1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Jumping Training Map [video inside]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bilbs, Sep 11, 2011.

1. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

Here's a technical jumping map I made with the in game editor.
    Running in sandbox mode on a local server.

The video isn't a single continuous run. I'll try and upload a speed run later.
    It's tough if you rush, but if you take it slow you should be able to figure each jump out.

And here's the map.
    [​IMG]

Post your fastest times!

EDIT: I've found a few places on the map where you can cheat and skip parts. Update comin.

illu, Utahraptor, Chosen and 4 others like this.
  2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I love that you're back bilbs. :) Awesome map. Video could be of better quality, (it's taken with camera?) but anyway it's good.

3. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Good god there must be a free version of fraps somewhere!

4. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

Phone resting on top of my external drive haha
    Fraps has always killed my framerate in the past. New RAM this week, I'll fraps a speed run.

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I love making jump and climb maps. I'm making one too. However it would be a lot bigger. I'm not sure I could jump about as fast as you can though hahah. Good job!

6. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

Post it up! Could be a good tool for clans.

7. Neat

Nowhere near finished yet, but I might video me doing some of it. It's sort of as hard as your one, but the earlier jumps aren't that hard, and then I ramped up the difficulty with some spike jumps.

8. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is excellent - really nice work!

9. Neat

Hey bilbs, wanna collaborate on a jump map?

10. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

11. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

I tried this out and it took horrible video while making my computer lag horribly.
    What settings do you use?

Yeah! Let's do it. How do you want to coordinate? Does HA have a mic chat server?

12. Neat

We don't have a mic chat server. We do have a server though. I've got skype if you want to chat over mic. If anyone else wants to help out, just ask.

13. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Free voice chat programs on net...Whit dedi servers.
    EDIT:we can try this http://getgsc.com/
    EDIT EDIT:This stuff is GREAT!You can make your own server for free and you have LOADS of other stuff,gaming only!

14. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

Wow nice job! xD

15. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

How can I use this map myself? Save the picture and load it somewhere in an ingame menu, or something?
    Edit: I got it, but now I can't move past a red boundary in the middle... As if it's a multiplayer server. What can I do to solve this?

16. Connor

Connor Shipwright

This is great. Mirror's Edge in KAG2D-- I love it, good job.

17. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

You have to run it in sandbox mode. I did this by running a local dedicated server and editing the dedicated_autostart script to say "Sandbox" instead of "CTF" in the gamemode field.

You also can't touch any blocks. If you build a structure (cata/tent) on floating stone it will EXPLODE!

On a different note...I'm working on my next jump map at the moment (hopefully with some help from Neat) and it will have checkpoints! Aka tents placed along the way, so you don't have to do it all over again.

18. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

you should do a falling challenge where you have to grind on the wall just the right way to survive at the end of the platforming.

19. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

Was thinking of a large falling portion for the end of the next map. Kind of like Counter-Strike surf maps if you've ever played them.

The more important part is finding a way to play these maps on non-sandbox mode. The problem with sandbox mode is that you don't take fall damage. You can still die from spikes at least though.

20. Neat

Can you go on #heavyartillery on irc so we can talk bilbs? We might be able to use the start of my map to create the whole thing.