1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Sitanel's Map Generator Generated Maps

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Sitanel, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Sitanel

Sitanel Shopkeep Stealer

Right now I'm playing with the RTDM generator, trying to create some CTF maps and I got this thing:
    000001.png

I'll play a bit more and post the results in here, and if I got something real nice I'll post the modified generator file also.
    The maps below were generated with "mirror_map" enabled on gamemode.cfg
    Now I came through some second hand castles ;)
    000003.png
    000002.png
    Based on these results I'll tweak a little more...

...and here I am again, how about these guys for a CTF?
    000005.png

I think I achieved a nice generator for my needs, I'll stop here for today attaching some maps and the tweaked generator file. The maps bellow are samples of it. They were generated with the atached file generator_castle_hole.cfg
    000006.png
    000007.png
    000008.png
    000009.png
    000010.png
    000011.png

--update--
    These ones were generated with the attached file generator_castle2_abyss2.cfg
    000012.png
    000013.png
    000014.png

In the next update I'll be playing with tunnels and caves.

--lie--

Now I'm gonna put the last generator on this topic and I'll start taking requests ;)
    Here are some big castles for RDM / CTF and the respective generator, generator_big_castle.cfg
    000015.png
    000016.png
    000017.png

Now I'm gonna modify it to the zombie fortress ;)

Attached Files:

Jim_Dale, Robinskie, Antman and 3 others like this.
  2. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Would you be so nice as to document which lines gave you which result in the map? Pretty please? lol

3. Sitanel

Sitanel Shopkeep Stealer

Since there was many "blind" editing, it will be good even for me.
    I started from the file Base/Maps/generator_rtdm.cfg
    Then I changed the map size at lines 8 and 9:
    override_map_width = 250
    override_map_height = 150
    and the baseline just a bit, from 66 to 70

I played a lot with the lines 16 to 19 to generate the first one, but then I got tired and put ground noise frequency to 0 to avoid necessity of building things to cross the hole in the middle.

In the mountain concentration (line 23) you decide if there will be a mountain (any value greater than 0)and where it will be. 50 puts it in the middle, 25 in the half middle and 3 in the bases. Width and height (lines 24 and 25) help to smooth it by not making something hard to cross, but you can use it to make a big mountain also.

Hole concentration, width and height work just like the mountain attributes, but instead they generate a hole. in the file attached it generates a hole in the middle (line 28 at 50).

Finally I changed some values at the area generator that somehow worked as I wanted, but I really dunno what I did.

--EDIT
    Ah i forgot, change lantern and chest chances to 0

random_chest_probability = 0 # per free area
    random_lantern_probability = 0 # per free area

JacKD likes this.
  4. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

These are some really nice maps, good job!

Sitanel likes this.
  5. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Thanks for the info!
    For the castles did you use a default configuration or did you modified something?

6. Sitanel

Sitanel Shopkeep Stealer

I modified a little width and height of the generator, the lines just before the lantern and chests

7. Robinskie

Robinskie Drill Rusher