1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Gen] Modding Suggestions

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Klokinator, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I didn't see a thread about this anywhere, so I decided to make one. This is a topic for people who would like to suggest ideas for mods or who have maybe some sprites and etc and want to outline how others can use them. (Though you might just make a topic in Modding about that instead.) I have some ideas of my own, so here goes.

First, I like some aspects of KAG classic that were removed, like portable, carry-able Outposts and the way Quarters would heal you if you stood inside them. I'd love to see those make a return in a beta mod at some point in the future, but that's a very general suggestion.

Classes:

All classes start off the way they are now in vanilla 919 (Or whatever the build is as of this post) though they have slightly altered HP because of the new class I'm adding, Wizard. All classes will have alternate weapons or abilities which are purchased through a new workshop, called The Armory. (This is based on the "King Arthur's Armory" mod.) The armory will let you change either your L-Mouse or R-Mouse weapon/ability for a cost of 20 coins, and after that you will retain that weapon or ability after death or until you purchase a different ability. The Armory will cost 150 wood for the base workshop, and 100 wood and 100 stone and 50 gold for the Armory itself. It's costly but invaluable and essential in this new mod I've dreamed up. (Again, props to King Arthur's Armory for the inspiration.)

[​IMG]

Knights: All the changes to Knights already present in KAA, plus these.

HP: 6.

Slashes will now deal 2.5 damage instead of 2 with the vanilla sword, and stabs will deal 1 damage. Aside from the weapons listed in KAA, here's another one.

Great-hammer: Replaces L-Mouse and R-Mouse items. This is a very slow, powerful hammer that is the only weapon a Knight can use that will smash through stone doors and blocks. It also penetrates shields, so it's very invaluable but terrible in a one on one fight. It takes 3 seconds to charge for the basic attack, and 6 seconds to charge for the heavy attack. The basic attack deals 3 damage to anything directly in front of the knight (Cannot aim up or down, only a 70 to 90 degree angle forwards) and 2 damage to a shielded enemy. The second attack deals a massive 5 damage to all enemies in a 3x3 radius in front of the knight, pierces all shields, and stuns any who survive for a second.

For its wall destruction capabilities, the basic attack will deal 1/2 damage to any wooden wall (It attacks two vertical walls simultaneously) and 1/3 damage to two stone blocks, or 1/4th damage to two stone doors. The fully charged attack destroys wooden blocks and doors in one hit (But 6 seconds of charging so, eugh) deals 2/3rd damage to a stone block, and deals 1/2 damage to a stone door. Basically, in 12 seconds, if unblocked, you can easily get through a single set of stone doors or any other blockade.

The Great-hammer is so heavy that a Knight cannot block while using it, therefore a knight with a Great-hammer is a sitting duck if they don't have team-mates to cover them.

Archers: Archers start with a Composite Bow, which is essentially the same bow they use in KAG now, and a Hookshot. They have three other options for their main weapon and two other options for their sub-item, all of which are swapped at the Armory. All bows deal the same amount of damage as vanilla, but they have different ranges and charge times.

HP: 3.

Short Bow: (L-Mouse) This bow charges twice as fast as the vanilla bow, but has half the range.

Composite Bow: (L-Mouse) This is the vanilla bow.

Long Bow: (L-Mouse) This bow takes twice as long to charge, but travels 1.5x further and can stun a shielded knight with a fully charged shot for 5 seconds at close range.

Crossbow: (L-Mouse, and removes R-Mouse item) This bow has the same distance as a Composite Bow and takes 3 seconds to charge for its main attack, and deals 2 HP damage while piercing shields. The second attack takes 7 seconds to charge and fires two rounds, each dealing 2.5 damage and piercing shields. However, when using a Crossbow, an archer cannot move while charging and has no use of their secondary item. If they wish to scale walls, they will have to use the arrow climbing trick.

Secondary Abilities:

Grapple: (Starting R-Mouse Ability) This is the same as vanilla KAG.

Knife: (R-Mouse) Stab archers and builders and knights for one damage, backstab for three. You have to be right on top of them to hurt them and it's deflected by shields. Pretty shitty, but hey at least it's there.

Proximity Mine: (R-Mouse) This is a limited use item which would explode when an enemy (or enemy corpse) got within three tiles and would stun anything friend or foe within 10 tiles for 5 seconds. However, only one proximity mine could be placed at a time, if another was placed then the previous one would disappear, and if the archer were killed, they would not be able to place a second one, only replace the old one. It would also have an arming time of 3 seconds, to prevent abuse of a fleeing archer stunning the knights behind them. Also, the Mine would not deal any damage at all or harm structures. Its only use is stunning enemies.

Generally speaking, the hookshot would be the best utility item, but the knife would have its own uses and the mine would be a good support item.

Builder: There would be two types of builders and they'd be slightly more useful with this setup.

HP: 4.

Builder: Default builder, breaks structures and vehicles with R-Mouse and places blocks. Basically the vanilla Builder you use right now. Deals 1/2 heart damage per hit on any enemy.

Engineer: Builds for half cost (5 stone instead of 10 for a stone block) but cannot attack enemies at all. Repairs structures and vehicles with R-Mouse, whether friend or foe, and this action drains stone/gold/wood depending on the item type. Engineers dig at half the speed a Builder digs.

Wizard: Yes, we have a wizard mod out there, and I've never played it plus I have my own idea of what a wizard should be like.

HP: 2 HP.
    MP: 4 Stars.

Strategy for the Wizard: Provide bombarding support with charged attacks that deal lots of damage and harm even shielded enemies, but little offensive potential on its own or when by itself. Also very little tower and building destructive capabilities, with exception. Note that when using any attack, the wizard must become motionless to charge its attack, leaving it vulnerable to an enemy counter attack.

With regards to Mana, all Wizards start with 4 Stars of mana, and when their mana is drained they cannot use any attacks. If they hurt an enemy with an attack, they gain 1/2 a mana star, and if they kill said enemy, they gain 1 mana star per enemy. If an enemy dies within 20 tiles of any team's wizard, they will drop a mana star and the wizard may run over and grab it to refill mana. This is useful in that if you run out of mana but your team-mates kill a couple dudes, you can grab the mana off their corpses for your own purposes.

Wizards start off with Energy Ball and Regenerate Mana, so they have fairly good offensive capabilities at start and can modify themselves based on the situation.

[​IMG]

Energy Ball: (Starting L-Mouse Ability) The wizard starts with this ability, a simple energy ball with good damage but no particular notable effects, aside from some good shield penetration potential. The ball moves at 1/2 the speed of a fully charged arrow at it's first charge level, then 3/4ths the speed at it's highest level. It arcs based on momentum, so you can use it as a bombarding attack.

At it's first level, it costs 1 mana and deals 1.5 HP damage to a shielded knight, or 3 damage to an unshielded unit and takes 2 seconds to charge. At the second charge level, it costs 2 mana and deals 2 damage to a shielded knight, or 4 damage to any unshielded unit and deals that damage in an AOE of 3x3 tiles from the impact point.

[​IMG]

Thunder Strike: (L-Mouse) Lightning shoots from the sky and zaps the tile aimed at. You can hit anything visible on a fully zoomed out screen, but the lightning deals no structural damage and is blocked by any form of rooftop and will aim at and catch trees on fire if the tile aimed at is within two tiles of a tree. (Think like a lightning rod) Trees caught on fire will burn any wooden structures touching them and will burn any archers hiding in them for a 1/2 heart of damage, but otherwise will regrow after burning to the ground. Lightning will deal 2 damage to any unit it hits, shielded or otherwise, and will reverse their controls for two seconds.

Thunder Strike requires 1.5 Mana and 2 seconds of charge time to cast it and is a fairly good offensive spell, if not easily blocked by anything. Note that it is completely useless underground or in any situation where you don't have a clear line of sight from the top of the map to the enemy.

[​IMG]

Fireball: (L-Mouse) Another ability you can purchase at the Armory, this one fires a slow moving fireball straight ahead in any direction until it hits something. If it hits stone, dirt, or anything that isn't wooden, it will fizzle out and do nothing. If it hits a tree or wood, it will burn it. If it hits an enemy, it will inflict the Burn debuff and deal 1 damage to them. If it hits a shield, it will fizzle out.

Fireball has two levels, with the first level costing 1 Mana and taking 1 second to charge and fire. The second level costs 3 Mana and takes 2.5 seconds to fire, unleashing a fireball twice as big that will deal three damage and slightly damage stone structures. It will burn a shielded enemy and inflict the Burn debuff, but otherwise they'll only take the 1/2 damage of fire from them. It moves at the same speed as a fully charged arrow. This move is the quickest to charge and fire of all the Wizard's abilities.

[​IMG]

Regenerate Mana: (Starting R-Mouse Ability) This move allows you to regenerate your mana at the rate of 1/2 a Mana star per two seconds. All wizards start with this move and can replace it with one of the other two techniques, this move has no other uses.

[​IMG]

Teleport: (R-Mouse) The user can teleport up to 12 tiles in any direction by aiming at the tile you wish to teleport to and holding the R-Mouse button down for 2 seconds, during which time you will see an apparition of the wizard in the spot you are aiming at which will turn red on an invalid/too distant tile. The wizard cannot teleport to any space within 10 tiles of the flag or inside a hall in TTH, ever. When he reaches full charge he will simply continue to charge until you let go of the button and teleport, or click L-Mouse to cancel. This technique is good for bypassing walls and fortifications, but the wizard is terrible in 1-on-1 combat so without backup he will be mostly useless on the other side.

Teleportation costs 1/2 mana for every 3 tiles teleported to. At max range of 12 tiles it will cost 2 mana.

[​IMG]

Float: (R-Mouse) This replaces teleport if you buy it from the Armory. Float allows you to basically float like Princess Peach from Super Mario 2. Jumping in the air and holding R-Mouse will allow you to move on a flat plane at a cost of 1/2 mana per second, which will quickly drain your reserves but may have some potential for a skilled player. Note that you're about the ripest target ever for bored archers so this move is also pretty goddamn dangerous.

I was considering a Cleric or support magi of some sort, but that's for another day, and maybe that could just be a Wizard Ability. What are the thoughts on this overhaul idea, and don't you guys have mod ideas of your own to post?

2. moved to modding

also, honestly considering locking the thread

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I thought a modding suggestion thread would be a good idea :/

of course then i posted a wall of text and it became something else entirely, I wasn't oplanning on a tenth that much originally

4. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Small suggestion. You know in like.. some roleplay servers.. they always say to start a new life yea? Well... why not make a randomized sprites code. Like... when you first come in. You got a generic skin and chosen head. When you die, your sprite is randomized.. meaning different player bodies and heads... as well as randomized weapons.... cause I mean really.. people dont always obey that rule.. so just having that would make sense. :D

5. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

Should name the 'Great-Hammer' a 'Maul', which is more historically accurate.