1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[228] Ducking & Moving REAL slow

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Wyeth, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Today I want to present your (the forums) with two awesome under-appreciated powers: Ducking and moving REALLY slow. Makes you wonder why they are under appreciated like they are, huh?

Anyways, first off: Ducking.
    Many might think ducking is actually extremely useless, except maybe the archer 'playing dead' thing (but seriously who is fooled by that nowadays?) then there is also the fact that 'playing dead' is actually making you harder to hit for enemy archers, or is that just imagination? But actually there is a second thing ducking generally does, not only for the archer, but for everyone.

It basically makes you no-clipping to enemies. What I am saying is, enemies will pass through you like teammates do while ducking. This includes stomps and shield bashes. You are actually "un-shield-bashable" while ducking. Obviously you can still get hit by stabbs, arrows, hammers or slashes. I do believe however that this is something many people don't know and maybe someone can perfect it and become a crazy sidestepping un-shield-bashable behemoth of sorts.

Secondly: Moving slow.
    If this was a superpower of a superhero, he would probably be the laughing stock of the lot, even Ducking-Man would laugh at him (cause he got a shotgun).

Moving slowly makes it possible for anyone to pass spikes safely, even walking into wall spikes or weird "hitting you for reasons that are in no way related to whats happening"-spikes. Basically moving slowly means moving in very small "bursts" just tapping D or A in sucession. I would advice using this in spike pits since there are certain rules for spikes simply striking you while walking past them (mostly diagonal solid blocks, but that's for another time). Even jumping onto spikes 1 block higher is possible if you do it gently.
    Fun fact: Shielding while moving as a knight makes you move at the exact speed at which spikes are harmless for you. Meaning if you just shield and move through spikes you are safe.
    Another fun fact: Shielding up (gliding) down 1 block higher ground onto spikes will also render them useless (other classes can do this through walking really slowly off the block).

So yeah there you have it folks. Maybe someone who spends too much time on this game will find this useful, I know I did.

Thank you for your time and have fun playing.

2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Must try 8D
    thanks for the info C:!

3. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

Didn't know about the ducking, but I can attest to the effectiveness of careful movement. You can also jump up onto a ledge that has a spike on top without taking damage if you hit the corner just right with a light jump and then "climb the corner." Also works for acavado spike ceilinged areas.

4. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Clazy's maps thought me slow moving and many other things.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Neat and BlueLuigi like this.
  5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Edging spikes is very important. Didn't know about the ducking until recently, it's very awesome.

6. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Gotta try the ducking trick next time i play. Knew about walking softly (alas no big gun to carry) through spikes though.