1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Weird Resource Placing Bug

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Stevedog, May 3, 2012.

1. Only recently, when i try to place any block, it immediately changes to a different block and places that instead, such as when i try to place stone, i place ladders instead, or when i place ladders, i place trap doors instead.

Anyone know why this is happening?

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Could it be because you quickly select a block and then place it? I find myself placing ladders sometimes instead of stone, when I have to switch blocks. If not, then it's probably a bug.

FliesLikeABrick, Ej and Ghozt like this.
  3. Im also finding it changes without me doing anything, or when i move or press any action key (E, M, T, Y, etc)

4. Yeah, it's probably this.

ooorr

You may place ladders over backwall. I think it's some sort of bug automatically selecting ladder and placing it. Annoying but you can live with it.

5. No, whenever i do anything, the block i chose changes to something else and gets placed where i want a different block to go.

6. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Have you reported it on mantis?
    See if it changes to different blocks under which circumstances so we can have the devs fix it, the more information the better.

7. It changes when i press any movement or action key (except mouse buttons), it changes when i'm placing it, and it changes and places randomly without any input from me.

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

a video would be nice. maybe we can see rather then read it because it doesn't help much.

FliesLikeABrick and Ghozt like this.
  9. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Sometimes, you can clone your character. When you change block, the cloned char changes differently and so you place a different block.

And yay, I am a well-known member :D

Ghozt and Froghead48 like this.
  10. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Indeed, a video would be great. I have a feeling it's selecting the blocks from the menu too quickly, I have seen that happened and it's somewhere on my list of things to ask MM/geti about and create a bug report for.

If anyone has seen a bug report in mantis already regarding this (placing the wrong block due to choosing too quickly), please share the link/number here :)

11. Its nothing to do with choosing a block, it happens when i place the block, or even when i move i place blocks.

12. econtadini

econtadini Catapult Fodder

I'm having the same issue, and it is funny the way it likes to change to spikes...

13. marceneiro

marceneiro Catapult Fodder

I rage quit so many times because of this bug, really, fix this bug !!!!!! PLEASE

14. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I second the request for videos of this happening please

15. marceneiro

marceneiro Catapult Fodder

16. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

I get this too. in addition it places a block after pressing any of the function keys, but that's part of a bug that only i seem to have, where pressing any of the function keys (use, change etc.) acts like I held down left click on the mouse.