1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cars

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Asu, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Really fun! Perfect for all servers ( Fun, WAR, RP ), those cars can be used to travel long zones with resources.
    You can install it on your server, clients does not need to download anything!

[​IMG]

Commands :
    Same as catapults / ballistas
    Down to jump a bit and rotate ( Usefull if there is a small pit or a mountain )

Setup :
    Unzip the attached archive into /Mods/ folder.
    Add a breakline in Mods.cfg and add 'Car' without ' '
    Add the the script '/Entities/Vehicles/Car/Car.as' in your rules files.

UPDATE!
    + More heavy
    + More realistic
    - Less buggy

Attached Files:

• Car.zip
      File size:
      3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    Trugget, SMASH1413, Stevedog and 8 others like this.
  2. qpKillerqp

qpKillerqp Haxor

Installing it on my server right now :)...Hopefully it's as good as it seems :D

3. Seanshoots

Seanshoots Builder Stabber

[​IMG]

This is pretty cool. I had some times where, when spawning it, it would fall through the floor. I'm not sure if this is with the car or with my spawner. Anyways, good work! :)

4. Asu

KAB haves the same problem with a lot of blobs ( Like if you spawn dinghy at ground ).

Thx! If the setup instructions are incorrect but you found a solution to make it work, say it here, i'll edit the main post.
    Edit : Oh, and you need to spawn them with !car , there is not another way currently.

5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Haha, I remember this from some builds ago, like 730-ish or so. Were you the one behind the mod? It's really fun.

6. Asu

I developped this mod since ~3:00PM, so I'm not the one who made a car mod in the build ~730.
    I'll create few other cars, currently maybe one ( Based on longboat )

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Oh, alright. It was dinghy in wheels too.

Hey, how about a driveable drill and mounted bow combined? I think that would be pretty awesome :D

Piano likes this.
  8. Asu

That is not a bad idea, I will try tomorrow. I'm beggining at modding, that would maybe be hard for me.
    Edit : For now, I'll try to make a simple drillcar.

9. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Don't mean to sound like an ass, but this has already been done before. Unless you're making something different, in which case I look forward to seeing it.

Froghead48 likes this.
  10. Asu

As I'm beggining at modding, I'll do it later. I don't understand how to do it. But it won't be like viridi militis one, it won't need sprites or something.

11. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

We also have an airship, with custom sprites :) but waiting to show a video for a big post.

Guitarman likes this.
  12. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Get Hype!
    BTW: Sick mod. Cars in KAG, what could be better? Cars with drills of course!

13. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Sportscars lol PLEASE PLEASE PLASE

14. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

I is excited. You should host a !!!!SANDBOX!!!! server and put all the cars and stuff in it... :3

15. Asu

16. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I'm really anxious for airship type vehicles. I understand you are new to modding but are you going to be working on anything like that?

17. Asu

It is not hard as it sounds.

18. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

Sprites aren't working for me? I installed everything, and there are no sprites for it? DAFUQ HAPPENED DER ASU!

19. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Do we? Seriously... Lol. Yeah I'm working on it... But we do not have it (first version was shitty cause it was my first bigger mod).

AsuMagic:
    And as I suggested you ingame, use the covered dinghy sprite, would be awesome. You could also modify shape so it's really covered (lol cofiguring complicated shapes drives me into rage, so good luck). Use /g_debug 1 in console under "Home" key, so you see shapes (the same with 0 to turn off). And a little hint for wheel sprites, in Vehicle_addWoodenWheel(), the second argument is the frame of the wheel sprite, so you can use 0 or 1 for different wheel sprites, UNLESS you are using Vehicle_addWheel(), which is 5th one in this case.

20. Asu

I was trying but my internet connection crashed and stopped working for 3 days... And now there is a shitty sprite on it :@