1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting Build Videos

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gunnar, Dec 30, 2012.

1. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

i know i've made my opinion on the subject very clear before, but i am oh so excited about the dynamic soundtrack. the siege music in the preparing for a siege video has got me so hype.

SlyStalker and Froghead48 like this.
  2. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Check out the blog guys! The fire looks promising eh? Personally it is one of my most anticipated features :)

Villekille707 likes this.
  3. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Woot so excited for fire :) do we have any sort of release date yet?

4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

No. There is no concrete release date. There is no estimated release date. There's no clairvoyance in here, there's no telling when the devs may decide to release it. Don't listen to ANYONE that may throw a date out, because 95% chance says they're wrong. Don't listen to ANYONE but the staff in regards to any release dates about the game. Everyone else that throws out estimates are idiots.

5. thebonesauce

I said don't listen to anyone that may throw a date out because the devs usually don't throw dates out.

6. vampo

fire looks good, not great. i'm excited to see it in motion. spriting fire with such small blocks is a serious challenge. maybe they'll end up using bigger sprites when 2x1 or 2x2 blocks are on fire.

Froghead48 likes this.
  7. I don't listen to dates that even devs that throw out, because as a software dev myself, I understand that things like bugs, security issues, marketing direction, and financials can come unexpectedly and delay a product before it launches.

To be honest guys, give the devs a break on the release schedule. If they feel too pressured to release early, they'll release early, and we'll all get a game that's buggy and not feature-complete. You'll complain that it's buggy and that it doesn't have feature X, Y and Z, and nothing will be better. If we give them time to get it done well, and let them set the release schedule accordingly, then they will release a solid product that has properly been tested and vetted. You will be much happier.

Secondly - I can assure you the devs don't like taking longer than they have to. If the game were ready now, I promise you they would release it. They have to make a living too - and the longer it takes for them to release the game, the longer it is before they can make money on it. That means basic things for the devs - rent, food, internet - aren't getting paid. You'd be surprised how fast a game can get done when salary is dependent on it. :P

So let's ease off the KAG staff for a bit. They're working hard to make a great game and a powerful experience that will last far beyond their individual ability to support it. Instead of complaining about the game not being out, here are some more valuable, and helpful, things we could be doing as a community:

• Promoting goodwill on servers - encouraging newcomers to the game by helping them learn KAG
    • Helping expand the documentation on the KAG wiki (anyone can do this)
    • Blogging about KAG to draw people who haven't heard about it yet to the game
    • Making extra content for classic KAG, like maps and texture packs, that increase the enjoyability of the game
    • Helping keep a positive and welcoming environment on these forums where people can discuss, enjoy - and criticize - the game in a respectful manner
    • Playing as much KAG Classic as we can because, honestly, it's just really dang fun
    All of those things are far more productive uses of our time, and make the KAG world a better place to be. The best games that last the longest aren't necessarily the best coded, or best designed ones. Often, they're the ones with the best community. Let's be that community for KAG. :)

Rayne, rocker2, SlyStalker and 6 others like this.
  8. thebonesauce

splitting, you should've seen the pressure they had to release Zombies... They didn't release early then, they're DEFINITELY not gonna release early now. ;)

Froghead48 likes this.
  9. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

They pretty clearly said they aren't happy with the look of it didn't they?

Froghead48 likes this.
  10. vampo

I don't think I've read that explicitly, but i've gotten that vibe, sure. Why do you ask?

Froghead48 likes this.
  11. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

SirSalami and Konoko like this.
  12. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

carver

inactive_account and rocker2 like this.
  13. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

I can't wait till the new kag cuz then I can finally say.. timber!!!
    And don't get upset with it cuz you haven't tried it yet (just like trying new food).

SlyStalker likes this.
  14. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

!mat_bombs.
    CHEATS FOR EVERYONE.
    Also, shiny shiny new archer gadget.
    Just afraid it might cause more grief than good to the archer using it.

inactive_account likes this.
  15. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Looks like your really going to have to finesse as knight now. Archer sprite looks kinda weird :huh?: its a WIP though. It's to be expected:D

16. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Woaw.
    But the knight sword is actually a bit strange...

17. vampo

personally i think the dynamically rotating sprite looks awful. nothing against the devs, i think honesty is helpful. i'm glad they didn't do the same for the knights. i'm really excited to try out knight combat with these new moves. it looks promising! the fire does look much better in motion. still think it needs a little work, but i know these guys are committed to quality. i'm probably going to watch this video like 10 times in the next hour.

a wild griefer appeared!
    admin, i choose you!

use deny builder!
    *unf*
    griefer uses bomb!
    *COLLAPSE by xGrieferx69 (size 76 blocks)*

use deny knight!
    it's not very effective.
    griefer uses satchel!
    it's super effective!

admin faints
    :D:p:rollseyes:;)

-omg- the new walking and jumping animations for archer - sofa king kewt!!! i love it. also the knight's fencing step while shielding looks great. -ack!- did that arrow at 2:21 ricochet off the knights shield?! everyknight hastoblock! not just the frontmen.

16th, Contrary, SlyStalker and 2 others like this.
  18. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

They made a LINK HEAD *collapses with a mixture of amazement and "this is awesome"ness*

19. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

archers are freakin ghosts now, they looks like they move as if sliding on ice. really fluid.

Anded and Froghead48 like this.
  20. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

I really hope that the chat box gets a facelift.
    It takes too much space as of now, in my opinion.

SlyStalker likes this.