1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Still no new maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ccnc, Mar 23, 2014.

1. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

Cant even remember the last time new CTF/TTH maps have been added on the commonly poplulated servers (Beo, black death, retaria, official)
    I played on a new ctf map on "beo CTF" a few weeks ago but never saw this map again. We have many people here creating new maps, why nobody uses them.

maps like "FourRivers" are way overused (I hate this map for creating eternal matches)

Mazey likes this.
  2. That's up to the server owners. Take it up with them rather than cluttering the forums. Sounds harsh, but really, like I said, it's up to the server owners to introduce new maps.

3. Leo

Leo Haxor

I am trying but no one ever joins blue colored server....

4. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I agree about new maps, and as leo said people just don't join blue servers for some reason. What we need to do is make some new maps and present them to devs to add in a future update.

5. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

RIP Hierbos
    No longer the top servers
    (Yes I know they're back up)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  6. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

As Leo said: On the Black Death servers we tried 2 or 3 times with custom maps but no one wants to play on modded CTF.
    I think that maps made by community that was added to the game should be in the KAG-Beta\Base\Maps\CTF folder etc. - not in a separate folder. This should solve the problem - temporarily.
    For now, all maps are useless. People spend their free time on creating them but in vain. Their maps can't be used. If you add them to the server, it'll be empty (because of modded).

I don't want to post twice the same thing, so - The same shit is with mods. All except zombies and Aphelion's RPmod are "dead". I dont mean that they have been abandoned by their creators, but that mods can not be used as everyone would want. There's exactly the same thing as with maps.
    Who of you guys would like to play on a CTF server with custom heads and new awesome maps? The answer is fuckin' obvious! I'm surprised that for eg. @Skinney is not angry (currently there's no even one server with a blowjob mod).

Can someone from the developers tell us when we can expect any changes? This month?, Next?... year?.. maybe?

That below will be a little offtopic, but I don't care.
    Everyone thought and hoped that steam release will cause the influx of new players. It happened, however how many of them still plays? I think there's no other chance to increase the number of players. You (devs) should do everything you can to prevent this - to keep as many players as you can.
    Look how many suggestions have been posted on the forum, and how many of them have been considered by you.

I hope I'm wrong but it looks like it will be a second Soldat.

I wanted to finish here, but I will add one more sentence. This is just sad that we have to wait months for some important things that can be resolved very easily in the game that we love...

@Geti @MM @Shadlington @ALL!
    :heart:

7. hugio88

hugio88 I am the king of KAG! Donator

Well, i have a server with custom maps.

And I don't have any problems with the blue thing, now my server is gaining popularity because it isn't blue and it has custom maps. ::)::thumbs_up:

Me happy.

8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I don't think it was a bad idea to color code the servers - I think it was a good idea actually. I mean, how could the devs have predicted that everyone would be so fucking scared of the blue servers? It honestly doesn't make sense.

Maybe they're just trying to wait it out unil people learn to trust the blue servers. I for one cannot wait until the servers actually have differences instead of all being the exact same thing - we have official servers for vanilla kag.

But seriously, does anyone know why nobody plays on blue servers? (except for shiprekt)

9. hugio88

I think it's because of the search button.
    Most of the people don't press the browse servers button.
    They press the CTF button, and that button places them into a non-modded server.
    So when there are more people in the vanilla one, the others will join that server too.

Beelzebub likes this.
  10. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

The UI funnels people into nonmodded servers.

[​IMG]

KingMufasa, Andr01d and Guitarman like this.
  11. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

I wish that there was no auto-join UI whatsoever. If you want to multiplayer, you should have to pull up the server browser.

This is the main reason why modded servers don't get any attention.

bobotype likes this.
  12. Leo

Leo Haxor

I think custom maps do not flag servers anymore as modded which is a very good thing and something I was always asking for.

13. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

I have some special maps for you I made. <3
    How to download you ask?
    Just click on the image, view it big.
    And save to your PC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know if these maps work.
    But you can always try! ;D

14. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Would be kind of cool to have specialty maps. Maps that don't fit regular kag and change up the gamemode. Like all tunnels, one big castle, mainly ocean, facing worlds, etc.

15. DragonShark

I was planning to do that, I wanted to make a giant house with all kinds of stuff.
    With wood and all that.

16. hugio88

hey @DragonShark, Can I customize your third map and make use of it in my server?

DragonShark likes this.
  17. DragonShark

Sure, if you want to.
    I have another one for you. <3

[​IMG]

hugio88 likes this.
  18. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yes, MM fixed the custom maps = blue thing recently.

Also, @DragonShark, dumping maps in a random thread isn't a great way to share them, try uploading them to the resources section instead.

19. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Are there any other sekrit (not mentioned) things that has been changed in the last build?

20. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Heh, if custom maps get popular again I might start making mine again...

I guess that was always the thing, the infinite loop of "Map maker makes map, no one uses map, map maker stops making maps, no new maps, people complain about no new maps, map maker makes map, etc", that kept discouraging me from making maps for the game...