1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1043 - Back to Reality

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Feb 24, 2014.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

No more endless love I’m afraid.

This build also contains a few bugfixes and an exciting community addition, the storage cache. Thanks to Skinney for this nice object.

[​IMG]

This fancy storage has a “drop all” button and a way of accessing the stuff that’s inside. We may be tweaking the interface just a little (making the drop all button vanish if you’re not carrying anything), but it’s functional and fun, so no more dinghy storages in CTF.

There’s also no build zones at the edge of the map to avoid “infinite jump” cheats, and some minor fixes for admins and modders.

Full Changelog:

[removed] valentines event code.
    [added] CTF storage from Skinney
    [added] Extra "no build" zones on the edge of the map from Skinney
    [added] camera rotation and position is cleared on disconnect.
    [fixed] /restartmap actually nextmapping
    [fixed] some bugs in file replacer

Have Fun!

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

Joiken, Iamaclay, Stevedog and 9 others like this.
  2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Glad to see the xmas hat as part of the reality ::P:

franek123 likes this.
  3. The love is already gone, don't make them take Santa too.

nkChehov, Joiken, Stevedog and 2 others like this.
  4. TerranMarine

TerranMarine Haxor

after it i see only 4 server in the list

5. Leo

Leo Haxor

Yeah guys, how about pushing the update to steam in same time ? Because we now have one million empty servers to 1043 and one million steam clients to 1033. And THAT'S the reason I have auto-update disabled in my servers. This time I made the mistake to update them before checking steam though.

6. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The update was just pushed, you have to give the servers time to update to the current version.

The version on Steam should be the same as the launcher checks for game updates when you start the game and the launcher loads.

7. pmattep99

pmattep99 Drill Rusher
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

PLS HELP ME! i can't update the game and i don't know why! i start KAG and then i go on the server list but there aren't any servers ad the game is on the build 1033! pls fix it!

-Q likes this.
  8. Leo

Leo Haxor

Actually this fails often, like now.

9. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

forceupdate.bat in your KAG folder ( On steam usually "C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/King Arthur's Gold" on 64-bit and "C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/King Arthur's Gold" on 32-bit. If still not working, make a backup of your KAG folder, delete everything but KAG.exe ( Even folders ), check game integrity ( Not sure how to because actually my Steam won't launch, so try getting in KAG's Steam settings ( Properties or something like that ) and click 'Check game integrity' )). If your game does not launch anymore or it won't download, take back the backup.

Noburu and pmattep99 like this.
  10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I hope all the storages link together?

11. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

... and the only Build 1033 server is full.

12. pmattep99

pmattep99 Drill Rusher
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

thank you friend! it work now! thank you a lot

-Q and Asu like this.
  13. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I've pushed the Steam build again some time ago. Should be working for everyone now.

Noburu and Nabuco like this.
  14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The steam build doesn't patch from our update servers, they patch from steam's ones. I pushed the build on steam about 45 min after the normal build was done, if this was the cause of the annoyance, well, sorry. If something funny happened with the patch and Furai pushing it a second time fixed it then great.

More heads are more heads ;^)

Iamaclay and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  15. Boea

Boea Such Beta

This is pretty fucking hot, also, finally.

16. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

@Geti Don't you think that the height of this map should be slightly increased?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    It's CTF TresFlag. "No build" zone prevents to build towers on the flying islands. It sux :P
    Btw. It's a bug that I can place backwall and ladders in this zone? :huh?:

[​IMG]

I attached the .png map file below with increased height of 20 blocks/pixels.

Edit: Forgot to say that the @Skinney's storage works great! :heart:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Extended it a bit in the next build, good catch.

You can build backwall/ladders because those aren't solid tiles, and because the "no build" zone there is the same as the "no build" zone in halls, tents, shops etc.

RadioActive likes this.
  18. while you're on that, do something so that tents can be walled off again. the barrier on the sides prevents it

if you can't wall off the tent, bomb jumping will pretty much dictate every game

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  19. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Sometimes the backwall on the top of the map gets stacked with no support, but that'd be hardly useful:

fly.png

Klokinator likes this.
  20. Geti

I'll see what I can do about the tiles stuck at the top next week, though uni is starting up again