1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Help] Male Heads Team Colours

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by JimmyNic, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyNic

JimmyNic Shopkeep Stealer

I am trying to put together a head texture pack and I've made all my sprites have a blue element to them. How do I make sure that they turn to red when you are on the red team? I have read the stickied thread but I noticed other head packs seem to work without any messing with the rules files. What gives?

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

If you go to team palette, you'll see 4 blues in there on the left side, followed by red, green and some other colors. Use the first set of those blues and those blues will that get recolored to the reds on the other team.

3. JimmyNic

See I am using those set of blues and for some reason it doesn't work.

4. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

What program are you using? I used paint.net and used the dropper tool to copy the color from the normal sprites, put it on a palette (not really needed but its nice to have saved) and used those for my testing and it worked fine. Are you using the ones on the left? There is a dark blue team and that confused me at first.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  5. JimmyNic

Problem solved. I am using ASEPRITE, which is a good program otherwise, but when it samples the colours for your palette from images you import it may not get exactly the correct ones that KAG requires. Using the eyedropper tool in that same program you can get the exactly correct hex codes that you need for KAG to be able to recognise Team colours and change them to the Red ones in game. This thread can be locked up now, thanks for your help guys.

BlueLuigi and Kouji like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.