1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The problems of a hard working builder.

Discussion in 'Builder' started by jaythejayjay, May 30, 2012.

1. jaythejayjay

jaythejayjay Catapult Fodder

Knights look down at you. Archers are snot-nosed. Nobody quite understands the hard calculations and tree chopping that occurs when you are a hard working builder. Here is where you tell of your annoyances in the game as a builder. Builders only, knights and archers will get shot. Survivors will be....shot..... Discuss.:D

2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I've had only good experiences as a builder. On many occasions, I've had Knights and Archers give me :) or :thumbs_up: when seeing my work repairing towers or building fortifications.

Archers are snot-nosed?

3. CoD

CoD Haxor

Yeah you have got to love when you're building and a fellow teamate comes along and recognises your hard work.
    Then you have the other 90% of the time.

4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Well. That's not my experience. Maybe you guys just expect people to be TOO happy about Builder work.

5. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

People have a sterotype of dumb builders, and I'm not sure it arrogance or looking down, its a war, you don't have time to complement buildings.

Ghozt likes this.
  6. DivineEvil

DivineEvil Tree Planter

Awww, I absolutely love playing a buider.:rollseyes:

You start as an architect, proving your design abilities by quickly arranging defensive lines...
    You imagine how opponent's team builders doing the same...
    Then, you follow your team to hold the ground between. Everything here depends on their strength, and your work allows them to hold the pressure, to find a resort to lick their wounds...
    Then you start peacefully gathering resources, thinking about all the things that you wish to build...

...until you fing the gold, build the Siege Workshop, get the Catapult and rush to the frontlines to friggin' drop that damn thing down and tear everything apart!!! Intestines are hanging off the trees, skull fragments are spraying up in the sky like the fireworks in the New Year! And you keep raining the rock-solid death into their walls until their fortifications start looking like a big pile of nonsence bulls**t! A scared enemy builder comes in to patch up the hole and you just land another piece of nature's wrath right into his ugly face! And then you start hurling your warriors right into the opening, where they throw bombs around, turning their resort into horrible hell of fire and destruction. Your catapult is broken by a keen archer, but it doesn't matter - you just go back and make another goddamn thing, and keep doing it until the whole enemy territory is filled with smoldering ruinds and dissected bodies!!!

So yes, I like playing as a Builder.

Jagged-Holes, Cirom, Sarmane and 9 others like this.
  7. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

Divine....
    Calm the fuck down.

Cirom, GloriousToast and Worm like this.
  8. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Damn Divine... that's freakin deep girl :o

9. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

First off, I have a shield, so good luck shooting this knight.

On topic, here are our list of grievances against certain specific builders.
    -Spending all game making a bunker or entombing. It isn't helping the team at all, it drags out the game much longer at the end, and it hurts the team by effectively decreasing our team size.
    -Intentionally running into areas that will get you killed for no payoff. Don't go diving into a ball of 4 knights just because one of them is at half a heart. You will just add your heart to his half. Alao you aren't going to be repairing anything with 5 swords and 3 arrows in your back.
    -Making it hard, difficult, impossible, or even deadly to get to the front-lines from the base. We already have enough lives and ground being lost to the enemy, we don't need you helping them with your misplaced stone walls and spikes.

Other things are annoyances, like playing too defensively, constantly harvesting resources, and building slowly, but most knights actually won't "look down at you" for those things. It's the stuff that holds us back or hurts the team that will piss us off.

And sorry if we don't stop to give you a :thumbs_up: or :yes: when we run by, it's just that we are usually in a hurry to get to the enemy so that they don't get to you while you are doing your job. Even if you are doing something like going on an epic killing/destruction spree like DivineEvil up there, we can't spare time with emoticons when we are shielding against arrows so a lone enemy archer doesn't end the spree and farm loads of coins off the catapult.

10. DivineEvil

DivineEvil Tree Planter

Hell, I'm always getting :thumbs_up: when the half of enemy team just got pulverized by the debris of their frontal defenses! Playing good Builders just takes you to be more active in the overall match strategy. You must know where all currently accessible resources are located, what are you harvesting them for, what's the status of your outermost structures etc.

In short, Fighters thinking in the screen, Archers thinking in the vision range, Builder thinking in the whole map. And if you're up to some serious catapult action, you should know ratios of weight between stones, people, bombs and kegs, which are all require different charge to launch into the same point.

It's really fun when there's a three-catapult brigade bombing the enemy so hard that nobody can pass trough alive. Priceless.

Sarmane and Yess like this.
  11. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Chances are, if you're being ignored or yelled at, you suck as a builder. Hard working or not. JUST SAIYAN

12. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

No one seems to realize i am even a builder unless i am the only one, i get no recognition unless i am on the front lines risking my life. Overall i don't much care if i even do get :thumbs_up: or :yes:, i just want the useless builders to STAY OUT OF MY WAY and the knights/archers to shut up and kill people.

Chinizz likes this.
  13. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

I don't care of your shield. I still can kill you.

14. thebonesauce

A shield != protection from archers. Just ask CoughDrop. :D

Cirom likes this.
  15. feet

feet Bison Rider

How would they get shot? Only builders can post in this thread. Unleee-eessss, you are an archer. Then you can shoot others. But you then must shoot yourself. And if you survive, you shoot yourself again and again and again.

A shield may protect you from arrows, but it won't protected you from waves of falling castle wall!

Gamerbro and Yess like this.
  16. thebonesauce

Just for the record, != is programming jargon for, "does not equal." lawl

There ya go, you just learned something!

17. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

"The More You Know!" And even archers can bypass a shield if they time their shots well.

Cirom and Rayne like this.
  18. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Yes but you need atleast two for that

19. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

Hence me saying "archers" implying there are more than one.

Rayne likes this.
  20. DustStorm

DustStorm Shipwright

Just to say, some people (like me) cant be bothered to do a :yes: or a:thumbs_up: instead we do a :) or the occasional:D