are unchanged because I like the way they look now. Also, no actual models of the characters have been changed. I don't feel ready enough to tackle player models. All of the things that have no place in MC have been unchanged.

Note: If somebody would like to tackle player models and make them into the default Minecraft player, then I feel that'd be great. (Yes, all three classes.) I know I'll try to make a change to them eventually. I plan on the knight having an iron or so sword, and right clicking causes him to block, as was released in the adventure update. The archer has an MC bow, and the builder just runs around with a pickaxe.

Example screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the readme file, in case you have any questions or problems installing.

Code:
    To install the texture pack, follow these directions:
    1.) Go to the directory that KAG is installed in. This is most likely C:\KAG
    2.) Now go to the Base folder found in the KAG directory.
    3.) Next, go into the Sprites folder found within the Base folder.
    4.) Now all that you need to do is move the Resprites.rar file into the Sprites folder and right click on Resprites.rar. After right clicking it, click on "Extract here."
    **Warning: Before I tell you to overwrite your old sprites, you should keep a backup copy of the originals, incase you want to switch back! Do this by making a copy of the Sprites folder and keeping it in a safe place on your Computer. Just place the Backup Sprites folder into the Base folder and overwrite all when you wish to revert.
    5.) You will be asked if you would like to overwrite, click on "Yes to all" or check "Do this for all conflicts" and click "Yes."
    6.) All done. Now just play KAG normally and the new sprites should appear.. If you want to save yourself 20 kb of HDD (or SSD if you have the money.) space, then just delete the Resprites.rar file.
    7.) If you have any problems with the file, then please just inform me on my thread. (Most likely where you got the resprites from.)
    Edit: More and more people are looking at this thread, but I'm getting no feedback. I'd really like your opinions on the pack, whether you use it or not. If you're currently using it and are going to report later, then please leave a placeholder post with your initial opinions.

Attached Files:

2. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

I honestly don't see how this is a "Minecraft texture pack" the textures aren't the same.

Pesinario likes this.
  3. Ijwu

Ijwu Shipwright

Compressing 64x64 Minecraft block textures into 8x8 KAG textures isn't too easy for a beginning pixel artist. I did my best, and, frankly, I believe they look very similar to the minecraft blocks.

You are looking at the blocks, right?

MechaTrickster likes this.
  4. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

I didn't really get much of a minecrafty feel from it either.
    Did you use entirely different colors? I guess it could just be the KAG background and player sprites, but to me that doesn't look like the minecraft color pallete.
    Also, I think minecraft is only 16x16, but that's not really the point.

5. Ijwu

Ijwu Shipwright

I did use the Minecraft colors. They're directly from the Minecraft blocks. It's probably the background and the player sprites. Only half of this game is based on blocks. All of Minecraft is. It would explain the different feel. If you compare the blocks in the sprite pack to pictures of the Minecraft blocks, though, you might feel different.

6. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

If you're planning player skins, you could make the builder a Steve(default skin) with his bare hands.
    Blue team: blue shirt, red team: red shirt
    For the knight a steve with armor and so on.

Btw, I like it. Using it right now.

7. Ijwu

Ijwu Shipwright

Thanks for the compliment. I had no idea the default skin was named Steve. o_0. Anyhow, I'm going to try and sprite Steve into KAG tomorrow, probably. I don't do much anatomy, and there's a good reason for that too.

8. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

2D Minecraft! Such a ripoff!

Make Minecraft backgrounds and sprites, and it'll feel more minecraftish. Overall it's quite nice, tho :)

Castle stone could use a bit more contrast.

9. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Love it! But what about gold? :3

10. Danhup

Danhup Shopkeep Stealer

it's really good one thing though i think that the wall backing and the rock look a little to similar, and the ladders look kind of odd

11. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

To be honest, but not trolling or anything, why would someone want Minecraft texture pack? Minecraft is really ugly in my opinion as it uses "programmer textures" which act like place holders for artist who is supposed to make real textures. I can't play Minecraft without having well made custom texture pack.

12. Looks cool
    *Presses download button regrettedly*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.