1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid simple signature status script with simple scripted server savvy

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by FliesLikeABrick, Jun 16, 2012.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Many of you already found the signature generator at https://poc.kag2d.com/siggen/kagstatus-simple.php?username=FliesLikeABrick

I also created a script which you can use in a tag to make a clickable link. Anyone who clicks this link will be redirected to a kag:// link which should open their client and auto-join them to the server (if it doesn't have a password).

https://poc.kag2d.com/joinme/kagstatus-joinme.php?username=FliesLikeABrick

I need to add some checks to it, but it should work now overall. The checks I need to add are: - Don't forward them to the kag:// if the server has a password - Only send a kag:// link if they're on windows (linux and mac don't have kag:// yet because they don't have KAG installers)

So for example, clicking on this image should join you to whatever server I was last on:

[​IMG]

The BBCode for that is :
    Code:
    [URL='https://poc.kag2d.com/joinme/kagstatus-joinme.php?username=FliesLikeABrick'][IMG]https://poc.kag2d.com/siggen/kagstatus-simple.php?username=FliesLikeABrick[/IMG][/URL]

You can read more about KAG command line arguments and client autojoin on the wiki

(Not the one below, since that one is my real signature and links elsewhere:

edit: here's the source for these two scripts:
    Here is the source for the signature generator:
    https://poc.kag2d.com/siggen/kagstatus-simple.phps

And for the kag:// redirector:
    https://poc.kag2d.com/joinme/kagstatus-joinme.phps

2. Adelarth

Adelarth Builder Stabber

Fantastic feature Now the only thing left for the developers to do is a friend system :) Keep the good work going guys

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

As always, great job FLAB. :)

TheBlackDog and kl4060 like this.
  4. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

kl4060 likes this.
  5. FliesLikeABrick

Please use it from poc.kag2d.com instead of r.u13.net - it has SSL and is where other example code will go in the future :)
    I am going to delete the u13 copy soon and will be open-sourcing other code on poc.kag2d.com soon

kl4060 likes this.
  6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This is amazing, simply amazing, I have an idea for an easy way to track who's online now hehehe.

kl4060 likes this.
  7. Zuke

Zuke Shopkeep Stealer

it's awesome =D

kl4060 likes this.
  8. BlueLuigi

Problems I've noticed so far: It just opens a link to the exact url without forwarding me anywhere.
    Doesn't open up my KAG :/
    I'll look into what I'm doing wrong on my end later.

kl4060 likes this.
  9. FliesLikeABrick

BlueLuigi, are you on windows, with the latest build from today?

edit: and what folder is your KAG installed to?

kl4060 likes this.
  10. CoD

CoD Haxor

Nice one FLAB :). Now I can't be a loner on one server when all my clan members are on another.

kl4060 likes this.
  11. BlueLuigi

I am.
    X:/Programs/Games/KAG

But the last one I installed was /KAG 190, so I made a copy there to try and fix it. I'll try reinstalling the latest kag over what I have now. :)

kl4060 likes this.
  12. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yeah using the installer fux with where everything points to. Reinstalling latest KAG again is easiest way to fix it.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 17, 2012 2:08 AM ---</br>
    Now if we could just add date and/or time last seen I will rejoice.

Would it also be possible to pull the last seen info for the forums?

Putting both of those together with everyone in my clan's username would make it quite handy to see whos on, or when they last were, all at once.

kl4060 likes this.
  13. FliesLikeABrick

Yep - and hopefully we'll have buddy lists before too long, that way you don't need to make a call for every single "buddy" you want to know the status of. I'm hoping to have multiple "lists" that one person can have, as well as joint lists that clans can share which list all members - then that list can be public or shared with certain other people. Then a single API call can be made to retrieve all lists or just specific ones. I've been brainstorming this on and off with shad for a little while now and have got some good ideas.

kl4060, Bly, Noburu and 1 other person like this.
  14. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sounds absolutely wonderful. Would it also be possible to bold and color the online/offline in green/red? Would make seeing things at a quick glance really easy.

I sloppily did this last night: http://actionkag.pen.io

kl4060, Bly and Ghozt like this.
  15. FliesLikeABrick

Yep I'm planning on using colors/etc to add some more info to the image tomorrow

kl4060, delankski, SARGRA13 and 3 others like this.
  16. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Very fantastic :) its working , and nice .

kl4060 likes this.
  17. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

SIGNATURESSIGNATURESSIGNATURES

kl4060, Arcite and delankski like this.
  18. FliesLikeABrick

teemo you should wrap your sig in a script that makes it click-to-join-able. very nice thought :) Soon I hope to send out what class a player is currently playing as and some other things, so that you could even show the right class and maybe even the right hat/head. the possibilities are endless, it'll just come down to what we have time to implement.

Straying slightly off-topic but still in a productive sense (which I think is acceptable for this kind of subforum) -- if a server status listed things like the player's class and then the player/info call provided what head/hat/etc a user plays with, you could potentially make a neat "server lineup" image from it -- that shows the red team versus the blue team, properly spriting each character. kinda like they're standing there all bad ass sizing each other up </random>

edit: also I meant to say nice sig

illu, kl4060, FuzzyBlueBaron and 4 others like this.
  19. FliesLikeABrick

Konfitur, kl4060 and Noburu like this.
  20. FliesLikeABrick

Added coloring of the server and user, as well as when they were last seen

Why don't you have that page using my click-to-join script? (in the first post) Just add an <a tag that points to something like https://poc.kag2d.com/joinme/kagstatus-joinme.php?username=USERNAMEHERE

kl4060, Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey