Terms of Service and Rules
(Last updated: 09/09/2012)
- The most important rule: Use common sense!
- Post in English only (except for certain special cases when explicitly told to post in another language) unless you are posting in the "Other Language" Forums.
- Do not post messages using different fonts, font sizes or colors. Do not post messages in all UPPERCASE. We only have one set of eyes, try and be kind to them. This means that you should not change font colors unless you wish to add emphasis to something. Basically only use slight different yet readable colors, bolding and underlining if you are making a guide, or something similar. Don't post in some color just because you like that color.
- No abusive behaviour towards other forum members. This includes slurs, derogatory statements, pseudonyms, posting to offend ANY individual or social group; (including race, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality or sexuality).
- No flame-wars or flaming. Want to bash someone? Send them a private message, don't rage all over the forums. Flaming is defined as the following:
- Unprovoked Insults
- - Insulting someone because their post is "dumb" is okay within reason.However if you insult someone just because of their beliefs, sexuality, etc or your insult is more than "You are an f-ing retarded c-nt" and is instead somewhere along the lines of "You should go to hell, because you are so retarded that you should have been aborted, f- off and die. Just go back to Gayville" then that is against the rules and will be considered flaming
- - Insulting or abusing someone over time, repeatedly, will be considered flaming, regardless of how light the insults are. Harassment is not allowed
- Don't post threads about griefers besides the designated section. If you wish to report a griefer post in this sub forum for reporting griefers/hackers/abusive players
- Try and stay on topic - We understand that everyone wonders off-topic a little bit but straying too far will result in a warning.
- As an extension to staying on topic: Don't post about something that has already been resolved when the thread has moved on to another point. If you don't have the time to read the thread before posting, please consider not posting at all. At least read the last page of the thread to see where the discussion is at, instead of replying directly to the first post of a long thread.
- No excessive swearing - Vulgarity in light conversation, and vulgarity directed AT an individual or social group are two very different things.
- No multi-posting; i.e. making 2 or more consecutive posts without waiting for someone else to post (The edit button is there for a reason). A plug-in does merge both of your posts automatically, however it will send out an alert to people every time you post. Instead of making a new posts and having it merge, edit your previous post. Only make a new post when you have an important update to add.
- No posting any: spam, single images unaccompanied by relevant text, +/- 1, one word responses (for example: "LOL" or "Hehe", out of context memes, advertising services, bumps, malicious warez or pornographic sites/images. Keep it PG-13.
- Don't ask when the next update will come out. It will come out when they are finished. The developers will tell you when they are able to. Asking spams up threads can be given a warning.
- Try to post in the appropriate sections of the forum (i.e. the section that is most fitting for the content you're posting).
- Use the search function before posting. Many threads have been discussed before. Re-posting about the same things just clutters the forums (and it may land you a warning).
- No multi-accounting (i.e. using more than one account). Doing so will lead to your account being banned.
- Forum games are allowed, but only in The Spamcan.
- Do not ask for your own topic to be stickied.
- No 'click-to-grow' (or similar) links in your signatures.
- Read a forum's stickied topics before posting.
- Do not include more than 3 embedded videos in one post.
- If you see any post which is a violation to the above rules, use the report button located below each post. Even if you're not 100% sure it's breaking a rule.
Rules can change over time. Not reading/knowing the rules doesn't mean that you don't have to obey them.
Forum staff aren't responsible for content posted by members.
The providers of this service ("we") are not responsible for the content of any messages posted. Messages posted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use this service to post any material which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violates any laws.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any messages posted for any reason.
All information or content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. Do not submit any content or information that you consider to be private or confidential.
Moderators will hand out warnings for posts/threads which are not in line with the aforementioned ruleset. When you receive a warning you will automatically receive a system-generated PM about it, from the moderator that gave you the warning. If you wish to dispute the warning you may do so in response to this PM. More information about warnings can be in the About the Forums Section of the Beginners Box
Full warnings will give you a certain number of warning points. Getting a certain amount of warning points will result in ban of varying lengths.