1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(Zone 443) - Futuristic Texture Pack 1.0

Texture/Sound Pack

1. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

LegendBeta submitted a new resource:

(Zone 443) - Futuristic Texture Pack - Texture/Sound Pack

Read more about this resource...

butterscotch, franek123 and Anonymuse like this.
  2. Brownies

Brownies Ballista Bolt Thrower

Nice texture pack!
    A Great work!

3. LegendBeta

Thanks, I gave it a shot with the characters and new sounds.
    Just stuck on what needs to be added now.

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You could do some sprites for KAG too, it'd be great.

5. LegendBeta

You know that's a good idea, I have been meaning to for a long time.

I need a cool idea though.

EDIT: Also thanks for the positive feedback I appreciate it.

Anonymuse likes this.
  6. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Yeah your spriting abilities are pretty scrumptious. In terms of KAG, if you wanted to, what do you think about doing a similar "Star Wars" texture pack. Just like lightsabres for knight, pulse rifles for archers, etc. Just an idea, I think it'd be really neat as long as it's still a viable texture pack to use in competitive play (easy to see attacks and shielding).

7. LegendBeta

You just fuelled a fantastic idea, it's 11:45am again how do I do this anyway...

The story:

The year is around about 2055 and humanity has begun to send people to colonise the moon (because earth has grown too polluted) but disaster strikes and the (one faction vs another) end up fighting.

A massive war is waged to dominate land and take over the surface of the moon, Knights (wearing classic astronaught suits) duel it out with high tech laser swords and holographic sheilds that only appear when summoned "acting like it merges into existence when held up like a shield" and the marksman sit back and fire their (blaster/laser guns?) from behind cover or help push the effort to the enemy's "landing pod".

Behind the actual building of structure is the worker drones, (robots) mining away through the moons surface to find (still thinking what gold and stone could be?) to forge defenses.

I had this odd idea that you would plant poles into the ground and a (crystal/plant life) substance could grow up around the metal pole.

I could add sound effects like cracked glass when mining it and when mined it splits into crystal shards which can be further refined into a "new material" (wood) that is can be shattered using a sonic "blast" from the (archer/sci-fi marksman).

A lot of stuff I am still thinking about, but I really think if I could pull this off that the whole game could become a new awesome experience.

I'm not just talking about some new characters or shiny new gadgets, I mean a whole game retexture.

I may not have too much experience with pixel art, but I could learn a lot on the way and pull it all together.

Also I know KAG better than trench run so mixing it up is cake for me.

jimmyzoudcba and Anonymuse like this.
  8. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Holy shit you took my idea and make it 100x better. The idea of a holographic shield is awesome! I also like the idea of crystal "trees". But my favourite bit was the builders being DRONES, haha. Great idea man, I'm excited for future updates!

9. LegendBeta

This is probably going to be my main project from now on, the whole crystal trees is a long shot, we will see what I can think of when the time comes.

First I will put some characters down.

10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

This is just my opinion (or perhaps my prejudice): forget about the lore thingy -> go for the spriting.

You could use some inspiration from this resource for Classic KAG
    https://forum.kag2d.com/resources/phish-texture-pack.4/
    and several otheres, there's plenty of sweet sprites at the modding section.

LegendBeta likes this.
  11. LegendBeta

Very interesting, thanks @8x

That is quite a cool texture pack, see the thing is when I design anything I always need a lot of inspiration.

Or some idea that fuels the process, so you basically you are saying ditch the lore and remake Kag in some way (with the medieval theme?) in my own art style eh?

EDIT: I love that minimal style

Are you sure this is not a really cool idea?

[​IMG]

Anonymuse likes this.
  12. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Looks good, except the helmet makes it hard to tell what exactly you're looking at immediately.

13. LegendBeta

It's a knight, just a little teaser.
    Do you think I should take this to the next level?

14. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Yeah, I'm all up for any kind of texture pack that's updated and is appropriate for normal gameplay. I'm bored of normal KAG textures at this point.

15. LegendBeta

I have the whole weekend to work on it, I will get the knight down and we will see what happens.

16. 8x

Ofc go with it!
    Also, on KAG sprites can look a bit like puke if you don't have a good colour palette: just because of the shader that affects the inner blocks of a structure or terrain, and because the contrast of the vanilla colours.

That's why I'd suggest you to try to stick to the KAG palette, when you need greens or shades or green, try to grab them from the vanilla sheets, or, make them similar in terms of contrast/colour jumps. The helmet of the knight might look like shade-less ingame.

17. LegendBeta

[​IMG]

I think the design went well.
    Also this is no simple recolor, I have to change the textures pixel by pixel.
    This is going to take a long time, I hope it's worth it.

Anonymuse and blackjoker77777 like this.
  18. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Wow, that looks really nice in-game! Awesome start.

LegendBeta likes this.
  19. LegendBeta

57% Done with the knight, this is the hardest I have ever worked on any sprite in my life c:

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2015, Original Post Date: May 15, 2015 ---
    I think I have spent 5 hours straight doing this knight ...

DOUBLE EDIT: Make that 6 hours, now about 82% done c:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    blackjoker77777, 8x and Anonymuse like this.
  20. Diprog

Diprog Bison Rider Tester
    1. FUN Servers

Attach some screenshots please. Can't vote without them