1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[963] Using trees to defend

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by DooMAD, Dec 16, 2013.

1. DooMAD

DooMAD Shipwright

A simple and cost-effective little trick that will slow down enemy Knights and Archers.

[​IMG]

They'll think "it's not that high, I can wallrun and jump over that", but then they'll hit their head and not know why. But with the tree out of the way:

[​IMG]

The only slight downside is that you can't really put a sawmill trap under it (well, you can, but you'll lose the seed if the tree falls) and also the tree will probably get knocked down after a little while, which kind of ruins the effect.

A more fiendish variation for use in enemy territory is to build a short pillar under a tree and pop a mine on top so that the tree obscures the mine from view. Boom.

:mine:
    :castle_wall:

//EDIT: Forgot to tag game version [963] and I can't edit the title.
    //edit from Kouji: fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  2. metalcallous

metalcallous Shipwright

I'd try that mine trap, just for the giggles XD, I'd use wood though.
    that mine trap gave me an idea;
    in TTH with day and night cycles I'd build 2x2 backwalls on the ground, and when dusk comes I'd plant mines on them. A fun way to terrorize enemies attempting evening attacks.

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I used a trick similar to this in a match recently, except I had a tower with 1 stone block overhang and a spike facing downward. It was climbable for allies and annoying for enemies. Often times, a climbable tower that only slows enemies down can be better than one that outright stops them, because they won't bother destroying it but it still slows them down enough for your own 9 seconds respawn waves to come racing back in.

Never tried that mine trick though, definitely gonna be using that from now on.

4. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

cool idea but i honestly hate everything in this game that obscures my view. its a personal annoyance of mine but when i see grass and bushes when im trying to make a tree farm it drives me crazy. trees too near towers or walls bugs the shit out of me as well

5. -Q

-Q Donator

Woah there satan

Humblar_Tabulu likes this.