1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

This game is so much FUN!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeigy, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Zeigy

Zeigy Shopkeep Stealer

The last time I played a game that kept me up until 3 AM in the morning was when I got a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) and was playing Super Mario Brothers 3 through-out the day. I can't believe how exciting this game is.

I've been playing so much over the last three days that for the first time in a long time I've had no more than four hours sleep three days in a row. Now, I have a headache on the right side of my head from sleep deprivation and muscle tremors in my hands. I'm forced to cut down drastically how much time I'm spending in the game today so I can sleep properly tonight.

The game is fast-paced, chaotic and so dynamic. The tide of battle can change at any time and everyone works together to get the job done. The game is so well thought-out the developers are nothing short of geniuses.

I feel as if the entire feel of a real battle during medieval times has been captured in the 2D nature of this game from the knights rushing into battle to the builders constructing fortifications and mining under towers to weaken a bases defences and siege equipment being used from relative safety. Not to mention the entire screen shaking and the sound effects when a tower comes crashing down.

I remember playing on my second day, when our team got the enemy flag, an entire base was being supported at some key point at the back of their base after we had undermined all the forward towers. It was very satisfying and awe-inducing to watch as someone hit the kill switch and we watched as an entire base got completely wiped off the map, it looked like a last ditch effort by the enemy to kill everyone and rescue the flag. The mini-map has made me laugh many times with some of the crazy architectural designs the builders get up to. Imagine looking at the mini-map trying to get an overview of the battlefield when suddenly, over in the far right or left of the map a huge middle finger is glaring at you or a swastika. These builders take their battles seriously and I admit they can psyche your opponents out into thinking you have a more organized team.

The numerous approaches to battle makes this game so dynamic you really don't know what to expect and the different classes play so differently it caters to so many people and their playing styles yet every role is essential, must work together and are fun to play.

Yesterday, I was playing as a builder. I was gathering some resources just outside the base and generally just minding my own business taking in the peaceful surroundings when all of a sudden a severed builders head just fell out of the sky right at my feet. I went like, WTF? Someone had just blew the guy to pieces. Then I saw enemy knights just barrelling towards me and I had to make a run for it.

Which brings me to my next point. The game is so full of style. From the bomb blasts that blow people to pieces to the screams that soldiers make when they fall from a long height down a mountain side and slam dead to the ground. The sound effects are ear candy and I'm just laughing and soaking it all up.

This game has made me laugh so much it's unbelievably that enjoyable.

The taunting and intimidation, failed and successful tactics to psyche out the enemy. The clever use of blocks to form siege towers, forts, tunnels, traps and even their use to conceal and hide soldiers in a darkened room. I can't believe how creative the KAG community is. I can't wait for when this game is finally ready for an official release and more people get to know about it.

I have never considered myself to have a favourite game but after playing this game, it's clearly my number one game.

2. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

• You already liked the post.
    Correct.

3. Agent_008

Agent_008 Bison Rider

You have hit the nail on the head.

About three dozen times.
    You sir, get a like.

Also, the admin above that gave him a warning about posting after a like, that is
    crazy. I'd ask to get that warning removed, but it isn't my business.

4. DanPabst

DanPabst Shopkeep Stealer

This is well said.

5. killerhellhound

killerhellhound Shipwright

• Don't Post Off-Topic
    have you seen the emote carcles thread

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

This game is pretty fun. It's simple but it does this simpleness well. I will say though, it gets more enjoyable if you play with a fun group/clan in vent/teamspeak/mumble. In my case I play with my clan or the guards. (also it's fun to some of your clan mates rage when you ruin their bomb jump or their slash just when they are about to something awesome and/or cause them to get killed)

Off Topic: I didn't give that warning, but he deserved as it was for spam. He liked the post which is basically saying that he agreed, there was no reason for him to post a one word response. If he were to reply to the topic, he should have done something more useful. He did not in anyway contribute to the topic and as such deserved that warning.

Neat likes this.