1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The problems of a hard working builder.

Discussion in 'Builder' started by jaythejayjay, May 30, 2012.

1. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Yeah, this happens a lot. I managed to line up a perfect shot once, ready to destroy one of the enemy team's best players.. suddenly wall what go away

Maining Archer, whenever I see a good build, I'll almost always try to use the build to my advantage (and I'll usually :thumbs_up: the builder if I see him/her working on it, and I'm not in the middle of combat.)

There are times where some builder "strategies" really annoy me - most builders build only quarters and bomb shops. Yeah, way to disable 33% of the team, guys... :huh?:

And yeah, I completely agree with the "stair" method. Makes it much easier to arch, too! :)

2. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I usually don't put arrow shops until the very last because you can get your own arrows from the trees.

3. 1. Buy 80 arrows at the tent (becuase there are always all shops next to it)
    2. Don't die
    3. You don't have to replenish so often.
    4. ???
    5. Profit

4. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

That's usually my plan, but there's almost never all shops next to it, unless I'm playing with builders who actually know how powerful archers can be. I tend to keep my arrow count around ~60-80 though, ~40 if I'm playing against good players who can actually kill me.

Yes, and that's a painfully slow process which basically disables the archers for half the match, cause half of the time you're back at base just holding right mouse and getting bored.

5. trot888

trot888 Bison Rider

Builders do get attacked quite often and are easily attacked, i have a way to slightly get rid of this by.
    using left click mabye you could block with the hammer?

6. feet

feet Bison Rider

With left click you build.

Cirom likes this.
  7. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

or stop running into battle as a lonely builder. i know some builders that can take on 2 knights and win, they need to be nerfed if anything

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

no more nerf, builders have been nerfed already, they used to be more powerful in the fact they had a bigger stun. really builders need some sort of money funnel.
    Builders are the mofos santas of the kag world they give and give but they don't get shit in return (well they get protected). if i saw a builder revolution i wouldn't be surprised.

9. Nyxity

Nyxity Shipwright

This is mainly in Zombie Mode:

Scenario 1:
    Some one sets up a "this is my house go make your own" standard. I am cool with that. I make my own. Then when their place gets trashed everyone starts barging into my place, using my shops, my quarters, etc. They start "redecorating" a place I made. Where did the "this is my house, your house that you didn't want me in is gone buck-o" go?
    Usually I am fine with this. It just means I made a pretty good place. Then the idiots and the griefers come in, modify it to their liking and soon it is no longer stable, trashed or some genius decides to set a bomb off in the center of the base taking out some very important shops as well as letting zombies in.

Scenario 2:
    I'm alone for a couple of days on Zombie Mode. I am building a huge tower/trap and soon others come along, set their standards. I abide by this. A guy wants to make his "Home" on top of my tower? Okay. We are sharing the same place. It works. He builds stairs and walls so no one can enter or get out? I find a way around that while keeping in mind his interests.
    Then a bunch of new players move in, make their own little bases with quarters, maybe even joining forces. Oh, great... they are using up all the rock across the map.
    I have my own little base. I mind my own business. Players start coming in to use my shops. That is cool. As long as they don't destroy the shops I am fine with that. Then they realize "Oh crap, we used all out resources! Lets go to this guy's place and take his!" Well, okay... share the resources... but don't tear down my floor or my wall! Don't steal components of my freaking base! If I seal the doors up, don't bomb my place and then celebrate over it. You rub that in my face I'll snap! I will freaking snap!

Sigh.

Scenario 3:
    I can be cool about this. Little idiots getting their laughs off blocking off a tunnel I am in so I have to chop down wood block and crack down stone block one by one just to get out again... but damn it! You assholes!!!!

Sigh...