1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Chivalry/War of the Roses

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Overlord, Jun 11, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Rambo, goodyman8, Aoi and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bookmark

Bookmark Haxor

Typo, man. Chivilary != Chivalry, though, I'd have to admit, chivilary sounds cool.

Chivalry looks like it'd be my type of game. I would be that one guy with the hammer and nothing else, smashing away at the shields of those low life campers. Thanks for the heads up Overlord. :D

Gofio likes this.
  3. Overlord

No prob, thought the kag community would like such a game :)

BlueLuigi likes this.
  4. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

Is here somebody who plays both games? Becaus I want to play one of them but I don't want to buy both. I think how the weapons work in War of the Roses is pretty great. But Chivalry looks like it had a lot more action and like it would be less frustrating to learn.
    Here is a comparison between the games from total biscuit. But this didn't help me to decide.

Also it looks like chivalry is 33% off at steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/ and war of the roses is 25% off http://store.steampowered.com/app/42160/

5. Overlord

They are both really good games, but I would recommend getting chivalry if you're only getting one. Melee is much more enjoyable in chiv with the weight behind attacks + limb removal :).

6. Bene

So you have played both?

7. Overlord

Played roses, watched a ton of chivalry videos but I still say chiv is the better of the 2 awesome games.

8. Viken

Viken Horde Gibber

I recently bought Chivalry. For any of you who would like to play with another KAGger (but only at weekends),
    Steam username: Viken.
    Your k/d ratio will double...but only if we're on opposing teams.

9. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

Bought Chivalry, but my graphics card is shit. Should I get a GTX 560?

10. Overlord

11. Bene

So chivalry is as vulnerable to griefing as kag? Oh noes! :D

12. Viken

Viken Horde Gibber

I've played it for a total of 5-6 hours, and still haven't encountered any griefers. Some players are a little....careless...with their wide swings, but no-one has purposely friendly-fire'd me yet.

13. Bene

OK, I bought chivalry during the steam sale. I really think it's a great game. At the first I was quite frustrated because I died instantly in every fight. I'm still not very good but I can manage to get some kills from time to time. You feel really great in this game if you manage to kill 3 or 4 enemies in a row. But you feel bad when you run into battle and get killed without harming anybody.
    I could manage to get some of the extra weapons last night. But now my left arm hurts because I pressed the keys too hard :D

Ej likes this.
  14. Kramgnauh

Kramgnauh Bison Rider

Yo dawgs, Chivalry and War of the Roses are cool and all but Mount and Blade: Warband is by far superior :D

15. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

HERE HERE!

16. Bene

OK, it "only" took me 54 hours to unlock all weapons in chivalry :D ... and new stuff is coming - new weapons and new maps. You can look at them here (and some other videos from the tournament) for example:

They said the update should come at the end of Januray. That would be this week. And as it looks like it's already playable maybe they will keep their word.

Varion, justi01 and Overlord like this.
  17. Overlord

Spiked shields, flails and a lava map.
    giv me now ploxz

18. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Spiked lava flails. .-.

Varion and Overlord like this.
  19. Bene

The chivalry content update is here :) I didn't get used to the new stuff yet but I already like it. And it looks like there is more to come because the new weapons got a new row in the menue that is still empty.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 2, 2013 12:41 PM ---</br>
    War of the Roses is having a free steam weekend and it's down to 5 Euros.
    After trying it for three hours i can say it's pretty fun, too. Yes the combat system is not as much fun as chivalry's. But the maps, weapons and the whole style makes it feel a lot more medieval. Chivalry is more for fast fights - jump in and go on a rampage. In WotR it's more about being in a big word having good but also slower fights. Still fun but a different kind of.
    I wish they would combine those two things - the looks and huge amount of weapons etc. of WotR with the easier combat mechanics of Chivalry

Varion and Overlord like this.
  20. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Chivarly? Fuck it! I'll stay with Skyrim

Mods: BlueLuigi