1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

LAN / No Internet Server

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by EchoLynx, Feb 22, 2012.

1. EchoLynx

EchoLynx Catapult Fodder

I just tried running a KAG server while disconnected from the Internet. It seemed to work - I was able to connect on the loopback address. However, to connect I had to launch the game, click "Play Offline", click the back arrow, click "Multiplayer", then click "Connect to..." and type in 127.0.0.1:50301. All the while the server complained about not being able to connect to the master server.

Is the KAG server capable of being configured to run in a LAN-only environment, or is this the only way to do it?

2. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Well there's global sv_require_auth = 1; // If set to 1 server checks client authentication via master server.
    Dunno though.

3. EchoLynx

EchoLynx Catapult Fodder

The server still tried to connect to the master server, regardless of that setting.
    I don't think the server was designed with LAN-only operation in mind.

4. Machinista

Machinista Shopkeep Stealer

It certainly does output nagging debug regarding failure to connect to master server. That said, it appears to work just fine without internet connection.