1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Engine KAG The bug of N

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Justrae, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Justrae

Justrae Catapult Fodder

Everything I type is N, even in the chat -.-

Attached Files:

norill likes this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I would recommend not just typing the letter N. There are other buttons on the keyboard.

No but seriously, you didn't use this form at all. Revise?

If I had to hazard a guess at what the issue involves I'd say all the keys on your keyboard have been changed to reflect the setting of the N id. What OS is this/are you using a certain keyboard brand/did this just start happening/etc?

Asu and Gurin like this.
  3. Justrae

Justrae Catapult Fodder

I'm sorry I was in a rush and pissed,
    I mean everything I type comes out as N. I've downloaded and reinstalled the game already :/

I'm pretty sure its not the keyboard, this just happened after I bought and installed KAG.

KAG Server/Client
    Windows 7

4. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Hiyo,

Is this still happening?
    I know he's been inactive for almost half a year, i'll give this A week or so and decide what i'll do.

5. Atomic_Dodger

Atomic_Dodger Horde Gibber

I have this aswell, I cant even login, I have to login through steam, i cant chat, this is the worst bug, please make a fix

6. what os? and what language settings?

7. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

8. Atomic_Dodger

yes, windows 7 I tried american english and and uk english and it didnt work. Also this happend in the classic, I bought the beta hoping there would it would be fixed.

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

What is are native language settings? IE What locale is windows installed as?
    Shame that setting US/UK keyboard layout doesn't help but I need more than complaints and things that you tried. My guess is your version of windows feeds the input library (not our code) something that isn't utf-16 or utf-8 and it doesn't cope well, but I need more info to be able to do anything about it.

10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

If he's the guy I'm thinking about (and not someone with the same profile pic, but i don't think so), his locale should be fr/fr, the same one as me. I don't have this issue on windows 7 (64-bit, i don't think that matters at all anyways) nor ubuntu 15.04.

11. Atomic_Dodger

Windows 7. How do I find out locale?

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

13. Atomic_Dodger

Irish (Ireland)

14. Geti

Thanks, I'll pass it on. Might require updating some library and might take some time unfortunately; as you can kinda see from the thread there's not too many people affected by it :/