1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Any RuneScape players here?

Discussion in 'Other games' started by MacD, Nov 7, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

I used to play RuneScape, but I quit back in February after the bot invasion. I first started back in January 2004, and I've played on and off ever since, paying for membership most of the time. I've been considering returning to it since Jagex nuked the bots a couple weeks ago, but most of my friends list has quit, and grinding alone gets boring really fast.

2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I use to play Runescape but one day I looked at myself and realized I had spent hours just mining, clicking back and forth between my vault and the mine. So I asked myself "It's four o clock in the morning, why am I mining?"

I reazlized it was because I had lost control of my life.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

inactive_account and Static like this.
  3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Two years ago I player RuneScape for a week.

Then I quit.

Waky and inactive_account like this.
  4. Static

Static Shopkeep Stealer

I used to play it when i was like 13 - 15... now i am 22 :S...

I then started to play CS then CS:S then BF and COD...

Now KAG :p

but then BF3...

5. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Oh God not that game!
    I lost a year of my LIFE to that game.

Digger101 and inactive_account like this.
  6. lehoon

lehoon King

I played Runescape Classic mostly. This was around 2001-2003ish when there were 3 servers each (2000 users per server) and the wilderness was a wild idea.

7. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

I played too, and it happened to me the same than Contrary. I reached skill level 649 as a free user, which means quite a few dozens of hours wasted. You gather a thing for one hour to be able to gather another thing for two hours, to be able to gather another thing for three hours... well, actually, the time required for the next thing increases exponentially. :rollseyes:
    I prefer to stay away from it because I know that, regardless of how pointless it is, I'd start playing again.

8. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

i played runescape several year ago i was lvl 70 or 80 it was my first mmorpg

9. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Run,Escape.

I used to play Runescape. It was my first foray into soul crushing years of social isolation and depression playing MMOs. Thankfully I've been clean for nearly two years. I realised that not being socially isolated isn't all that great though. Since most people are self centered dicks and I largely miss having buddies who actually wanted to work together on something we all felt was meaningful rather than just compete over who has gotten the most women into their bed.

Boxpipe and Drok like this.
  10. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

I keep expecting an arrow to the knee joke. It's like I'm an abused puppy flinching at every sudden movement when I read sentences starting like that.

On topic, I feel like the only person on the internets that never really got into Runescape

Hawxx, Vampire, Bint and 5 others like this.
  11. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

Jamburgler, you heretic. ;)

I started playing it when Runescape 2 was released (2004 I think) but then pretty much stopped playing around 2008. Now I only go on it to check the holiday events.

12. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

He is pure. He will lead us to the New World.

CheeseMeister and Boxpipe like this.
  13. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Used to play runescape. Too much time spent on that game :/

14. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I also used to play Runescape, but it just got boring too quickly for me. I never made it past lvl 30 on any skill.

xChapx likes this.
  15. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

I used to play runescape back when I went by the alias Rex DXE, I got into it breifly but had my file hacked way to often, so I quit, PS I used Rex Dxe back when I was in bloody primary school... so much time wasted on pointless games like runescape... sigh

16. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Runescape was my first MMORPG played it when I was in middle school. I remember mining just after starting and some random person came over and started hitting on me asking to be their boyfriend... I didn't know how to talk so after two minutes she/he started to cuss me out and stormed off... fun stuff Runescape.

Hal likes this.
  17. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Lol, this is actually what I thought it was called when I first saw someone playing it, and just looked at the URL! ^_^
    Also, I used to always play as a girl, because you'd get so much free stuff from guys trying to hit on you! :D
    E.g. I got my first two rune pickaxes from eager suitors.

Fellere825 likes this.
  18. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I used to play runescape just like you, but then I discovered Morrowind.

Noburu likes this.
  19. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

I play Runescape on and off.
    I'm slaved to it.

20. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

I played this game years and years but not now, i'm tired. :argh:
    I stopped at level 85.

Mods: BlueLuigi