1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[514] Quick Frontline Base

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Iamaclay, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Hi, I'm fairly new to KAG but am a keen learner.

I often browse the forums looking to improve my skills as a builder. By combining various forum-found/in-game inspiration I have come up with a quick and low resource front-line tower which, in time can be developed into a formidable fort.

In build 514 the design follows:
    Quickfront-line.JPG
    Knights generally tend to fall for the spike pit as they are baited by the "reachable" three high doors.
    After this I am generally stumped on how to increase the height. This tower is easily bomb-jump-able an I would appreciate feedback on that point. Thanks to anyone whose design is incorporated into this tower. :)

Please give feedback.

Guro, LucasTT, Rayne and 1 other person like this.
  2. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

I like this tower.
    However, you do know you only need the bridge directly under the spike?
    The other two are a waste of resources.
    (also, this is pretty much just a basic spike trap, acavado spike, and a basic tower in one. ;/)
    (and you forgot the build number, might wanna pm a moderator (Ej is probably best), and ask them to add it; otherwise you may get a warning)

3. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Thanks ImAwesome. Not quite sure how to PM a moderator and I added the build number above the picture. Am I meant to put it somewhere else?

4. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

The build number is supposed to go in the title. And, to pm a moderator, just start a conversation with one of them.

5. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Thanks Bammboo. Learn something new everyday. :thumbs_up:

6. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You do need that bridge as the spike under the lower bridge will kill you if you don't place that second bridge above it. (yea I know weird KAG logics)

ImAwesome and Ej like this.
  7. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Yeah, I have tried removing the bridge before and I kept getting spiked. It's only 20 wood anyway. Stops Ladders as well.

8. -Q

-Q Donator

You might want to consider placing structures like this next to trees. Really stops builders in their tracks, and the damn archers can get over it anyway.

9. Force

Force Shark Slayer

You need to remove the spikes under the first team bridge above the trap. If you own team gets stuck in your trap this will prevent them from getting out and will kill them. Nice design though. Its very quick and effective against the enemy.