1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Trophy/Earned title suggestions

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Shadlington, Feb 9, 2012.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Okay so there's only a limited number of trophies available at this time (see here for the list).

There is an even more limited list of member titles earned by accumulating trophy points (just new member, member[5 points], active member[25] and well-known member[45]).

So does anyone have any suggestions for new ones? The titles need to be at a certain number of points, the trophies needs a name, number of points awarded and description but can be for all sorts of reasons... Here's an image showing the admin screen for trophy rules. It can be any combination of them (for example I'm thinking of having some for having X posts and a message:like ratio greater than Y called 'Quality Posting' or something like)

Trophyrules.png

SlyStalker and kl4060 like this.
  2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

1000 likes needs to be a trophy.

Contrary will be pleased.

3. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

There needs to be negative trophys.
    Example; "User" has received "X" total Infractions, resulting in -"X" points.

area marked with quotations are changeable.

I posted this in the other thread... I guess I'll post it here to.

Trophy: You have been warned, description; User received first Infraction. Points: -5.

4. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

-5 is a bit harsh. I think temp ban is enough for negative matters. I say only positive. Anyone agree?

SlyStalker likes this.
  5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Agree.

I've been thinking... wouldn't it be cooler to have KAG-themed titles?
    Ya know...

New Member: Peasant
    Member: Squire
    Active Member: Knight

etc. etc.

Administrators can be Kings. :)

6. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator

That's actually quite a good idea. Although I do see where they would want the forum to sort of branch off of the game, if you are smelling what I'm cooking.

7. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

You should combine "user has been registered for no more then so many days" and "number of messages posts". Like Rockys's record of 60 something posts in a single week. (if they get to Rockys's level of super postage then we should call them a "tool").

8. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Well apparently these are default ones, http://xenforo.com/community/help/trophies (I wonder how long it'd take for someone to get 5000 likes)

Anyways, I'd like to see a special title (has to have an awesome name) for people who make quality posts so that way people who want it can't spam forums with random stuff that makes no sense or is incoherent.

9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Is it possible to allow custom titles for pro dudes :d

Also, yea it would be nice to see KAG-themed ones especially, climbing those ranks :)

10. Shadlington

Hmmm. Y'know what I think I would be okay with custom titles if we made it a rule that you had to have earned the 'Custom Title' trophy - which requires that you get over 1000 posts (or is that too high?) and still have a greater than 1:1 message:like ratio. I'd even let you pick it this time.

illu and allknowingfrog like this.
  11. Neat

That'd be almost impossible to get. All the people who have greater than 1:1 message:like ratio have hardly any posts.

12. Shadlington

Psh. Me and Contrary aren't far off 1000 and we've managed 1:1

Anyway if its a rare privilege it'll encourage more quality posting, hopefully.

I suppose 500 may be better though?

13. Neat

Or: it'll encourage contrary to just post jokes everywhere.

14. BlueLuigi

I could pull 1:1, but I'd have to make stupid one liner jokes that everyone likes, and that's kinda bleh. :p

How about something like .5 and 500? Not hard to get at all, and it can be raised if like everyone has 500.

(If it could be a minimum of500 and 500 different story), there's also a lot of areas where posts just won't get you likes usually.

Noburu likes this.
  15. Shadlington

Hrm. You make good points.

I specifically want a hard-to-get requirement that only a small number of people will get, which will encourage forum usage *but not spamming*. So ratio has to be part of it, I think.

Also, was just poking around in the settings. The way I'll do it is if you reach this requirement, whatever it is, you will be added to a special user group that has access to the custom title field - so you'll be able to change it freely.

16. Darksteel

Trophy: You have been chosen, description; Geti or MM liked one of your posts. points 20.

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

whats wrong with that? im hilarious!

Also, I think people have already learned not to upvote contentless one-liners anymore. The like system is based on the community; problems with the like system can be fixed by the community.

Look at that bard guy, like whoring hasn't been done that much and its already yielding zero likes.

18. Neat

That's why they continue to upvote your one liners..

19. Darksteel

That's because he openly said to give him likes.

Also, aren't we supposed to be talking about possible Trophy's? I think you two might be starting to get off topic.

20. BlueLuigi

Who needs to likewhore when we have Noburu? :d

PumpkingSlice, Ej and Noburu like this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97