1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Hiding Your Team Color With Dead Bodies

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Duplolas, Jan 27, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

For awhile now you have been able to hide your team color by picking up a dead body that is the color of your enemy. It is a tactic that works pretty well on new players and those not paying attention. Should this be able to be done? I have mixed thoughts on the idea.

On one hand it is a really smart idea that is easy to do and has no negative impact on the person holding the body.

On the other, it is a strategy that only works with some hats and is used to trick new players.

I personally cannot use this strategy because I wear the blindfold head. However I see a lot of vet players using this strategy.

Do you think it is something that maybe should be changed to keep players from hiding their colors with bodies or not? That is what I would like to know.

2. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Fwiw: It's also biased with the head you choose to wear, some have way more team colour then others.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

How do you "fix" this "problem"? By removing the ability to pick up corpses? Then how are builders supposed to get rid of the corpses holding doors open?

Sir_Walter and Noburu like this.
  4. It's easy to counteract this anyway. Just slash if you're near someone of unsure team, and if they get hit, bam.

5. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Never said the word "fix" or "problem". Don't know what you are putting quotes around them if you are the first to say them.

I just wanted to know what the community thought of it.

And a "fix" could be simply changing the color of the dead body to your team color when picked up. Much like how when you pick up a crate it changes to your color, or when you sit inside of a siege vehicle.

6. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

For awhile now you have been able to jump by pressing the up arrow. It is a tactic that works pretty well on new players and those not paying attention. Should this be able to be done? I have mixed thoughts on the idea.

On one hand it is a really smart idea that is easy to do and has no negative impact on the person jumping.

On the other, it is a strategy that only works with some keyboards and is used to trick new players.

I personally cannot use this strategy because I don't have an up arrow. However I see a lot of vet players using this strategy.

Do you think it is something that maybe should be changed to keep players from jumping or not? That is what I would like to know.

Guitarman, Ej, XyellowX and 16 others like this.
  7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Can't say I totally agree with Boxpipe's argument, and I do think the tactic itself feels a bit cheap, but then again, there are plenty of other tactics in KAG that might be considered cheap, like water-ammo spam.

Just be wary of people carrying corpses, and you really shouldn't have much problem with it. Consider it part of the learning curve.

Auburn likes this.
  8. I mainly use this when playing as archer, it helps to hide my body when crouching making it less obvious when trying to be sneaky and play dead to get past a group of enemy players traveling past.

That being said, many times before I have used it as a knight. I find using the dead bodies of the opposite team an easy way to get through the enemy line (if lucky). For example: if there is a enemy tower and there is no way of getting behind it I use the dead body to trick any newbies players thinking I'm on their side, and as soon as they open it to get past me, I jab them making them panic and retreat inside with me following them in.
    Although this is based on being lucky and getting someone who doesn't know about the whole body disguise technique, I still think it's a great perk to carrying an enemy dead body.

All this being said, I don't think there is a problem with this being in the game, it's just another smart way to confuse your enemy and making them more wary of people of people carrying corpses as Nighthawk said.

BangTidyPotato likes this.
  9. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Moved to appropriate section, since you're obviously asking for changes in the game. Post in the correct section next time.

Hella and Noburu like this.
  10. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I wasn't. I was trying to disucus if the community thought it was a fair thing before I tried making a suggestion Galen. Monstreri was the only person to say something related to "fixing it".

If I was suggesting it I wouldn't say I have "mixed thoughts about it"

11. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

You said:
    Which is exactly the same as making ANOTHER thread to discuss that. Also tbh I don't actually care about what's in the threads in terms of content so your argument is not really doing anything. It doesn't matter what people discuss in threads as long as it's following the rules aka ontopic.

Hella likes this.
  12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

You wouldn't 'fix' anything by making corpse change colour, not to mention the nonsensical nature of such a suggestion. Firstly, you'd be robbing players of a perfectly valid tactic that is cleverly countered by not being an slow-witted idiot. Secondly, I don't know about you, but when I grab a dead person, I don't normally switch their clothes around with the handy spare set I carry in my backpack.

If anything, you should be thinking of more ways to hide yourself, rather than demolishing those that currently exist.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  13. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Close thread please. I didn't make this as a suggestion thread because of the fact that I wasn't 100% sure that anything needed to be done. If I wanted to have something implemented it would go in a suggestion thread.

14. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

It's kind of become discussion upon a suggestion dude. If you don't want something implemented, then why would you start a huge discussion based around the idea that you are trying to decide whether you think something should stay or go. No need to throw a hissy fit because it's not following your plan of action as perfectly as you had hoped, despite still providing valid talk.

Monsteri and Galen like this.
  15. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

If you grab a corpse and kill everyone, you're doing it wrong. You must refrain from killing. Face the same way as your enemies, make emoticon faces with them, waltz around their base playing it cool and acting natural. Gain their trust. Get inside their heads.

Then once you've set off a keg and actually been votekicked for griefing, that's when you have won kag.

Guitarman, Apronymous, norill and 7 others like this.
  16. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Any discussion about stealth in kag first needs to address swing archers hid ring in trees and pretending to be dead on the minimap

17. Ricket

Ricket Shipwright Staff Alumni
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

I once did this in CTF with devastating results. Their castles were all but destroyed and they were only holding out by force of arms so I grabbed a body, waltzed on through to their flag, kegged the base and captured the flag. Voila.
    I think that if people aren't recognising a second head protruding from their 'teammate's' stomach then they deserve to be duped.

Nabuco likes this.
  18. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Usually when i see someone with a head sticking out of their crotch... It's pretty obvious.

I don't get how people miss it lol

19. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

What about just adding the slow attribute to anyone carrying a body, much like a keg or flag. it would deter long term usage, and be realistic, as a body is quite heavy.

norill and epenow like this.
  20. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Realism eh?
    ahh gotta love copy and paste

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
Mods: Rainbows