1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Kag Map site

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Rayne, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Here's a site Shadlington, myself, and a few other members of the community have been working on: www.kagstuff.com.

It allows for a better in depth look at each map, and we have planned for a way to give back to map makers in the future, so start using it!

If you have any other ideas to make the site better, please post them here.

Noburu, Boxpipe, Chinizz and 9 others like this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

You just posted this for likes didn't you? https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/kag-stuff.5449/

Anyways, the site does allows you to search specifically by game mode and by size.

Anyways, I'd suggest posting any new maps both here and there for now.

3. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I actually posted this here because Shadlington was complaining about the lack of feedback he's been getting, and he said he might advertise it more, so I did it for him.
    Deal with it.

Boxpipe and Nixito like this.
  4. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Amazing idea, with all that map, it's not easy to find the good one in forum.

5. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Sooooo... Any feedback from anyone?

GHOZT likes this.
  6. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Simple, clear and easy to use. The only thing this site need is texture pack and sprites but it's already planned.
    So, pretty good.

acridstone likes this.
  7. Shrimp

Shrimp Bison Rider

Great looking site and is relatively easy to use; an indispensable tool for server hosters

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I've been skeptical of uploading the hundreds of maps I have because they're not mine and I'm not sure how it will credit or if I can change credit later of the real 'makers' of the map.

I think I'll try and go through some that have very few maps though and add to them.

Also something I never thought about, but crosslinking or 'map packing' some maps might be something to look into, not really necessary at all and in fact adding it in early before people need it will probably scare them off, but something to consider down the line, I say this because of JackD's pack, which I assume 'JackDurden' there is JackD.

9. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Feedback on the site:
    add "alerts" (notifications) when someone comments on a map you made :)

Rayne likes this.
  10. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

There seems to be a bug with "pages" in a user profile. When I click the ">" or "2" just sends me to the first page. I've tested my user profile.

Ej and BlueLuigi like this.
  11. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

I have feedback, but it's a tad negative. I've worked with Drupal before and it was very confusing for me, keeping track of all the pages and whatnot. I'm sure there are more bugs than the one JacKD mentioned, because well, it's Drupal. I think it's meant for more quick-n-dirty websites for, say, a school project that requires a neat little website. I'm surprised as to how stable you guys got it, but that's why you're awesome :)

12. Shadlington

Site down until further notice.
    It got hacked and I don't have time to secure it right now :(

13. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

:(
    Also, you planning on adding Texture Packs/ Game Modes/ General Modding to it?

14. Shadlington

I do plan on it... Eventually. However, I had originally counted on a few people helping me out with building the site but that kinda fell through - I don't really have time by myself.

15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

well now this forum is like a wasteland because nearly everyone posted their maps and images on your dead site

no offense

Beef likes this.
  16. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Its down now, and Shadlington has told me he has no plans for continuing it.
    So I guess this should be un pinned.

(sorry for necropost)