1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Add Momentum to Archer's Crouch

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by PandemicCommander, Feb 14, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

I play Archer quite a bit, and often have a problem, especially in death matches with getting stuck in a dead end with no time to charge a shot and no way past an attacker since the archer cant move through his enemy. Even a builder can corner and kill archer like this. The archer's "play dead" mechanic lets enemies pass through you but it can only be done while stationary, making it useless for getting past enemies who are actively attacking the archer. What I'm suggesting is that the archer retain some if its momentum when ducking allowing them to slide past an enemy by crouching. This means a skilled archer could fling himself toward an enemy and duck under him as he passes (Attacks would still hit of course). This would also make ducking shots look much more dramatic for archers as they would "dive" under the arrows. Soldat had a similar mechanic where ducking while moving would result in a roll. It greatly added to the flow of the game, and made the action look much better as well. Having your character jump into a fight, roll under the enemy's shot and throw a knife at him looked and felt great, I'd love to see something like that for archers in KAG.

zerd likes this.
  2. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

Archers do not need another tool to avoid people. If you managed to get cornered as the super mobile archer you deserve to die.

3. PandemicCommander

Death matches and spawn camping in ctf result in plenty of unavoidable cornering.

4. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

Good point. I'd be interested to see this in action. I'm pretty sure your two hearts would get stabbed away too quick for you to get past.

5. PandemicCommander

That's what grapple momentum would come in handy Jump and grapple the ground for extra speed before diving. It may be doable if you can anticipate the enemy's timing. (Which is already a big thing in KAG combat anyways.)

6. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

You can pull this off without this return in good players with enough practice, this would be a fun feture.

7. PandemicCommander

Anyone here who played Soldat remember if you could use the roll to get through people or not?

Mods: Rainbows