1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fighting the undead - Now with friends! (build 393)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, May 14, 2012.

1. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

Well, its still a bullshit mechanic. The player has no way of knowing about it ingame.

Not that I suggest to clearly mark the areas where it happens, mind you. That'd be just lame and lazy.

Contrary likes this.
  2. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

So how do you suggest they go about it?

3. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

Like I already said a few posts ago:

Shows how much people care to read the thread when you need to actually repeat yourself.

4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

But that's a really silly way of going about it don't you think? Yeah, let's have the spawn zone change so they appear directly inside a large fortified tower you made... Stupid, yes? By doing this, it prevents people from building over a spawn point and thus, enforces a challenge.

"Supernatural game logic?" There are bombs, zombies and flying gargoyles in this game sir. You're looking a little too fucking far into it.

5. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

And that shows how much people care when they don't even properly read the post they are directly answering to.

My suggestion does infact enforce a challenge, but its fair in what it does as long as you don't leave background holes in your castle.
    Sure, you could cover the entire map with background tiles, but that won't be an easy, nor a fast task to do by any means. It would also encourage players to make sure their fortresses are secured more properly, as well as making background-castlewalls more important in construction.

By supernatural logic I mean bullshit mechanics that make no sense from a player perspective and are usually either a bad or lazy design choice made by the developers for whatever reasons. You know, bugs, glitches or mechanics that are not consistent with anything at all and make you want to shout "thats bullshit" at the game.

I am not critisizing the content or theme of the game or saying "its not realistic". I'm talking about behaviour shenanigans of the game engine.

Contrary likes this.
  6. thebonesauce

So how does it make sense that zombies can squeeze through a notch and then phase through a solid wall to the other side? Or how about that a knight is killed by a zombie, somehow turns into a lumbering behemoth that can knock out stone bricks? Being unable to place blocks in certain places due to an anti-griefing measure? I'm sorry, but you're raging against something so fucking trivial... Just build closer to the center of the map. Why is that so difficult?

7. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

I like map-edge explosions better... :p

8. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

The very nature of the anti-griefing measure is what gets in the way of fun in any game. And its not trivial. Artificial stuff like this puts me off from playing KAG when I know it pulls off this crap out of nowhere.

I'm not satisfied how the game is right now so I'm voicing my opinion about it. Pretty standard procedure when you're a paying customer, no?

9. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Yes, but you must remember that the game is indeed only in alpha stage, and they will most likely put in different security measures from now until the finished version.

Gofio likes this.
  10. thebonesauce

Then quit playing. The developers really don't need to cater to every single person, especially not stupid shit like this.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  11. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

All the more reason to make sure it doesn't stay as it is...

[​IMG]

KnightGabe13 and Contrary like this.
  12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

So, we done scrapping?

13. thebonesauce

NO YOU BLUE TEXT USING MEANIE ;_;

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Excellent. Carry on then!

(Just don't let it degrade into flaming ;))

15. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

OMFG STOP CRYING -.- Guys, if you dont like the way the zombies spawn, CHANGE IT

//Froghead, as much as I appreciate you were using the shade of blue I normally use as a joke, please don't do it in contexts that might suggest that I'm editing people's posts without identifying myself--let alone conducting myself in a manner far removed from my normal mode. Ta. ~fbb

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  16. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I HAVE A SOLUTION TO ALL OF THIS SPAWN BUSINESS
    WAIT FOR IT

GREG DROPSHIPS.