1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cannot run on raspberry pi running debian linux

Discussion in 'General Help' started by mrpi64, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpi64

mrpi64 Catapult Fodder

I cannot run KAG for linux 32 on my raspberry pi, when i run any of the 2 .sh scri[pt, i get an error that says:

cannot execute binary file.

help plz?

and also, does KAG require GLX visuals?
    </br>--- merged: May 20, 2013 7:27 AM ---</br>
    :spam: :migrant: :(

2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You did install debian 32bit on your raspberry pi right? (do "uname -a")
    If you have a 64bit OS do "sudo apt-get install ia32-libs"

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'd say it cannot be run on Raspberry Pi because of it's processor. I don't think that KAG supports ARM CPU.

EDIT: After talking with MM it seems that KAG was compiled for RaspberryPi but only it's server part. It was done some time ago by Flab. No one of us really tested that - only Flab.

Anyhow, to sum up - you won't be able to run the client on the RaspberryPi. Only server and it's not certain that it will work well.

4. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

isnt raspberry about as powerful as a calculator

kagfanz, Ej and inactive_account like this.
  5. mrpi64

mrpi64 Catapult Fodder

well that's a bit harsh? as powerful as a calculator? IT HAS ITS OWN VERSION OF MINECRAFT! PI EDITION!!!

anyhow, where can i get the source, so that i can compile myself? or can someone do it for me?
    </br>--- merged: May 21, 2013 7:33 AM ---</br>
    the pi runs off an SD card, it is 32 bit, armhf (i think, but definetly arm)
    </br>--- merged: May 21, 2013 7:35 AM ---</br>
    or can flab compile it for me? pretty please?

actually, the pi might not be powerful enough. with all of theose cool graphics...

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There's no publicly available ARM build at this point, the server does not compile fully on it yet.
    You cannot access the source, this is a closed source game.

If more interest was put forward I'm sure Ryan/FLAB would look into it more, but compile times were in excess of 9 hours for a full rebuild; he was having issues with a few libraries rather than actual game code though, if I remember correctly.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Either way you'll be hard pressed to run anything more than like 2v2 TDM off the raspi, as the game code is in scripts (-> slow, but easy to modify) and there's a lot of physics calculations and delta compression calculation on the network side of things. You'll also be strapped for RAM for a large game.

Ultimately you'd be better off just running a server off a low end VPS than hanging out to run it off your Pi, I'm afraid. Feel free to nag FLAB about it though :)

8. mrpi64

mrpi64 Catapult Fodder

ok then, remove blood, bits of blocks, etc and all unecessary bits that just slow it down.
    </br>--- merged: May 21, 2013 12:35 PM ---</br>
    would that help?

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Why can't you understand that it's currently impossible to do? I'm locking the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.