1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Game window doesn't show up

Discussion in 'Help' started by viraptor, Sep 20, 2014.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. viraptor

viraptor Catapult Fodder

Hi all,
    I've got a problem with freshly downloaded game startup. It simply doesn't.
    - No errors on the console
    - First update worked perfectly
    - The frame of the game window flashes and disappears instantly
    - It doesn't actually exit or crash - just stays there until it's killed
    - Nothing interesting in the logs and the console output is very boring

Any ideas how to debug it further?

Code:
    Engine (build: 1215 version: 0.97)
    Creating video device...
    Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.0-alpha
    Linux 3.16.1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Aug 14 07:40:19 CEST 2014 x86_64
    Using renderer: OpenGL 3.0
    Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile x86/MMX/SSE2: Intel Open Source Technology Center
    OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
    GLSL version: 1.3
    Loaded texture: /home/viraptor/Downloads/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/DarkMicroStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/viraptor/Downloads/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/BorderStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/viraptor/Downloads/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/SimpleStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/viraptor/Downloads/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/FramedStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/viraptor/Downloads/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/PolishedStone.png
    Loaded texture: /home/viraptor/Downloads/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/paper_tiles.png
    Loaded texture: /home/viraptor/Downloads/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/Bubble.png
    Loaded texture: /home/viraptor/Downloads/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/MenuItems.png
    Loaded texture: /home/viraptor/Downloads/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/title.png
    Loaded texture: /home/viraptor/Downloads/kagbeta-linux32-client/Base/GUI/Starter_Gradient.png
    Downloading checksums from http://update.kag2d.com/1/linux32-client-release/App/version.txt

Downloading http://update.kag2d.com/1/linux32-client-release/App/version.txt...
    file Downloads/App/version.txt
    Removing unused/moved files in ./Base

Version file the same (key matches)

Downloading http://www.rssitfor.me/getrss?name=kag_news...
    file Downloads/kag_news
    ^CCtrl+C detected

2. viraptor

viraptor Catapult Fodder

And after some research:
    - nolauncher gets more results
    - the lib dependencies are being silly, because KAG wants libpng15, but local freetype wants libpng16 - conflicting symbols, yay!

does anyone know how to resolve this on arch?

3. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hey guy,

Sorry for the late response! Hope you're still sticking around to get some help! You could try the general segmentation fault fix

1. Make sure that libpng15 package is installed
    2. Use library preload technique: LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libpng15.so.15 ./rungame.sh or LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libpng15.so.15 ./KAG

Let us know if this does not help/fix your issue.

4. Newklear

Newklear Catapult Fodder

Borrowing this thread as i have the same issue... I'm trying to run it on Ubuntu 14.04 but when i click Play in the launcher, it just crashes.

I installed libpng15 as you said but it still complains about "incompatible libpng version blah blah blah..."
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 25, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 25, 2014 ---
    Never mind, installed through steam instead and it worked.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey