1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is the KAG team still working on it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bru-jaz, Aug 14, 2014.

1. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

It's just a doubt i have. please don't over react. Id just read comments on the youtube channel of MM start working in the remake of Soldat. And so many peopple argue that KAG is kinda abandoned.

I have another doubt. Is kag still in beta state or is supossed to stop being beta when the team did the Steam release?

Shadowor, SpideY and RadioActive like this.
  2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I think so? This is KAG release, not beta iirc, but they're still tweaking it for balance and stuff.

Geti still posts on the forums so at least we have that

3. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

#MAYBEin2016
    It's gonna be very negative post, so don't rage and overreact fellas. I know it's not only my opinion..

We all are like a zombies. We live in something already dead.
    Some facts:
    KAG is full of bugs. Some of them are in the game for a few months. Every month we get an update but it contain only one or two significant fixes, the same number of new stuff and at least one bug or something f:anger:ed up.
    Some examples:
    [1180] Invisible mines
    [1026] AFK auto-kicks bugs
    [998] Spect-cam bugs, errors replaced with new ones.

It seems that only Geti is working on KAG (at least for me). I'm sure it will take him months to fix all of the major bugs.
    The worst thing is that there is no chance of attracting a large number of new players who would have been in the game for longer than a month. We had recently promotions - many new players joined (more than 4 000), but the number of players online now returned to normal, and is the same as it was before the promotion.
    I would be very discouraged to continue to work on KAG, the game whose future is well known :(

Kag is going to be just like a Soldat dat I loved for 7 years...
    :heart:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    Beef, bru-jaz, Asu and 2 others like this.
  4. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Are you fucking kidding me? There has been only one month since the last build was released, and people already complain about KAG being abandoned? There was like 70 days between build 1180 and 1110, I didn't see any complains then?

5. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Well I think Geti said that the next update would shake things up a bit. And he has mentioned adding upgradable boat types among other things. He'll probably take a while adding all that though. I hardly think KAG is abandoned, though we could do with some more support.

6. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

KAG is "done", there will be some balance fixes, but for the most part there will be no new content.

Beef and PinXviiN like this.
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We're working on other things simultaneously (MM especially, he's got like 4 separate projects going on) but there should be a patch this week that fixes a lot of long standing bugs and addresses a lot of recent and long standing balance concerns, and a very long standing server bug; @Rayne is right that we're not going to be adding much more content (there's a modding system for that, IMO KAG already has too much content and a lot of stuff that could be cut) but we'll continue maintaining it while there's a community, and we'll probably do a few more sales to help with that community.

If we got more community interest and drive (mods, tournaments) we might allocate more resources to it, but at the moment sinking 5 people's time into maintenance isn't profitable or fun.

To be clear on the "Beta" thing - KAG hasn't been in Beta since steam, no matter what the out of date installer says - the guy who knows how the installer scripts work is more or less afk at the moment, and we've just been lazy with removing all references to it on the site.

8. I see some cool mods on the way :wink:

9. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

well. thanks for the replies.
    Ive just wondering where can i find the "siege" system and all thoose complex content that appears on the KAG youtube channel -where MM himself presents- , with harvesting and so. (I was away from kag since the begining of the year, so im not meaning that ive played all the servers to found the mode)

Also, in the videos appear to be sprites in the game, something that the "original project sketches" of KAG had promised.