1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] The Force Trap

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Force, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Force

Force Shark Slayer

EDIT: Please ignore the trap by itself and focus on the tower.
    Here is the trap incorporated into a tower (Explanation of trap below)
    screen-13-04-08-10-34-23.png
    Here is the trap by itself. But ingame I would build this with a wall or in tower form. I'll be explaining this.
    screen-13-04-08-10-35-02.png

How it works?
    The theory behind it is relatively simple. The (in this case) noob knight walks up to the trap, and immediately decides to go in the harmless looking building. The trapbridges is then activated, the spike attaching itself to the neutral trapbridge. During this process the knight keeps on going and thus rapidly 'runs' into the spike, the knights body being rapidly moved up and down. The effect is an 'instakill' death.
    What happens if the knight doesnt try to barge through it?
    The knight is trapped, unable to get back out either way. The first thing that the knight would think would be destroying the neutral trapbridge that is blocking his/hers way. Thats where the door comes in. The door is team friendly, allowing the team through it. If the knight destroys the neutral trapbridge the door falls down and crushes the knight. Why didnt I use stone? Because the stone would damage the other stone it falls on.

This tower is best used at the frontlines. It utilises neutral bridges and is good for killing rushing knights at the start of a game. Its instakill. It's simple to make and repair, but it needs a builder who can constantly repair the door and the tower. It can also be used in tunnels, obviously just the trap part. The tower is strong and provides the essentials for defence.

Strengths & Weaknesses

Strengths:
    • Quick, easy and simple to build
    • Highly efficient
    • Instakill effectiveness
    • Easy to maintain
    Weaknesses:
    • Easily destroyable
    • Usually only works once each enemy (Assuming the enemy is smart)

Feel free to use ingame and please post your thoughts on the tower. And please dont post useless comments that give me no idea how to change it, just critique it and give suggestions.

Sincerely,
    - Force

NOTE: Please dont suggest I make one thread with all my towers.

EDIT: Please ignore the trap by itself and focus on the tower.

Also could a forum moderator maybe change the name to: [590] A Trap in a tower. I cant. :)

MadDog, rocker2, CrystalClear and 3 others like this.
  2. Nice, but it should be all too obvious for many people to realize its a trap. Its harder to build it during the rushing period compared to a simple linepeice. It might be useful for midgame when other knights rush, but I would still feel safer with a linepeice. Too many know what a trap looks like. Its good though for fun! :D
    Exerpt for a fictional game:
    Run run goes a knight and... what's that? A lone builder? Its my lucky day! Hey the builder's running towards a trap! I guess it would only take one heart out of me, enough to slay him. Run run, yes, got through wait what? The builders hammering me! Oh noes... *dies
    Sadly, this doesn't happen much. Oh well, better than nothing anyway. :rollseyes:

3. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Oooh an acavado trap. Completely original and not done before.

4. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Just because you added one block which can collapse doesn't mean you can steal another members trap

Bammboo likes this.
  5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

It is a nice glitch.

6. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

It'a nice, without the tower a knight can get over, but well I'm guessing that you add it o the tower.

You could add doors on the left so it's not so easy to get pass, and if you make it bigger it will kill enemy knights not just take one heart away from them. If a enemy builder comes the could change it easily to use it to their advantage, maybe a collapsible might help with this.

7. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

My first thought when noticing thread:
    [​IMG]

8. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Those were my first thoughts as well title...
    Maybe someday... :QQ:

9. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I'm glad you agree with me.

10. Bammboo

I'm being sarcastic. Which is something that most of the people that frequent the building forum don't have, or anyone of detecting it, apparently.

11. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Easy to get past this. Knight throws, not having to go into the trap, a bomb into the trap, then continues to spam remaining bombs until it's collapsed. 0.0

On an afterthought, why did you place spikes in the bomb chute? It's a waste of 20 stone, or is the knight going to go on a diet? :0

Speaking of diets, I'm gonna go eat an apple.

12. This is only useful early game. Other than that no. Anything is easy to pass with a couple of bombs. You could say that statement on any other building critique and it would be valid. Although I do agree on the spikes on the bomb chute. Not that useful.

13. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Its called a joke. Maybe you should get a sense of humour.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 17, 2013 9:21 PM ---</br>
    If they decide to try to tunnel. Theres spikes blocking them

14. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Force, I was going to reply to your thread earlier, but instead I made a thread for it. So I can refer to it for later use. My reply to your thread.

Force likes this.
  15. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Thanks, I edited the thread to focus more on the tower I posted.

16. Bammboo

I have one, but when the majority of the people that post in this forum, respond the same way you did to sarcasm, but in a serious way. You get used to people not knowing what sarcasm is.

17. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Fair enough. Same thing happens to me. :)

18. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

It looks too complicated to properly build and/or maintain on the frontlines. If you can, isn't your team already winning?

19. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Thats the main problem with a lot of towers. They are built, then when there finally finished... the team has already moved on. So if in that position its best just to ditch it and move on.
    This tower isnt too hard to maintain, its relatively simple.