1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

FGH's Knight Guide

Discussion in 'Knight' started by FlyingGroundhog, Feb 17, 2012.

1. FlyingGroundhog

FlyingGroundhog Shopkeep Stealer

Hello I am the one and only senior jet-flying groundhog I go by the name FlyingGroundhog or simply Groundhog or FGH! But this guide isn't about talking about myself -- no no! It is about how to tear stuff up with your big ol' knightly sword and make the citizens run away crying and hear the lamentations of their women!

First, let's talk about the basics. Ok! So what do you have as a Knight? You got these things.

1. Bombs
    2. Sword
    3. Shield

Ok. Let's go over bombs, first. Bombs cost 20 coins apiece - Bombs kill the last carrier and the opposite team of the last carrier's team - Bombs are lighted with F and can be thrown with F or C. You can pick up lit bombs with C if you are not carrying another object.

1. Bombs are for three main things.
    A) Bombjumping - BJ'ing is essential if you wanna be a good Knight. There are two ways to bomb jump. The first way is to simply throw the bomb onto the ground and put your shield under it. Make sure you shield faces the bomb's blast so you don't die! If it turns out well, you should get a mega jump effect. Put the bomb backwards to whichever way you want to go. This means if you want to go right > you want the bomb to be to the left of you and your shield facing the bomb.

The other way requires a bit more finesse. It uses the parachute effect. I will take about the main purpose for the parachute later into the guide. What you want to do is get onto a fairly high structure. Now, light your bomb. A little bit before the bomb explodes (you can also tell when the bomb well detonate by the color of your bomb cursor) jump and glide. If you do it too late or too fast you will just do a little jump in the air, but if you do it right you'll propel yourself into that direction! Bravo, grand soldier! :)

B) Killin' - This is fairly self explanatory. Bombs detonate and kill members of the opposing team if they are too unlucky to get into the range of the bomb. Remember that enemy Knights can block the bomb. However, something to note is that in a Knight battle in a tight space using a bomb and throwing it under them is very effective because their shields don't have hit detection with the bomb, just with the blast! You can clear big strands of enemies with a well places bomb! Once, I got 5 enemies with a single one!

C) Destruction - Bombs destroy castle wall blocks well. They do not destroy dirt well, surprisingly. You can make structures fall apart with well places bombs! :)

Next is your sword. The sword is the basic thing about the Knight. You use it to stabby-stabby. The sword has two commands.

A) Stab - you left click and you stab. Doing one damage this is good for keeping enemy knights on their toes or getting an agile attack in. The normal stab can only destroy dirt, ladders, and gold bullions and ore. Also normal stabs work on all ore/stone ore variants. The stab does a total of one hearts-worth damage to all units.

B) Swing - you left click and stab. However, you hold it and you will see a timer charge up. When you see the circle light up, you can perform the elite Knightly Swing. The Knightly swing can destroy certain blocks your normal stab cannot, such as team doors, background stone walls, Out Posts and Catapults. You can also use it to destroy enemy Shops/Quarters! :) The swing is also nice for enemy knights. When you swing you break their shield block for a second. Also after you swing successfully on an enemy you can immediately follow it up with a second swing. This usually works well however the game is still a bit buggy so sometimes it won't work. :( Swing does 1 1/2 heart damage to all units.

Shield. The shield is for two things.

A) This is the 'duh' thing 'bout the shield. You can use it to guard stuff. This includes arrows, knight stabs, and more. Certain things you can block with your shield, but it will stun you. This includes fully charged arrow attacks, falling rocks, other Knight's swing. Like I said earlier you can also use the shield to absorb bomb blasts, note you will get pushed back in the direction of the bomb.

B) Gliding - when you press up when you are shielding you perform a glide. You can use it to avoid falling damage from minor heights and getting over gaps.

Ok hope this guide helped you guys out. Tell me what you think :)

^.^ FGH ^.^

2. Khombhat

Khombhat Shopkeep Stealer

What about shield-bashing? I am interested in how to actually pull this off as I have seen it mentioned many times yet never explained. I would appreciate the enlightenment.

3. FlyingGroundhog

I forgot shield bashing? Wow.

Anyways you can use a shield bash by falling on top of somebody while holding your shield down. You can also push somebody away by shielding while jumping into them.

4. Khombhat

Khombhat Shopkeep Stealer

Ah, very good. I sorta figured this was how it was done, but I wanted confirmation. I haven't been playing lately or I would've simply tried it. I don't intend to play until the zombies are loosed. Not out of spite, it's just all I want right now.

5. FlyingGroundhog

Hey, I don't blame ya. :)

6. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Got it. Performing a BJ is essential to become a good knight.

jeffeypop, cleggy, Gofio and 7 others like this.
  7. Dromaras

Dromaras Shipwright

xD I lol'd

And I sometimes just run in like a ape, not caring if I die, swinging/holding a bomb like a madman. *shrug* It works for me and is really fun to watch people run away.:D

8. FlyingGroundhog

Oh, you kids. BJ = Bomb Jump. ^.^

9. tur1sta

tur1sta Random snippet here ಠ__ಠ Donator

Whenever I read this line I can't help but Lol.
    Great guide. Got me to do bomb jumps, but I just can't help it when reading that first line..... :rollseyes: awesome guide none the less.

10. Zeigy

Zeigy Shopkeep Stealer

How is a shield bash different from jumping down on top of an enemy???? And how come I can never hit or kill any of the seasoned players when they are on my head, say, for example, in a narrow up-down tunnel? They always win those fights. :(

11. Shield bash is pretty much jumping into someone before they slash or attack with your shield out. Causing them to fly. U can do it from any possition except below them. Just jump left or right and fall and shield into them

12. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

I thought you just needed to stab to break workshops, cata and OP

13. That is correct. You take away like 10 HP from each each hit. And you can mouse over them to see current HP if you are close

14. FlyingGroundhog

Well that stuff is really glitchy. It often doesn't work for me.

15. The-CrabSpy

The-CrabSpy Shipwright

Thanks for the guide! I was needed some help with the bomb jumping :p now I understand!

16. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Another thing to add. There are two ways that bombs will register nobody as the last carrier, and will kill anybody on either team. The first way is launching it from a catapult. The second way is when the carrier dies before throwing it. Real funny if you kill an enemy carrier while they are surrounded by some teammates.

17. FlyingGroundhog

I didn't know that. Cool. ^.^

18. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

a BJ with a bomb?:huh?:
    ouch.:skull:

19. Catzilla

Catzilla Catapult Fodder

Great tutorial. I'm sure new guys will find this very helpful. I have one question though, is the shield parachute limited? like you can use it until you get to the ground without fall damage.

20. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Psst i couldnt find the shield climb part...
    </br>--- merged: Mar 4, 2012 12:25 PM ---</br>
    Nah only works a x amount of blocks.
    Somebody tested that and there are numbers somewhere in this forum.
    It enables knight to get lower several blocks without taking damage/dieing