1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Downburst's Recommended Banlist of Ne'er-Do-Wells

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Downburst, May 6, 2012.

1. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I've made a blacklist with people who've been reported multiple times or people who've been hacking..
    I know we have the account system with bans, but it just doesn't seem to ban enough for some people.

Server owners can use this by replacing the securitysetup.cfg file that's located at /base/scripts.
    To make sure it works it's better to turn the server down, upload the list and then start the server. As the server seems to have a cache of the banlist.
    Direct link: http://kag2d.nl/securitysetup.cfg
    I will extend this list. But I will only do this by reports placed in the official topic(s).

To all server owners:
    To improve the accuracy of this list, you can post the IP-address of griefers that are on the list. This will decrease the amount of multi-accounting.
    Also, please post IP addresses of people who've been caught hacking.
    An IP-address can be found at the playerstats in the logs folder. Just check if a name is on there that has a 0.0.0.0 right now or someone that's been reported hacking at the report topic. (I didn't add the nicknames of all hackers as the accounts are already permanently banned)

If you are on this list and you do not agree, please leave a comment on this topic and I will take your comment in consideration.

This list is unofficial and using this is on your own responsibility :p

Servers that use this blacklist:
    200×200
    kag2d.nl 250×200
    ceci n'est pas un serveur
    [FR] Nemesis Clan [NMS] Unlimited Lives

Last update:
    # UniversalBlacklist version 43
    # Last update 19 jul 3.26 Amsterdam

Attached Files:

JacKD, Riletyface, Noburu and 16 others like this.
  2. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

Spoolooni is on this list, what he do wrong? Seems to me this blacklist has people on it that maybe you didnt like? I know for a fact spoolooni isnt a hacker, or a griefer.

3. Downburst

He's been reported three times last 3 months.
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/report-abusive-players-griefers-hackers.473/page-76#post-84317

And twice more on the Gaurd forums.
    one of these:

4. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I think its wrong to put someone on a blacklist without telling them,
    you simply cant do something like that!
    atleast make sure that everyone actually KNOWS why they will be banned!
    (and its true, spoolooni may be an idiot sometimes, but he aint no griefer!
    griefers would do it for fun, he would tell veryone three times that he'd collapse it, before actually doing it!)

BoiiW and PainGiver like this.
  5. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

Hey man, people grief at least once or more times. When i first started playing this game I thought it was hilarious to knock down buildings and see gibs flying everywhere. So what if he griefed, you cant tell me you never done it.(If you havnt, then fuck you.)

6. Downburst

I honestly don't see what's the problem here, if anyone's having trouble with his ban post here and I will reconsider your ban. (you two aren't even banned right?)
    Be happy I actually gave the opportunity to appeal bans. I could have just banned all 400 people that have been reported griefing last couple of months, I didn't, I only took the people who were reported griefing multiple times.

This banlist can be used to get servers with less griefers and less fake accounts, if you want to play on a server with lots of grief and idiots, feel free to skip the servers listed at the topicstart.

7. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

This is always the problem with universal ban lists. Everyone just uses it as an opportunity to vent their butthurt, whether or not it was justified. In early Minecraft, ban lists were banned for that reason (though now there are whole autistic websites dedicated to it).

BoiiW, Wonkyth and PainGiver like this.
  8. Downburst

It is true that banlists can be used like that, but everyone on this list has been griefing at least twice. (the only hate thing about it is that some people only report the people they don't like and not the people they don't care about)
    It's pretty transparent, I just made a list of all reports made recently and checked who was reported multiple times. I dont think I've ever met spoolooni ingame. I haven't met most of the people on this list, most of the reports weren't mine.

I am willing to give all griefers on this list a 2nd (last) chance, but they will have to post here, knowing that whenever they get the 2nd chance they will be on the list forever if they ever get reported again.

9. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Best idea ever!

10. p4raiba

p4raiba Bison Rider

11. Redigit

Redigit is not my actual name, it's Tommasop.

I like it.:)

12. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Spoolooni is one of the most level headed dudes I've ever met. This list thing is retarded. Sorry.

rocker2, BoiiW and PainGiver like this.
  13. Wired

Wired Liberated Signature Monkey Donator

So it is debatable that Spoolooni is on the list. Now please explain why the whole list is inherently "retarded". Because Spoolooni is on it?

14. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

(sorry if I hurt you feelings, but I can't explain it any other way)
    let me make myself clear:
    I'll create a list of my pro's and con's.
    pro:
    1: a universal blacklist! GREAT IDEA!
    2: no need to keep track of banlists and whitelists; downburst is here to help you!
    3: so much research was done in the making of this list! unbelievable!
    con:
    1: you simply copy-paste some blacklists from popular servers
    2: the people on this universal banlist are not told that they will now be banned on all servers using this banlist,
    if you griefed, you should learn from your mistakes by being unable to play on that server, but not by being banned on ALL of them!
    3: you aren't a kag-guard, or a piece of the staff: it would be better if something HUGE like a universal banlist would be moderated by someone we know we can trust.
    (I am not saying that you can't be trusted AT ALL! I am saying that the staff are.. well.. the staff, you KNOW you can trust them!)

in short:
    its a good idea,
    but think about who you add; do some research (their reputation, the way they play, if they are kidding, or griefing ETC!)
    </br>--- merged: May 7, 2012 5:46 PM ---</br>
    I can see some more reasons to call it retarded... (some more people who shouldnt be on the list)
    but I dont wanna make this any longer than it already is: I think we would repeat ourself if we'd list EVERYONE who has to be erased from the list.

15. Downburst

Would it really matter if I am a kag guard?
    This list is not automatically used by every server, server owners can use this as it is easy. (like you said at your pros)
    It's just the banlist I use on my servers. I didn't copy paste other servers blacklist, I might have done that if I had access to their files, but I don't.

Btw, I really don't care if someone takes a skybridge down to help the other team or because he likes collapses. He shouldn't grief.

Just saying this once again to stop the spoolooni discussion: If Spoolooni wants to get out of this list, just post here and he will get his last chance.

Hallic likes this.
  16. Wired

Wired Liberated Signature Monkey Donator

I don't think he did I think he went through through multiple threads finding people who had been reported multiple times.
    This is a strictly optional thing, your not banned from all servers since not all server will install this. It is just use full for server owners who don't want to take chances. As for being told. I do think it would be a good idea to tell all people who are on the ban list that they are on it.
    But unfortunatly the guards/staff have not done that so why not let a member step up to the plate and give it a go. Once again this is strictly optional if you disagree with it you don't have to use it. (Well they have partially done that by actually banning people. This is like an extra fire wall stopping people who have been reported but not banned/punished for what ever reason. Probably lack of evidence)

Edit: Ninaja'd :p
    I think it's probably best if you bring up the others who you think shouldn't be on the list. Maybe you can help change it so it is better for the fact you pointed out these people. And I'm sure the OP is open to trying to make his list better. But disclaiming the list is "Retarded" which in it's self is a very derogatory term if probably not a good way to show that your ready to help. (That wasn't primarily aimed at only you Gofio)

17. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

then again: if this list is just YOUR LIST, you should make it universal.
    also, you said that you have checked reports, and put those in your list:
    you just took people that have destroyed something and put them in a blacklist.
    I think we can agree that spoolooni meant to help make the game fair, albeit in his own interesting manner.
    I stil disagree about one thing, which you havent mentioned yet:
    you CANT just make such lists without warning people they're on that list! spoolooni probably does not even know he's on this list,
    and you are saying: Meh, if he responds to (nothing coz he doesnt know), I will give him a second chance.
    about the guard thingy: I meant that KAG guards and staff simply ARE trustworthy, and players, members etc. are just players,
    nothing tells you "I can trust him" (nothing tells you you cant either, by the way)

end of yet another wall of text.

18. Smokeybacon

Smokeybacon Superdreadnought Donator

I think it's essential to have a coherent set of rules that apply equally to all servers that participate in a shared blacklist. That way a player cannot be universally banned for doing something on one server that might be accepted on another.

Pizza likes this.
  19. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

my problems are:
    you should not be banned without evidence,
    the "optional" thing, makes it sound right, but if you think about it, it means that the server owners copy this,
    and get more players banned than needed (not only the actual griefers)
    smokey bacon ninja'd me here: there should be some clear, fair, rules!
    these rules have to be added to the opening post, and the list of "griefers" should be listed in the OP as well: its easier because you dont need to download something and open it and search it.
    last thing I wanna add: i never said the list is retarded:that was Bone sauce.
    I DID say some things downburst SAID are retarded!
    REMEMBER:
    retards can be wise,
    and normal people can act retarded!

20. Downburst

Everyone on this list was reported multiple times by a non-guard with good proof or by guards, people you tend to trust.

All people on this list have had a global ban before or will get one in the near future.