1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Cannot join Servers

Discussion in 'Help' started by Cheeseoman, Sep 28, 2014.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Cheeseoman

Cheeseoman Catapult Fodder

Ok this is a strange one I thought I fixed but am still not able to play.

Running on: Mac Os X

Basically I reinstalled the game after several months of not playing, I purchased through steam hence installing through steam. When I log on to play, everything smooth, I see no servers:huh?:. I search around on forums, pretty much everyone just saying reinstall. I try this a few times, doesn't work.

Next I delete all my local files and reinstall through the KAG Website, thinking they would definitely have the latest version. This works! I can see all the servers I remember :yes:, (AUS ones that is) and I ::):happily double click to join aaannnddd...... "Sorry you do not have a premium account, please purchase the game to play".:>:(::bird:

Uugghhhh, so I gather that I can link a steam downloaded/purchased version/account to the KAG client, But I cannot Link a KAG downloaded client to a Steam purchased account if you get me?
    Because clearly the steam download is out of date as it shows absolutely Zero servers.

HAAALLPPP ::):

2. Cheeseoman

Cheeseoman Catapult Fodder

OK lolz after still not conceiving to defeat I FIXED IT. Even though I can't see anyone else on these forums with this problem Mac->steam->servers->authentication issue, this is the fix;

Got to steam/games library/KAG(right click)/Properties/Local files/Browse Local Files... Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 11.44.56 AM.png

Also download the Official KAG version from the website.... http://kag2d.com/en/download

And SIMPLY copy the complete Downloaded version (contents/MacOS) Folder into the Steam folder, make sure you completely Replace it.

That way you run the latest version of KAG through steam 25252525

yipeeeeeeeeee:chicken:

kaizokuroof likes this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey