1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Entombing; why it sucks and you suck if you do it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thebonesauce, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

Do you know how many times I have seen this?

screen-12-06-17-14-07-15.png
    This blue team member is the last one left alive with 0 units on his hnit counter. The tent (outpost) is infront of him. Enemy comes, takes flag, leaves. What is the man doing? Being an idiot isn't an answer. This is what I call entombing.

2. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

Sorry I hadn't read your posts yet, I was mainly talking about bonesauce. And to be honest, it doesn't matter what you call it. They all rely on the same action, blocking yourself in somewhere with stone. It's that action which we're talking about here.

Using entombing to do any of the tactics i've mentioned is not pointless in any way. Saying "yeah... it's pointless" does not change the fact that is actually not pointless for the many reasons I've already posted.

It doesn't matter what we're calling it. A person surrounded by stone, doing nothing, away from where it will do anything good, is completely useless. We can all agree on that. The only thing that i'm saying is that surrounding yourself with stone is a part of multiple useful tactics. If you still disagree with that, but you still can't give any reasons why, then I give up.

Actually both of those things are right. He is entombing, because he is surrounded by stone. He's also being an idiot (i.e using entombing in a way that is pointless, useless or otherwise retarded). You can use entombing (surrounding yourself with stone) in ways that are not useless.

3. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

All of these are correct. What thebonesauce is trying to say is, Entombing is the act of surrounding yourself doing absolutely nothing either on ther surface or underground. If you are using this method productively, it is not called entombing.

4. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

Says who? The mechanic itself IS entombing. It would make sense for entombing to mean entombing, not "entombing and then not doing anything useful". You can entomb and do nothing, or you can entomb and do something, it doesn't change the fact you're entombing.

Either way, the name you've arbitrarily tacked on to something is irrelevant. Bonesauce has said that tactics which employ entombing usefully, are pointless. That's what I disagree with, I don't care about semantics.

5. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

Ok. When Someone entombs and does something useful, I personally call it something different. But then again, everyone has their opinions.

6. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

Yes, you can call it something different, it doesn't matter. My point in that respect is that you're using the same mechanic (entombing/encasing/surrounding with stone) whether you do something useful or not.

Rayne likes this.
  7. Azeal

Azeal Catapult Fodder

Entombing is very annoying regardless, but cases where you can do it and not be yelled at by both teams:
    termiting (entombing inside/next to enemy tower and then taking it apart block by block from the inside, usually you want to remove support and cause a collapse)
    When tunneling, it is ok to place stone behind you to stop knights from reaching you.
    If you do it for a VERY short time, like to escape a rush of knights, it is tolerable. Once they leave, break out. Or just tunnel through a different side.
    Otherwise, all you are doing is stalling, which is not really helping your team (as you could be contributing instead), and keeping another game from starting.

Don't do it people.

Oscar355 likes this.
  8. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

Lol. Your post states what I have been trying to say in a nutshell ( trust me, I have failed). The first and second ways you said will get you yelled at by the other team, and the third way they will just be dissapointed they don't got an extra kill.

9. Azeal

Azeal Catapult Fodder

@Oscar, being yelled at by the other team is fine. Your goal is to beat them :P as long as you don't rub it in their faces (or at least not much :P).

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  10. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

ya, I just thought that the way you put it was funny.

11. Cleverlegs

Cleverlegs Builder Stabber

Has entombing lost meaning for anyone else?

[spoiler[entombing[/spoiler]

Also, what if I enjoy encasing myself in stone? Maybe I've taken a fancy to be a medieval Han solo.
    Maybe I just want to look at the pretty pixels and gibs flying everywhere in erlative peace.
    You can't tell people how to play the game.

But I agree, someone posted earlier about this tactic making people mad. There is literally nothing sweeter than making someone rage at you for doing something like this, especially since we're on opposing teams.

12. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

There's a pretty simple logic to this, lets keep as much wordage out of this as possible

Is the entomber is on your team?
    |
    \/
    (Yes) (No)-> Leave him to waste the slots on your opponents team, the thick fuck's helping you for for fucks sake
    |
    \/
    Is he causing enough rage and distraction on the other team to be worth a slot on your own?
    |
    \/
    (Yes) (No)-> Kick the worthless cunt
    |
    \/
    Leave him to it and enjoy your stupid enemies rage and dig after him all round

I really really really don't see how it's any more complex then that.

13. Guitrz

Guitrz Arsonist

<cough> keg </cough>

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

thebonesauce and Sir_Walter like this.
  15. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

yeah i doubt we can do it by default, might need a zenforo addon, which is @Shadlington 's realm of power, im pre sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.