1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG's Dying Competitive Scene

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShamWow-SuperRag, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I specify that I do not want to be offensive. But I find it a bit rude to you, because my clan has 18 members including many inactive and your 22.

I am indeed not agree.
    133 ping for me does not change much just 0.5 to 1 second delay.
    Your members complain about 0.5 second delay?
    this is ridiculous, imagine a EU-AUS match on a server in the US West Coast. 200-233 This is about 2 seconds of delay. In this case you can complain lag and I will understand that you do not accept this, despite the enemy team have the same ping.
    But here we are talking about 0.5 second delay! In addition to the rules of MLK say "a match on a EU server, a match on a US server" so your members will have the advantage of ping on a server, where is the problem?

If a EU team beat you, his will not be the fault of the lag! NOT just this European team is more stronger than your clan. Try to fight against a small European clan to start. IF you win I think you and your members will change your mind a little bit..

2. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

I can sponsor 5 keys of the top tier game "mountain"

Darknighte9 and Snake19 like this.
  3. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

If you have no idea of "Gift" I'm sure that a server for a clan for about three months would be a nice gift.
    I can provide the money for if you find that it is a good idea?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 12, 2015 ---
    I am willing to take care of everything you said except math haha :p
    but I do not want to take care of matches as I did during the KWC.
    I had to be always behind them and remind them to play their games.
    It was pretty annoying.
    I prefer to let them do their match as they wish as the MLK.

4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

@Snake19 I know you want to be the best clan in the game and all, but it's pretty much impossible at this point in time. Kag lacks any popularity for it to be played at tournaments. And if you really want to have a test of skill everyone would need to be using the same computers, internet, etc. Not everyone has a high quality computer like you (I'm assuming your computer runs kag smoothly). Nova will only play this game if they're having fun. I'm not going to play against an eu clan because not only is it not fun, but lag comes down to luck and a tiny bit of skill. I've seen US players that have shit lag and have long range slashes, I dont want to imagine what EU lag would be like. How can that be fun for anyone? If you want to fight us that bad why don't you move over here? ;P

PS: I made Nova a social and competitive mix. We have a lot of members that like to stay just so they can play with us while chatting. We've got a lot of good competitive players, but we're also planning on doing scrimmages inside our own clan. It's not a matter of Clan vs Clan at this point. It's a matter of Top tier players vs Top tier players. If you wanted real clan vs clan people should keep their clans to 6 or 7 people max. Anyone could be the best clan if they steal all the best players. Zen, frisson, and AG# literally made competitive close to impossible by taking all the good players. Nova's not looking for fighting clans constantly because we don't care. Nova is a culture, it's a family, get your ego out of the way and realize this is just a game!

If you really want competitve:
    Shrink down your clan size
    Balance clans to have average to good players
    Get kag to become more popular

5. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I think the ELO system will work better than traditional MLK style. Then once things get rolling with the ELO would could set up bracket tournies with separate us and eu brackets. Then the winner from each bracket would fight. Also, i feel like there are too few clans for the amount of comp players. Clans with 12+ are unnessesary for the most part. Some people could easily leave, give up their big clan e-penis and form a new clan. (Hats a good example of this and has very clearly become the greatest clan of all time)

kittycity and Potatobird like this.
  6. TheDirtySwine

I don't understand why there even has to be clan wars to begin with. Isn't that the problem? Ego and large e-penises? Why don't we make a list of top tier players / veterans that want to play against each other without having clans involved. They can do clan wars on the side. I'd love to play against other good players but I don't want to have to log in to a chat room and type shit to do it. We should have a private server and have teams randomized. So what if teams are unbalanced (as in player skill)? Do we really have anything to lose? The other problem with gather is its got different costs for items and has tickets. I want a clean vanilla version of kag to fight other players in.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  7. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Because kags a team based game. There could be a tournie where there are captains that draft players. But there arent enough people for that type of thing. Kag should do one of those free weekends on steam where it shows up in everybodies library. It would only be a weekend of badies so it wouldnt be too bad, and anyone that really liked it would buy it

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  8. TheDirtySwine

They would only do that if they really needed it and they should only do that if they fix some of the main player retention problems with the game.

As for kag being a team based game: I am fully aware that kag requires teamwork and all that crap, but what I'm trying to say is would you rather play against pubs or teams of top tier players? We could have a scheduled time that players show up and if there's not enough slots maybe full a second server? I still don't see why this would be a problem unless we had really shitty players joining or teams were too stacked. I'd rather lose to a stacked team than to play against pubs all the time

9. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Just make gather except without lots of pussy-promoting mods, and make it more accessible (would it be possible to implement it into the core game?).

AmestriStephen and TheDirtySwine like this.
  10. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

yes and I still do not understand why people hate us for it. In fact I love the competiton and I would love my clan become the best.

I have already proposed a clan wars 2 times has your clan :p
    and you refused because of this ping issue.

But as you want, The Ancient Gear officially challenge the Nova for a clan wars. ^^
    @Fuzzle @CapitanForceX

I think you don't really know us,
    a lot of people do not like us, but they never talk personally to my members who are very friendly.
    they just give an opinion of people we had a bad experience with one of our member and who blame the clan.

We have a social section too!
    We are a family too!

I'm not talking to you personnaly Swine, but I would like that people learn to know us before blame us.
    All is not on the forum!
    I'd like to launch a debate for people explain why they do not like us.
    @Juaro your clan is one who hate the most AG, can you explain what in private ?
    or here but I would not want to make a off topic here.

I would never do that because I love my members. ( i think it's the same for your clan if i propose the same?) By cons I intend to stopped at 20 members Social and competitive EU & US.
    Also, since you said that we have all the top EU players, here are some players, some very good players on the other have great potential!
    i have the same List for US players and i can send this list too, i made the two lists 1 month ago.
    [​IMG]
    I did everything in my power to make Kag more popular ! I created a French project for help the newcomers and other stuffs http://steamcommunity.com/groups/leprojetphenix#announcements/detail/234522998927917478- have already 62 players!
    (i advice you to translate the page)

I sometimes help some players and advice them on the steam page :
    [​IMG]

Do you really think I am not tired of doing everything to keep the game alive, and in return I heard that i'm hated ?

Hella, Galen, blackjoker77777 and 2 others like this.
  11. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

The purpose of a team game is to play with people with whom you form a team. The main problem effectively comes from clan's egos when they want to play to win, and not play just to play and have fun.

Btw I agree with the idea of a modified form of gather, maybe with dedicated servers and dedicated times of the day where people can connect and have a chance to find others instead of endlessly abusing IRC bullshit in hope to have enough to play. Also without the tickets and shit, just regular KAG. But that doesn't cut the need for a competitive scene based on clans for pushing the teamwork aspect a little more. If you don't like being in a clan, that's fine, no need to ruin the fun of others that do ;)

AND NOW, CAN WE FOCUS ON OUR COMPETITIVE ORGANIZATION OR WILL WE LET THIS THREAD DERAIL ONE MORE TIME?

12. Leo

Leo Haxor

I was never in clans thingie but I think that's the point. In pubs you play for fun, in clan wars you play to win.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 12, 2015 ---
    Btw, would you like me to make a server with white list enabled ? People that would like to be added must post, I'll make a topic about it, and I'll add them to the list. It's gonna be an "elite" server, even though I find this word a bit stupid ::D:

*I can create an EU and a server at West Coast for this.

13. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Just do a password and it will spread around through friends and stuff. It's easier than a whitelist ::P:

14. Leo

Leo Haxor

Password doesn't allow me to give access to players that we only want to have access

15. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

This man is so generous ! Thank you Leo :)

16. TheDirtySwine

Snake I don't have an issue with you or your people. Just respect the fact that we don't want to fight as long as there is issues with ping involved. You shouldn't be hated for wanting to be good, but don't expect people to like you when you steal a lot of good players and then complain when there aren't enough clans to face. The current cycle of clan wars is 1 stacked clan vs 1 average clan and they end up getting there asses kicked just so the stacked clan can tell everyone how good they are... I'm not as competitve with our clan and I'm fine with how large we are cuz everyone wants to take part in it. It's not about having to be the best or be perfect, it's about doing good while having fun and laughing our heads off at the same time

Snake19 likes this.
  17. Leo

Leo Haxor

Hmm... seems that whitelist doesn't work. Made a test and it let me in even though the white list was empty. Btw, the server failed to create the list and I had to manually make one.

*Nvm, you have to add a name in the list to actually start working.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  18. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Steal a lot of good people? What? People and clans can improve, complaining about "stacked" clans seems ridiculous to me. Just get gud. Trying to get good enough to defeat the strongest clans is part of what makes clan fighting fun. And just because people are striving to be the best doesn't mean they're doing it in order to brag. There's more to clan fighting than e-peen.

Tern, Snake19 and kittycity like this.
  19. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

That would be awesome, but please, please make it east coast. I know that the west coast BD server gets used the most, but I swear most of the US/Canada KAG players are east coast.

CowboyDan likes this.
  20. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Taking sword fighting to the next level man, I commend it.

On a serious note, clans shouldn't be completely about being the best(insert muscle flex). They should mainly be about enjoyment. How the pleasure comes along will vary from clan to clan. Some will get their thrills from clan battles, whilst others will enjoy just lazily chatting among themselves(BoW!). Improvement and being the 'best clan' is an effect of members playing together and having a good time.

Psiklaw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.