1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wood & Water Build Released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jun 6, 2012.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

*doffs Mod hat, replaces with top hat*

I swear, Hoj, you are coming pretty close to topping my list of "people who need a smack 'round the back of the head for their own good." I don't think you'd know what constructive criticism was if it walked up to you and crammed a halibut down the front of your shirt. Seriously, if you can't substantiate your claims, please don't make them in the first place.

Honestly, if the game is so terrible, yunoleave?
    ----

To the other people who have raised issues with the new update: thanks for your feedback, now please give it time!

To those who are bitching (you know who you are): FFS! Just because it will take a while to adjust to playing with/map-making for water doesn't make it the end of the world! And as far as changes to archers is concerned we've all known that archer balance needed addressing, so please don't bitch until you've allowed some time to adjust to the new tweak (again, it's not the end of the world). I know the 'it's Alpha/Beta/Gamma/etc.' argument gets thrown around a lot, but in this case just stop and realise that whatever has been done can (and, if necessary, will) be tweaked to death until something workable is found. Geti, MM, etc. have proven time and time again that they care about the game and its community--so give your feedback, give it respectfully, and then give them the space to bring out the goods! Oh, and bloody well stop bitching!

{edit}
    *dons Mod hat once more*

Now remember kiddies: just because Hoj is a horrible, horrible troll doesn't mean you can flame him. And Hoj? If you post flame-bait like that again I will infract you. Or anyone else for that matter! :>:(:

AJ, FlameHaze3, Dark_Ham and 3 others like this.
  2. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Hes waiting for his refund

Ej likes this.
  3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Then he can wait until Hell freezes over. He, like everyone else who bought the game, bought it as is + whatever else got added at a later date. That's it. Not liking a product is not reason enough to obtain a refund. Period. We are now done with 'money back' topic in this particular thread. I will delete any further posts demanding their money back as off-topic. You all have been warned.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  4. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

This update is amazing. Its like a new world for KAG players ! Ofc, server admins have to modify some settings but thats how this game works!

With some proper settings to avoid archers spam and some others problems, we should make some amazing game modes.

• Armagedon like in Worms
    • Atlantis mode !
    Let the dev team fix issues and server admins provide nice servers.

delankski, FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  5. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having read to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Now, moving on to constructive statements. Water is supposed to be deadly. The quality of the new background dirt is subjective and controversial, your opinion is not fact. Archers were horrendously overpowered and needed to be nerfed a little. Whether or not this nerf was overkill shall be seen. I played archer earlier and had no difficult scoring dozens of kills and I primarily play Knight and Builder.

Playing as a knight or builder in close quarters combat before this build was undeniably horrific. I have absolutely no sympathy for you because your favourite class isn't super dominating in every single range. Archers are supposed to be long range classes. Sure you had a lot of fun raping knights and builders in melee combat up until this point but it was horrific and frustrating for everyone but you.

As for demanding a refund because a game you took a risk on by buying early at a reduced price, get over yourselves. You have far exceeded how many hours of fun you would get from another title at 6 times the price of KAG and you have the audacity to demand a refund? The devs want all the play time you put into KAG back if you want your money back.

And as far as throwing your toys out of the pram like a toddler with respect to my comment about waiting a month for rebalancing; the simple fact that you were completely closed to this idea show me how inexperienced you are with balancing games and has 100% null and voided any value your opinion had in my eyes. Balancing has to be done with some times of rest in between, its how you figuire out if shit works one way or another. Constantly changing the default balance of KAG every day would get us no where. So nut up and shut up.

>Implying your post contained any semblence of logic

Have you ever been hit by a construction worker with a sledgehammer? No? It fucking hurts man, don't need logic to tell me that a guy who digs and hauls hundreds of kilos of materials up and down buildings isn't strong enough to beat a man to death with a hammer.

Builders should beat archers in close range. Archers should beat Builders in long range. Thats balance logic. Not some opinion.

Archers winning at every range is not balanced and is in fact quite retarded. Stop crying kid and get over it.

AJ, superpokes, FlameHaze3 and 6 others like this.
  6. Roc_Computer

Roc_Computer Shopkeep Stealer

YAY, for update :D
    Thanks devs for fixing alot of the mechanics for combat ;)

P.S.Now time to build myself a pool :rollseyes:

SARGRA13 likes this.
  7. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

There appears to be a major gamebreaking bug, knights can now fly reproducibly. Currently every server i've been on is a clusterfuck of airbourne knights.

8. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yea it seems people found a bug that's probably been in kag like forever :)

9. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

I retract everything I said earlier about this build sucking.

Because gee whiz, I love flying. Keep it. I like it a lot. It's fun. It's hilarious. It keeps this game silly.

(also unnerf archers, because it just wouldn't be fair to have a 747 with a broadsword while archers are stuck with slow-firing AA guns)

...holy shit flying around as a knight is fun.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 7, 2012 8:20 AM ---</br>
    ...Literally 20 seconds later I hear Geti say "It's fixed." :QQ:

xChapx likes this.
  10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

yeah fixed, everyone patch :)

11. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Teh Best UPDATE FOR NON HATERS :P
    well gotta try it now :)

12. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

13. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Will this be coming to the Zombie Fortress mode? The only thing that would make it not work is the fact that you've made it kind of like EVERYTHING is filled with water, when there should just be pools of water... think of Terraria and stuff. Because this doesn't really make much sense.

14. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

This game is not terraria. Water has a different function here.

SARGRA13 and Ghozt like this.
  15. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

It's not updating for me. All the servers seem to still be there too.

16. Tirius

Tirius Shipwright

Great Update !

But about archer, i have some questions:
    - what is the influence of water on arrows (i've try, we can do good shot under water) ?
    - at fully charge, we can stunt a knight shield ?

And water is too deadly, swim is very hard and we lose breath at the surface, for me, water is like acid :).

Thank for your Job !

17. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

I think we would all like that better, but like Geti explained, that would require months of coding, so it won't happen ;)
    </br>--- merged: Jun 7, 2012 9:56 AM ---</br>
    Lol that is going way too slow to actually matter xD

18. Wasserstern

Wasserstern Builder Stabber

Bucking awesome update.
    But I hope the new fly bug gets fixed soon. :D

19. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

It already was fixed. Restart your client.

20. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

It really just is a nuisance, now. Also, I'm well aware this isn't Terraria, that just served as an example for normal water usage on a 2D platformer with caving.

Also, lanterns spend their time in the players face, they jiggle waaay too much, textures feel gritty and chunky, and the new HUD makes the numbers hard to read at first sight.

xChapx likes this.